Decentralized Supply Chain Coordination with Revenue Sharing Mechanism: Transfer Pricing Heuristics and Revenue Share Rates
A revenue sharing contract is one of the mechanisms that coordinate decision makers in a decentralized supply chain toward the consensual goal. The transfer prices between different echelons in the supply chain influence the total supply chain profits. The study aims to explore various transfer pricing heuristics on the supply chain coordination in terms of the supply chain profits and their interactions with the revenue sharing rate. A model is proposed for formulating the collaborative production and distribution planning in a decentralized supply chain with the revenue sharing mechanism. Experiment results indicate that the transfer price and the revenue sharing rate affect significantly the coordination. Among the studied pricing heuristics, the variable-cost pricing method led to the best SC profits. Raising the revenue sharing rate reduced the SC profits no matter what heuristics were employed. Furthermore, the experiments provide us clues for finding the optimal transfer price for the supply chain.
- Lee, S. and Kumara, S. (2007), Decentralized supply chain coordination through action markets: dynamic lot-sizing in distribution network, International Journal of Production Research, 45, 4715-4733
- Giannoccaro, I. and Pontrandolfo, P. (2004), Supply chain coordination by revenue sharing contracts, International Journal of Production Economics, 89, 131-139
- Gerchak, Y. and Wang, Y. (2004), Revenue-sharing vs. wholesale-price contracts in assembly systems with random demand, Production and Operations Management, 13, 23-33
- Dana, J. and Spier, K. (2001), Revenue sharing and vertical control in the video rental industry, Journal of Industrial Economics, 54, 223-245
- Nachiappan, S. and Jawahar, N. (2007), A genetic algorithm for optimal operating parameters of vmi system in a two-echelon supply chain, European Journal of Operational Research, 182, 1433-1452
- Tompkins, M. (2006), Dahon, hayes join taiwain's ateam as sponsor members, Bicycle Retailer and Industry News, 15, 56-56
- Cachon, G. and Lariviere, M. (2005), Supply chain coordination with revenue sharing contracts: Strengths and limitations, Management Science, 51, 30-44
- Simchi-Levi, D., Kaminsky, P., and Simchi-Levi, E. (2008), Designing and Managing the supply chain: Concepts, strategies and case studies, McGraw-Hill Inc.
- Lee, H. and Whang, S. (1999), Decentralized multi-echelon supply chains: incentives and information, Management Science, 45, 633-640
- Tsay, A., Nahmias, S., and Agrawal, N. (1999), Modeling supply chain contracts: A review, In Tayur, S., Ganeshan, R., and Magazine, M. (Eds.), Quantitative Models for Supply Chain Management, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 10, 1339-1358
- Gupta, D. and Weerawat, W. (2006), Supplier-manufacturer coordination in capacited two-stage supply chains, European Journal of Operational Research, 175, 67-89
- Horngren, C. T. (1982), Cost accounting: a managerial emphasis, Prentice-Hall
- Erlebacher, S. (2000), Optimal and heuristic solutions for the multi-item newvendor problem with a single capacity constraint, Technology and Operations Management, 9, 303-318
- Chauhan, S. S. and Proth, J.-M. (2005), Analysis of a supply chain partnership with revenue sharing, International Journal of Production Economics, 97, 44-51
- Geng, Q. and Mallik, S. (2006), Inventory competition and allocation in a multi-channel distribution system, European Journal of Operational Research, 182, 704-729
- Mortimer, J. H. (2007), Vertical contracts in the video rental industry, Ph. D. thesis, Department of Economics, Harvard University
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- 2010. "" Industrial engineering & management systems : an international journal, 9(4): 294~302
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기