Usability of Wireless Application Protocol Interface in the Philippines
The existence of Internet revolutionized the computer and communications world. With the rising demand for accessing the Internet, the mobile technology has incorporated the use of Internet in mobile phones. Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) has combined two of the widest utilized technology today: mobile phones and Internet. This study aims to assess the existing WAP pages offered by the top service providers in the Philippines through usability testing experiments. The paper also aims to identify existing problems in WAP interface by focusing on the errors committed by the users. From the usability study, it was found out that common usability problems are wrong selection of links, unclear grouping of categories, wrong feedback, and redundant links. The type of service provider used is significant in determining the performance of users while experience in accessing WAP is insignificant.
- iSixSigma LLC. (2005), Design of Experiments, Retrieved, September 20, 2005 from http://www. isixsigma. com/dictionary/Design_of_Experiments_-_DOE-41.htm
- Moss, T. (2005), Seven Screen Reader Usability Tips, Retrieved, November 05, 2005 from: http://www. sitepoint.com/article/screen-reader-usability-tips
- Nielsen, J. (1996), Usability Metrics: Tracking Interface Improvements, IEEE Software, 13(6), 12-14
- Shneiderman, B. (1998), Designing the User Interface, USA: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company
- Usability.gov. (2005), Methods for Designing Usable Web Sites, Retrieved, November 05, 2005 from: http://www.usability.gov/methods/collecting_writing.html#2
- Nokia. (2005), WAP Design Guidelines, Retrieved, February 27, 2005 from: http://www.nokia.com
- NetKontoret. (2002), HTML Backgrounds, Retrieved, November 05, 2005 from: http://www.echoecho.com/htmlbackgrounds.htm
- Akao, Y. (1990), Quality Function Deployment, Cambridge MA: Productivity Press
- Tognazzini, B. (2005), Interaction Design Solutions for the Real World, Retrieved, November 05, 2005 from:http://www.asktog.com
- Meyer, E. and Kathryn, S. (2005), Font Size Does Matter, Retrieved, November 05, 2005 from: http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/articles/webrev/199908a.html
- Schultz, B. (2001), The M-Commerce Fallacy, Network World, 18(9), 601-615
- Butters, L. and Dixon, R. (1998), Ergonomics In Consumer Product Evaluation: An Evolving Process, Applied Ergonomics, 29(1), 55-58
- Hill, A. (1997), Readabiliy of Websites with Various Foreground/Background Color Combinations, Font Types and Word Styles, Retrieved, November 5, 2005, from: http://www.hubel.sfasu.edu/research/AHNCUR.html
- Lavie, T. and Tractinsky, N. (2003), Assessing Dimensions of Perceived Visual Aesthetics of Web Sites, International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 60, 269-298
- Customer Input. (2005), Effects of Design on Mental Effort, Retrieved, November 05, 2005 from http://www.customerinput.com/download/files/
- Pearce, J. (2000), WAP for Developers, Retrieved, February 11, 2005 from: http://archive.devx.com/wireless/articles/WAP/WAP jp112000.asp
- Bernardino, M., Mendez, C., and Ponio, A. (2005), A Study on the Usability of WAP Interface in the Philippines, De La Salle University-Manila: Thesis
- Vodafone (2005), Top Ten Tips for WAP Developers, Retrieved, February 27, 2005 Retrieved February 20, 2005 from http://www.text.it
- Hung, S. et al. (2002), Critical Factors of WAP Services Adoption: An Empirical Study, Electronic Commerce Research and Applications, 2(2003), 42-60
- Kamba, T. et al. (1996), Using small screen space more efficiently, Conference proceedings of Human factors in computing systems, April 13-18, Vancouver, Canada, 383-390
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기