Efficient Operation Policy in a Closed-loop Tire Manufacturing System with EPR
This paper deals with a closed-loop remanufacturing system with one manufacturer and one remanufacturer. The manufacturer sells new products bearing the 'Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR).' It is assumed that the manufacturer's collection rate of used products depends only on the buy-back cost, while that of the remanufacturer depends on the minimum allowed quality level of used products in addition to the buy-back cost. Through the development of mathematical models with the objective function of maximizing profit, we study an efficient operation policy of each party. The decision variables are the unit selling price of new products and remanufactured products, the unit buy-back cost of the used products of the manufacturer and remanufacturer, and the minimum allowed quality level. The validity of the model is examined through numerical examples and sensitivity analysis.
- Benoit, J. P. and Krishna, V. (1985), Finitely Repeated Games, Econometrica, 53(4), 905-922
- Chang, H. C. (2004), An application of fuzzy sets to EOQ model with imperfect quality items, Computers and Operations Research, 31, 2079-2092
- Dobos, I. and Richter, K. (2000), The integer EOQ repair and waste disposal model-further analysis, Central European Journal of Operations Research, 8, 173-194
- Dobos, I. and Richter, K. (2004), An extended production/ recycling model with stationary demand and return rates, International Journal of Production Economics, 90(3), 311-323
- Glover, F. (1989), Tabu search-Part 1, ORSA Journal on Computing, 1(3), 190-206
- Glover, F. (1990a), Tabu search-Part 2, ORSA Journal on Computing, 2(1), 4-32
- Majumder, P. and Groenevelt, H. (2001), Competition in remanufacturing, Production and operations management, International Journal of the Production and Operations Management Society, 10, 125-141
- Schrady, D. A. (1967), A Deterministic Inventory model for repairable items, Naval Research Logistics Quarterly, 14(3), 391-398
- Teunter, R. H. (2001), Economic order quantities for recoverable item inventory system, Naval Research Logistics, 48(6), 484-495
- Zhang, M. and Bell, P. C. (2007) The effect of market segmentation with demand leakage between market segments on a firm's price and inventory decisions, European Journal of Operation Research, 182, 738-754
- Teunter, R. H. and Vlachos, D. (2002), On necessity of a disposal option for returned items that can be remanufactured, International Journal of Production Economics, 75, 257-266
- Jia, D., Cheng, H., Zhang, W., Hu, Z., Yan, J. and Chen, M. (2009), A new game theory-based solution methodology for generation maintenance strategy, European Transactions on Electrical Power, 19, 225-239
- Richter, K. and Dobos, I. (1999), Analysis of the EOQ repair and waste disposal model with integer setup numbers, International Journal of Production Eco nomics, 59(1-3), 463-467
- Glover, F. (1990b), Tabu search: A Tutorial, Interfaces, 20(4), 74-94
- Jang, J. W., Yoo, T. S., Oh, J. H. and Iwasaki, I. (1998), Discarded tire recycling practices in the United States, Japan and Korea, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 22, 1-14
- Nahmias, S. and Rivera, H. (1979), A deterministic model for a repairable item inventory system with a finite repair rate, International Journal of Production Research, 17(3), 215-221
- Salameh, M. K. and Jaber, M. Y. (2000), Economic production quantity model for items with imperfect quality, International Journal of Production Economics, 64, 59-64
- Dobos, I. and Richter, K. (2003), A production/ recycling model with stationary demand and return rates, Central European Journal of Operations Research, 11 (1), 35-46
- Hwang, H., Ko, Y. D., Yoon, S. H. and Ko, C. S. (2008), A closed-loop recycling system with minimum allowed quality level on returned products, International Journal of Operations and Services Management, accepted for publication in 2008
- Mabini, M. C., Pintelon, L. M. and Gelders, L. F. (1998), EOQ type formulation for controlling repairable inventories, International Journal of Production Economics, 54, 173-192
- OECD (1999), Extended Producer Responsibility: A Guidance Manual for Governments, Paris, France
- Sergio, R. and Albert, C. (2008), Optimal manufacturing remanufacturing policies in a lean production environment, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 55, 234-242
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기