Design and Prototyping Micro Centrifugal Compressor for Ultra Micro Gas Turbine
In order to investigate the design method for a micro centrifugal compressor, which is the most important component of an ultra micro gas turbine, an impeller having the outer diameter of 20mm was designed, manufactured and tested. The designed rotational speed is 500,000 rpm and the impeller has a fully 3-dimensional shape. The impeller was rotated at 250,000 rpm in the present study. The experimental results of the tested compressor with the vaned and the vaneless diffusers were compared. It was found that the vaned diffuser attained the higher flow rate than the vaneless diffuser at the maximum pressure ratio. In addition the maximum pressure ratio was higher for the diffuser having a larger diffuser divergence angle at the high flow rate. These results were compared with those obtained by the prediction method used at the design stage.
- A. H. Epstein, et al., 1997, “Micro-Heat Engine and Rocket Engines, -The MIT Microengine Project-,” AIAA Paper, 97-1773.
- A. H. Epstein, 2003, Millimeter-Scale, Mems Gas Turbine Engines, ASME Turbo Expo 2003 GT-2003-38866, Atlanta, Georgia.
- E. Matsuo, H. Yoshiki, T. Nagashima and C. Kato, 2003, “Towards the Development of Finger-Top Gas Turbines,” IGTC Tokyo OS-103.
- Y. Gong, B. T. Sirakov, A. H. Epstein, C. S. Tan, 2004, “Aerothermodynamics of Micro-Turbomachinery,” ASME Turbo Expo 2004 GT2004-53877,Vienna, Austria.
- J.P. Johnston, S. Kamg, T. Arima, M. Matsunaga, H.Tsuru and F. B. Prinz, 2003, “Performance of a Micro-scale Radial-Flow Compressor Impeller made of Silicon Nitride,” IGTC Tokyo OS-110.
- S. Ashley, 1997, “Turbine on a Dime,” Mechanical Engineering, Vol. 119, No. 10.
- Special Issue of Micro Gas Turbine, Journal of GTSJ, Vol. 29, No. 3 pp. 122-159.
- S. Tanaka, K. Isomura, T. Kato, F. Sato, M. Oike, T. Genda, M. Hara, T. Kamatsuchi, S. Sugimoto, J. F. Li, H. Yamaguchi, N. Ijichi, M. Murayama, K. Nakahashi and M Esashi, 2002, “Design and Fabrication Challenges for Micromachined Gas Turbine Generators,” 9th ISROMAC, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- K. Isomura, M. Murayama, H. Yamaguchi, N. Ijichi, H. Asakura, N. Saji, O. Shiga, K. Takahashi, T. Kawakubo, T. Watanabe, A. Yamagata, S. Tanaka, T. Genda and M Esashi, 2002, “Design Study of a Macromachined Gas Turbine with 3-Dimensional impeller,” 9th ISROMAC, Honolulu, Hawaii.
- T. Hirano, N. Yamaguchi, G. Minorikawa, H. Tsujita and S. Mizuki, 2005, “Design and Prototyping of Micro Centrifugal Compressor for Ultra Micro Gas Turbine,” 7th ISAIF, Vol. 1, pp. 71-76.
- M. R. Galvas, 1972, “Analytical Correlation of Centrifugal Compressor Design Geometry for Maximum Efficiency with Specific Speed,” NASA TN D6729.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.4.426
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.426?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기