배양조류의 염소소독에 의한 클로로포름 생성특성 연구
Formation of Chloroform from Algal Cell Cultures by Chlorination
Unusual bloom of toxic cyanobacteria in water bodies have drawn attention of environmentalists world over. Major bloom of Anabaena, Microcystis in water storage reservoir, rivers and lake leading to adverse health effects have been reported from Australia, England and many part of the world. These cyanobacterial cells can release intercellular matter like toxin in water and these intercellular matter can increase the concentration of organic matter. Cellysis can occur when algal cells meet the disinfectants like chlorine in water treatment plant and the resultant rising up of DOC(Dissolved Organic Carbon) or TOC(Total Organic Carbon) can increase the formation of disinfection by products. Disinfectants that kill microorganisms react with the organic or inorganic matter in raw water. In general disinfectants oxidize the matter in raw water and the resultant products can be harmful to human. There are always conflict about which is more important, disinfection or minimizing disinfection by products. The best treatment process for raw water is the process of the lowest disinfection by products and also the the lowest microorganism. In this study the cultured cells, Microcytis Aeruginosa(MA), Anabaena Flos-aquae(AF), Anabaena Cylindrica(AC), and the cells obtained in Daechung Dam(DC) whose dominant species was Anabaena Cylindrica were subjected to chlorination. Chlorination oxidizes inorganic and organic compounds and destruct live cells in raw water. Chloroform was analyzed for the cultured cells which were treated with $20mg/\ell$ dose of chlorine. In general chloroform is easily formed when dissolved organic matter react with chlorine. The cultured cells contributes the concentration of dissolved organic carbon and also that of total organic carbon which might be potent precusors of chloroform formed. The correlations of the concentration of chloroform, DOC and TOC were investigate in this study.
- Takaara, T., Sano, D., Konno, H., Omura, T., 2007. Cellular proteins of Microcystis aeruginosa inhibiting coagulation with polyaluminum chloride. Water Research 41 (8), 1653-1658
- Hureiki, L., Croue, J.P., Legube, B., 1994. Chlorination studies of free and combined amino-acids. Water Research, 28 (12), 2521-2531
- Wardlaw, V.E., Perry, R., Graham, N.J.D., 1991. The role of algae as trihalomethane precursors - a review. Journal of Water Supply Research and Technology-Aqua, 40 (6), 335-345
- Graham, N.J.D., Wardlaw, V.E., Perry, R., Jiang, J.Q., 1998. The significance of algae as trihalomethane precursors. Water Science and Technology, 37 (2), 39-83
- Plummer, J.D., Edzwald, J.K.. 2001. Effect of ozone on algae as precursors for trihalomethane and haloacetic acid production. Environmental Science & Technology, 35 (18), 3661-3668
- Westerhoff, P., Mash, H., 2002. Dissolved organic nitrogen in drinking water supplies: a review. Journal of Water Supply Research and Technology-Aqua, 51 (8), 415-448
- Nguyen, M.L., Westerhoff, P., Baker, L., Hu, Q., Esparza-Soto, M., Sommerfeld, M., 2005. Characteristics and reactivity of algae produced dissolved organic carbon. Journal of Environmental Engineering-Asce, 131 (11), 1574-1582
- Plummer, J.D., Edzwald, J.K., 2002. Effects of chlorine and ozone on algal cell properties and removal of algae by coagulation. Journal of Water Supply Research and Technology-Aqua 51 (6), 307-318
- Henderson, R.K., Baker, A., Parsons, S.A., Jefferson, B., 2008. Characterization of algogenic organic matter extracted from cyanobacteria, green algae and diatoms. Water Research 42 (13), 3435-3445
- Scully, F.E., Howell, G.D., Kravitz, R., Jewell, J.T., Hahn, V., Speed, M., 1988. Proteins in natural-waters and their relation to the formation of chlorinated organics during water disinfection. Environmental Science & Technology, 22 (5), 537-542
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "망간모래여과를 이용한 강변여과수의 망간제거" 水質保全 = Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality 20 (5): 409~414
- 2006 "담수 퇴적물의 분석법간 비교 분석" 대한환경공학회지 = Journal of Korean Society of Environmental Engineers 28 (11): 1207~1212
- 2006 "이온크로마토그래프를 이용한 수중의 퍼클로레이트 농축 및 분석" 大韓衛生學會誌 = The Korean journal of sanitation 21 (4): 29~38
- 2007 "지하수와 지표수에서의 라돈 및 우라늄의 실태 조사" 水質保全 = Journal of Korean Society on Water Quality 23 (2): 201~205
- 2007 "횡성호 식물플랑크톤에 대한 간헐식 폭기의 영향과 선택취수" 환경영향평가 = Journal of environmental impact assessment 16 (1): 15~26
- 2007 "알쏭달쏭 쉽게 풀어보는 수돗물 이야기" 한국상하수도협회지 = Journal of Korea water and wastewater works association 19 (): 52~53
- 2008 "배양조류 및 댐 저수지 조체중 신경독소 Anatoxin-a, Saxitoxin류의 분석 및 수처리방안" 환경위생공학 = Journal of environmental and Sanitary engineering 23 (4): 37~44
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기