두경부의 점막연관 림프조직에서 발생한 림프절외 변연부 B세포 림프종의 임상 양상 및 치료 결과에 대한 고찰
Clinical Manifestation and Treatment Results of the Extranodal Marginal Zone B-Cell Lymphoma of Mucosa-Associated Lymphoid Tissue Arising in the Head and Neck Region
Objectives : Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue(MALT) lymphoma of the head and neck region is relatively rare, but it has variable clinical and biological characteristics. Although there were few studies on this topic, there is still controversy regarding the best treatment. The authors retrospectively investigated the clinical courses and treatment results in 10 patients presenting with MALT-lymphoma in head and neck region except ocular adnexa. Material and Methods : Ten patients with a histologically verified diagnosis of the extranodal marginal zone B cell lymphoma arising in thyroid glands(3), larynx(3), oral cavity(2), oropharynx(1), salivary glands(1) were analyzed. Results : Four patients were allocated to stage IE and another six patients to stage IIE according to the Ann Arbor staging system. Treatment consisted of local therapy(surgical resection and/or radiotherapy) in four patients and systemic chemotherapy with/without local therapy in six patients. Complete remission and partial remission were achieved in seven patients(70%) and two patients(20%), respectively. No recurrence or mortality was observed with a mean follow-up of 40.5 months. Conclusion : Patients with MALT-lymphomas of the head and neck region were potentially treated by local modality in localized disease state. However systemic chemotherapy was also effective even in localized disease state and was well tolerated by patients. And strict staging and close long-term monitoring were recommended considering its indolent progression.
- Jacobs C, Weiss L, Hoppe RT. The management of extranodal head and neck lymphomas. Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1986;112:654-658
- Roggero E, Zucca E, Pinotti G, Pascarella A, Capella C, Savio A, et al. Eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in primary lowgrade gastric lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue. Ann Intern Med. 1995;122:767-769
- Ferreri AJ, Ponzoni M, Guidoboni M, Resti AG, Politi LS, Cortelazzo S, et al. Bacteria-eradicating therapy with doxycycline in ocular adnexal MALT lymphoma: A multicenter prospective trial. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006;98:1375-1382
- Wenzel C, Fiebiger W, Dieckmann K, Formanek M, Chott A, Raderer M. Extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosaassociated lymphoid tissue of the head and neck area: High rate of disease recurrence following local therapy. Cancer. 2003;97:2236-2241
- Thieblemont C, Bastion Y, Berger F, Rieux C, Salles G, Dumontet C, et al. Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue gastrointestinal and nongastrointestinal lymphoa behavior: Analysis of 108 patients. J Clin Oncol. 1997;15:1624-1630
- Suh CW, Huh JR, Roh JL. Extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma of mucosa-associated lymphoid dissue arising in the extracranial head and neck region: A high rate of dissemination and disease recurrence. Oral Oncology. 2008;44:949-955
- Isaacson PG. Mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma. Semin Hematol. 1999;36:139-147
- Wozniak R, Beckwith L, Ratech H, Surks MI. Maltoma of the thyroid in a man with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1999;84:1206-1209
- Raderer M, Vorbeck F, Formanek M, Osterreicher C, Valencak J, Penz M, et al. Importance of extenive staging in patients with mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue(MALT)-type lymphoma. Br J Cancer. 2000;83:454-457
- Zinzani PL, Magagnoli M, Galieni P, Martelli M, Poletti V, Zaja F, et al. Nongastrointestinal low-grade mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma: Analysis of 75 patients. J Clin Oncol. 1999;17:1254-1258
- Song BK, Kim SY, Lee KW, Yun T, Na II, Shin H, et al. Efficacy of chemotherapy as a first-line treatment in ocular adnexal extranodal marginal zone B-cell lymphoma. Annals of oncology. 2008;19:242-246
- Pariente D, Anaya JM, Combe B, Jorgensen C, Emberger JM, Rossi JF, et al. Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma associated with primary Sjogren's syndrome. Eur J Med. 1992;1:337-342
- Fierstein JT, Thawley SE. Lymphoma of the head and neck. La-ryngoscope. 1978;88:583-593
- Bayerdorffer E, Neubauer A, Rudolph B, Thiede C, Lehn N, Eidt S, et al. Regression of primary gastric lymphoma of mucosaassociated lymphoid tissue type after cure of Helicobacter pylori infection. MALT Lymphoma Study Group. Lancet. 1995;345:1591-1594
- Bhattacharyya N, Frankenthaler RA, Gomolin HI, Kadin ME, Lauretano AM. Clinical and pathologic characterization of mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma of the head and neck. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 1998;107:801-806
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기