The Effect of TiN and CrN Coatings on the Fretting Wear of Tubes against Supports in a Nuclear Steam Generators
The nuclear steam generator is composed of a bundle of tubes. The length of these tubes is very long, but their diameter is small. Fluid exists inside of the steam generator and its flow causes vibration, therefore these tubes are supported by anti-vibration bars. The wear damage due to the vibration is known as fretting wear, which should be minimized to ensure the safety of the plants. Research needs to be done about decreasing the amount of fretting wear. Hard coatings have proven to be very effective in reducing the amount of wear. The commercial coatings of TiN and CrN have excellent wear resistance and are used to protect the Inconel tube from fretting wear. The tube-on-flat type tester was used for conducting the fretting wear tests. It was found that the wear amounts of the coated tubes decreased depending on the coating thickness. CrN was found to be very effective in reducing the wear, while the wear amounts were dependent on the coating thickness in the case of TiN and a thick coating of TiN was very effective on wear resistance.
- C.W. Cho, Y.Z. Lee, Wear 254, 383, 2003
- K. Holmberg, A. Matthews, Coatings Tribology, Elsevier,172, 1994
- S.H. Jeong, C.Y. Park, Y.Z. Lee, Key Engineering Materials 297-300, 1412, 2005
- O. Vingsbo, M. Soderberg, Wear 126, 131, 1998
- E.I. Meletis, A. Erdemir, G.R. Fenske, Surf. Coat. Technol.73, 39, 1995
- B. Bhushan, B.K. Gupta, Handbook of Tribology, McGraw-Hill, 9.1, 1991
- P.L. Ko, H. Basista, J. of Pressure Vessel Technology 106, 1984
- A. Erdemir, C. Bindal, J. Pagan, P. Wilbur, Surf. Coat.Technol. 76-77, 559, 1995
- C.E. Taylor, M.J. Pettigrew, J. of Pressure Vessel Technology 120, 283, 1998
저자의 다른 논문
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기