Automatic TFT-LCD Mura Inspection Based on Studentized Residuals in Regression Analysis
In recent days, large-sized flat-panel display (FPD) has been increasingly applied to computer monitors and TVs. Mura defects, appearing as low contrast or non-uniform brightness region, sometimes occur in manufacturing of the Thin-Film Transistor Liquid-Crystal Displays (TFT-LCD). Implementation of automatic Mura inspection methods is necessary for TFT-LCD production. Various existing Mura detection methods based on regression diagnostics, surface fitting and data transformation have been presented with good performance. This paper proposes an efficient Mura detection method that is based on a regression diagnostics using studentized residuals for automatic Mura inspection of FPD. The input image is estimated by a linear model and then the studentized residuals are calculated for filtering Mura regions. After image dilation, the proposed threshold is determined for detecting the non-uniform brightness region in TFT-LCD by means of monitoring the every pixel in the image. The experimental results obtained from several test images are used to illustrate the effectiveness and efficiency of the proposed method for Mura detection.
- Pratt, W. K., Sawkar S. S., and O'reilly, K. (1998), Automatic blemish detection in liquid crystal flat panel displays, IS&T/SPIE Symposium on electronic imaging: Science and Technology, 3306, San Jose, California
- VESA (2001), Flat Panel Display Measurements. Standard Ver. 2.0. June 1
- Wang, Z. Y. and Ma, L. (2006) Implementation of regionmura detection based on recursive polynomial-surface fitting algorithm. Proceedings of the 2nd Asia International Symposium on Mechatronics, Hong Kong, China, 1-6
- Montgomery, D. C. and Peck, E. A. (1992), Introduction to Linear Regression Analysis, 2nd edition, Wiley-Interscience
- Lu, C. J. and Tsai, D. M. (2008), Independent component analysis-based defect detection in patterned liquid crystal display surfaces, Image and Vision Computing, 26, 955-970
- Lu, C. J. and Tsai, D. M. (2005), Automatic Defect Inspection for LCDs Using Singular Value Decomposition. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 25, 53-61
- Gonzalez, R. C. and Woodes, R. E. (2002), Digital image Processing, 2nd edition, Prentice Hall
- Lee, J. Y. and Yoo, S. I. (2004), Automatic detection of region-mura defect in TFT-LCD, IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, E87-D(10), 2371-2378
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Lee, SeungMin ; Kim, Tae-Hun ; Park, Kil-Houm 2014. "Sequential Defect Detection According to Defect Possibility in TFT-LCD Panel Image" Journal of the Institute of Electronics and Information Engineers = 전자공학회논문지, 51(4): 123~130
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기