비기능성 부갑상선 낭종 1예
Non Functioning Parathyroid Cyst : A Case Report
Parathyroid cyst are rare lesion of the neck and superior mediastinum. They are classified as either functional or nonfunctional based on the presence or absence of hyperparathyroidism. They typically present as a palpable neck mass, or as an incidental finding during neck surgery. So, it must be included within the differential diagnosis of a neck lump. A 48-year old woman was admitted to our hospital for evaluation of left anterior neck mass. Physical finding showed soft, movable, non-tender mass on the lower left third of the neck. Laboratory findings revealed normal thyroid function and normal serum calcium level. On previous history, patient underwent two times sono-guided fine needle aspiration at local clinic, and about 10cc clear watery aspirate was noted. Computerized tomography findings showed non-enhancing hypodense cystic lesion on left thyroid area with tracheal deviation to right side. Preoperative diagnosis was thyroid cyst, and thyroidectomy was planed. Intra-operative finding showed huge cystic mass occupying the left thyroid area and smooth, shiny, semitransparent thin cyst wall was noted, which was loosely attached to the thyroid. The cyst was easily dissected free from the thyroid and surrounding tissues. After cyst removal, pathological study confirmed as a parathyroid cyst.
- Sandstrom I. Om en Kortel hosmenniskan och atskilliga doggdjus. Upsala Llakarfor Forhandl. 1880;14:441
- Daniel H. Coelho, Howard P. Boey. Benign parathyroid cyst causing vocal cord paralysis : A case report and review of the literature. Head & Neck. 2006;28(6):564-6
- Gilmour JR. The normal histology of the parathyroid glands. J Pathol Bacteriol. 1939;48:187
- Sanchez A, Carretto H. Treatment of a nonfunctioning parathyroid cyst with tetracycline injection. Head & Neck. 1993;15(3):263-265
- Pirundini P, Zarif A, Wihbey JG. A rare manifestation of parathyroid carcinoma presenting as a cystic neck mass. Conn Med. 1998;62(4):195-197
- Troster M, Hak-Fai Chiu HF, McLarty TD. Parathyroid cysts: report of a case with ultrastructural observations. Surgery. 1978;83(2):238-242
- Giuseppe Ippolito. A single-institution 25-year review of true parathyroid cysts. Arch Surg. 2006;391:13-18
- Ramos-Gabatin A, Young RL, Schenk D. Parathyroid cyst: medical diagnosis and therapy. South Med J. 1982;75:1138-1140
- Delaunay T, Peillon C, Manouvrier JL, Deotto JF, Doucet J, Nicaise JM, et al. Cysts of the parathyroid glands. Apropos of 6 cases. Ann Chir. 1990;44(3):231-235
- Silverman JF, Khazanie PG, Norris HT, Fore WW. Parathyroid hormone(PTH) assay of parathyroid cysts examined by fine-needle aspiration biopsy. Am J Clin Pathol. 1986;86(6):776-780
- Sen P, Flower N, Papesch M, Davis A, Spedding AV. A benign parathyroid cyst presenting with hoarse voice. J Laryngol Otol. 2000;114(2):147-148
- Okamura K, Ikenoue H, Sato K, Yoshinari M, Nakagawa M, Kuroda T, et al. Sclerotherapy for benign parathyroid cysts. Am J Surg.1992;163(3):344-345
- Clark OH. Parathyroid cysts. Am J Surg. 1978;135(3):395-402
- Shields TW, Immerman SC. Mediastinal parathyroid cysts revisited. Ann Thorac Surg. 1999;67(2):581-590
- Crile G Jr, Perryman RG. Parathyroid cysts. Surgery. 1953;34:151
저자의 다른 논문
- 2006 "후두질환에 따른 자음의 음성발현시간의 특성" 大韓音聲言語醫學會誌 = The journal of the Korean Society of Logopedics and Phoniatrics 17 (2): 98~102
- 2007 "편도적출술이 구강 및 비강 음향스팩트럼에 미치는 영향" 大韓音聲言語醫學會誌 = The journal of the Korean Society of Logopedics and Phoniatrics 18 (1): 33~38
- 2007 "비회귀성 후두 신경; 수술 전 경부 CT를 통한 신경 손상의 예방" 大韓音聲言語醫學會誌 = The journal of the Korean Society of Logopedics and Phoniatrics 18 (1): 67~70
- NDSL :
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기