A Study on the Variation of the Fretting Wear Mechanisms under Elastically Deformable Contacts
In this study, fretting wear tests of nuclear fuel rods have been performed by using two kinds of spacer grid springs with a concave and a convex shape in room temperature dry and distilled water conditions. The objectives were to examine the variation of the wear mechanism with increasing fretting cycles and to evaluate the difference of the wear debris detachment behavior at each test environment. From the test results, the wear volume of each spring condition increased with increasing fretting cycles regardless of the test environments. However, the wear rate did not show a regular tendency and apparently changed with increasing fretting cycles. This is because the formation of the wear particle layer and/or the variation of the contact condition between the fuel rod and spring surfaces could affect a critical plastic deformation for detaching the wear debris. Based on the test results, the relationship between the wear behavior of each spring shape and test environment condition, and the variation of the surface characteristics are discussed in detail.
- Attia, M. H., On the Fretting Wear Mechanism of Zr-alloys, Tribology International, Vol. 39, pp. 1320-1326, 2006
- Lee, Y. -H., Kim, H. -K, Jung, Y. -H, Relationship between Srping Shapes and the Ratio of Wear Volume to the Worn Area in Nuclear Fuel Fretting, KSTLE International Journal, Vol. 4, pp. 31-36, 2003
- Jiang, J., Stott, F. H., The Effect of Partial Pressure of Oxygen on the Tribological Behavior of a Nical-Based alloy, N80A, at Elevated Temperature, Wear, Vol. 203-204, pp. 615-615, 1997
- Kim, H. -K, Kim, S. -J., Yoon, K. -H., Kang, H. -S., Song, K. -N., Fretting Wear of Laterally Supported Tube, Wear, Vol. 250, pp. 535-543, 2001
- Rice, D. A., Characteristics of Metallic Subsurface Zones in Sliding and Impact Wear, Wear, Vol. 74, pp. 131-142, 1981-82
- Lee, Y. -H., Kim, H. -K, Jung, Y. -H, Evaluation of Spring Shape Effect on the Nuclear Fuel Fretting using Worn Area, Proceedings of KSTLE Autumn Meetings, pp. 313-323, 2003
- Rigney, D. A., Divakar, R., Kuo, S. M., Deformation Substructures Associated with Very Large Plastic Strains, Scripta Metall. et Materials, Vol. 27, pp. 975-980, 1992
- Stott, F. H., The Role of Oxidation in the Wear of Alloys,Tribology International, Vol. 31, pp. 61-71, 1998
- Lee, Y. -H., Kim, H. -K, Effect of Impact Frequency on the Wear Behavior of Spring-Supported Tubes in Room and High Temperature Distilled Water, Wear, Vol. 259, pp. 329-336, 2005
- Lee, Y. -H., Kim, H. -K, Effect of Spring Shapes on the Variation of Loading Conditions and the Wear Behavior of the Nuclear Fuel Rod During Fretting Wear Tests, Wear, Vol. 263, pp. 451-457, 2007
저자의 다른 논문
- 1993 "경수로핵연료 수리기술의 현황과 개발방향" Journal of the Korean Nuclear Society = 원자력학회지 25 (2): 285~291
- 2000 "라운딩 펀치에 의한 프레팅 상태에서의 균열 해석" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A 24 (6): 1565~1574
- 2001 "표면 Profile 해석을 이용한 마멸량 계산 알고리즘 개발" 윤활학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Tribologists and Lubrication Engineers 17 (1): 33~39
- 2001 "The Influence of Contact Shape on the Slip Regime in Contact-induced Failure" KSTLE international journal 2 (2): 85~92
- 2001 "Nonlinear Dynamic Buckling Behavior of a Partial Spacer Grid Assembly" Journal of the Korean Nuclear Society = 원자력학회지 33 (1): 93~101
- 2001 "Shape Optimization of the H-shape Spacer Grid Spring Structure" Journal of the Korean Nuclear Society = 원자력학회지 33 (5): 547~555
- 2002 "Analysis of sliding/Impacting Wear in T7be to Convex Spring Contact and Relevant Contact Problem" KSTLE international journal 3 (1): 60~67
- 2002 "Wear Mechanism of Tube Fretting Affected by Support Shapes" KSTLE international journal 3 (1): 68~73
- 2003 "지지격자로 지지된 모의 연료봉의 진동특성" 大韓機械學會論文集. Transactions of the Korean Society of Mechanical Engineers. A. A 27 (3): 424~431
- 2003 "Relationship between Spring Shapes and the Ratio of wear Volume to the Worn Area in Nuclear Fuel Fretting" KSTLE international journal 4 (1): 31~36
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기