Inducer Design to Avoid Cavitation Instabilities
Three inducers were designed to avoid cavitation instabilities. This was accomplished by avoiding the interaction of tip cavity with the leading edge of the next blade. The first one was designed with extremely larger leading edge sweep, the second and third ones were designed with smaller incidence angle by reducing the inlet blade angle or increasing the design flow rate, respectively. The inducer with larger design flow rate has larger outlet blade angle to obtain sufficient pressure rise. The inducer with larger sweep could suppress the cavitation instabilities in higher flow rates more than 95% of design flow coefficient, owing to weaker tip leakage vortex cavity with stronger disturbance by backflow vortices. The inducer with larger outlet blade angle could avoid the cavitation instabilities at higher flow rates, owing to the extension of the tip cavity along the suction surface of the blade. The inducer with smaller inlet blade angle could avoid the cavitation instabilities at higher flow rates, owing to the occurrence of the cavity first in the blade passage and its extension upstream. The cavity shape and suction performance were reasonably simulated by three dimensional CFD computations under the steady cavitating condition, except for the backflow vortex cavity. The difference in the growth of cavity for each inducer is explained from the difference of the pressure distribution on the suction side of the blades.
- Tsujimoto, Y., Horiguchi, H., Fujii, A., 2004, “Non-Standard Cavitation Instabilities in Inducers,” Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Transport Phenomenon and Dynamic of Rotating Machinery, ISROMAC10-2004-020, pp. 1-11.
- Acosta, A, Tsujimoto, Y., Yoshida, Y., Azuma, S., 2001, “Effects of Leading Edge Sweep on the Cavitation Characteristics of Inducer Pumps,” International Journal of Rotating Machinery, Vol. 7, No. 6, pp. 397-404.
- Kamijo, K., Yoshida, M., Tsujimoto, Y., 1993, “Hydraulic and Mechanical Performance of LE-7 LOX Pump Inducer,” Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 9,No. 6, pp. 819-826.
- Fujii, A., Mizuno, S., Horiguchi, H., Tsujimoto, Y., 2005, “ Suppression of Cavitation Instabilities by Jet Injection at Inducer Inlet,” Proceeding of the ASME 2005 Fluid Engineering Division Summer Meeting, FEDSM2005-77380, pp. 1477-1482.
- Shimiya, N., Fujii, A., Horiguchi, H., Uchiumi, M., Kurokawa, J., and Tsujimoto, Y., 2008, “Suppression of Cavitation Instabilities in an Inducer by J-Groove,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 130, No. 1, pp. 021302-1-021302-7.
- Kang, D., Cervone, A., Yonezawa, K., Horiguchi, H., Kawata, Y., Tsujimoto, Y., 2007, “Effect of Blade Geometry on Tip Leakage Vortex of Inducer,” Proceeding of the 9th Asian International Conference on Fluid Machinery, AICFM9-042, pp. 1-6.
- Watanabe, T., Kang, D., Cervone, A., Kawata, Y., and Tsujimoto, Y., 2008, “Choked Surge in a Cavitating Turbopump Inducer,” International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 64-75.
- Kang, D., Yonezawa, C., Horiguchi, H., Kawata, Y., and Tsujimoto, Y., 2009, “Cause of Cavitation Instabilities in Three-Dimensional Inducer,” International Journal of Fluid Machinery and Systems, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 206-214.
- Horiguchi,H.,Watanabe,S.,Tsujimoto,Y. and Aoki, M., 2000, “Theoretical Analysis of Alternate Blade Cavitation in Inducers,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 122, No. 1, pp. 156-163.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2010. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 3(2): 137~149
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "Choked Surge in a Cavitating Turbopump Inducer" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 1 (1): 64~75
- 2009 "Cause of Cavitation Instabilities in Three Dimensional Inducer" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 2 (3): 206~214
- 2009 "Large Eddy Simulation of the Dynamic Response of an Inducer to Flow Rate Fluctuations" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 2 (4): 431~438
- 2010 "Suppression of Cavitation Instabilities in an Inducer by Circumferential Groove and Explanation of Higher Frequency Components" International journal of fluid machinery and systems 3 (2): 137~149
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2009.2.4.439
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/2.439?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기