Large Eddy Simulation of the Dynamic Response of an Inducer to Flow Rate Fluctuations
A Large Eddy Simulation (LES) of the flow in an inducer is carried out under flow rate oscillations. The present study focuses on the dynamic response of the backflow and the unsteady pressure performance to the flow rate fluctuations under non-cavitation conditions. The amplitude of angular momentum fluctuation evaluated by LES is larger than that evaluated by RANS. However, the phase delay of backflow is nearly the same as RANS calculation. The pressure performance curve exhibits a closed curve caused by the inertia effect associated with the flow rate fluctuations. Compared with simplified one dimensional evaluation of the inertia component, the component obtained by LES is smaller. The negative slope of averaged performance curve becomes larger under unsteady conditions. From the conservations of angular momentum and energy, an expression useful for the evaluation of unsteady pressure rise was obtained. The examination of each term of this expression show that the apparent decrease of inertia effects is caused by the response delay of Euler's head and that the increase of negative slope is caused by the delay of inertial term associated with the delay of backflow response. These results are qualitatively confirmed by experiments.
- Yokota, K., Kurahara, K., Kataoka, D., Tsujimoto, Y., 1998, “A study of Swirling Backflow and a Vortex Structure in the Inlet of an Inducer, ” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, 64-622, pp. 51-58.
- Qiao, X., Horiguchi, H., Tsujimoto, Y., 2007, “Response of Backflow to Flow Rate Fluctuations, ASME, Vol. 139, pp. 350-358.
- Yamanishi, N., Fukao, S., Qiao, X., Kato. C., Tsujimoto. Y., 2007, “LES simulation of Backflow vortex Structure at the Inlet of Inducer, ASME,” Vol. 139, pp. 587-594.
- Acosta, A. J., 1958, “An Experimental Study of Cavitating Inducers,” Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics, pp. 533-557.
- Acosta, A, Tsujimoto, Y., Yoshida, Y., Azuma, S., 2001, “Effects of Leading Edge Sweep on the Cavitation Characteristics of Inducer Pumps,” International Journal of Rotating Machinery, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 397-404.
- Kamijo, K., Yoshida, M., Tsujimoto, Y.,1993, “Hydraulic and Mechanical Performance of LE-7 LOX Pump Inducer,” Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 9, No. 6.
- Kato, C., Kaiho, M., Manabe, A., 2003, “An Overset Finite-Element Large-Eddy Simulation Method with Applications to Turbomachinery and Aeroacoustics,” ASME, Journal of Applied mechanics, Vol. 70, pp. 32-43.
- Yamamoto, K.,1992, “Instability in a Cavitating Centrifugal Pump_3rd Report: Mechanism of Low Cycle System Oscillation, ” Journal of the Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers , 58-545, pp. 180-186.
- Yamamoto, K., Tsujimoto, Y., “A Backflow Vortex Cavitation and Its Effect on Cavitation Instabilities,” International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems, Vol. 2, No. 1, pp. 40-54.
- Ohashi, H., 1968, “Analytical and Experimental study of Dynamic Characteristics of Turbopumps,” NASA TN D-4298, pp. 1-109.
- Kawata, Y., Tanaka, T., Yasuda, O., Takeuchi, T., 1988, “Measurement of the transfer matrix of a prototype multi-stage centrifugal pump,” ImechE, C346/88.
- Lacoppozi, M., Lingnarlol, V., Prevel, D.,1993, “Pogo Characterization of Ariane V Turbopump Lox Pump with Hot Water,” AIAA-93-2134.
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "Choked Surge in a Cavitating Turbopump Inducer" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 1 (1): 64~75
- 2009 "Cause of Cavitation Instabilities in Three Dimensional Inducer" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 2 (3): 206~214
- 2009 "Inducer Design to Avoid Cavitation Instabilities" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 2 (4): 439~448
- 2010 "Suppression of Cavitation Instabilities in an Inducer by Circumferential Groove and Explanation of Higher Frequency Components" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 3 (2): 137~149
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.4.431
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.431?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기