미국이민 한국인 1세대의 생존 태도 유형 - Q 방법론적 접근 -
Types of Survival Attitudes among First-Generation Korean Immigrants in the United States: Q-Methodological Approach
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to examine the subjective opinions of first-generation Korean-Americans about survival. Methods: The Q-methodology which provides a method of analyzing the subjectivity of each item was used. The 34 selected Q-statements from each of 38 subjects were classified into a shape of normal distribution using a 9 point scale. The collected data was analyzed using a QUANL/WIN program. Results: Four types of survival attitudes from 38 first-generation Korean-Americans were identified. Type I was a satisfaction type based on belief, Type II was an effort type based on purpose, Type III was an isolation type based on ethnicity, and Type IV was a compromise type based on adaptation. Results of this study indicate that approaches to a minority's survival strategies need to be differentiated taking this typology and various subject characteristics into account. Conclusion: This information may provide a basic understanding for healthcare providers who work with first-generation Korean-Americans.
- Barry, D. T. (2005). Measuring acculturation among male Arab immigrants in the United States: An exploratory study. Journal of Immigrant Health, 7(3), 179-184.
- Berry, J. W. (2003). Conceptual approaches to acculturation: In: Chun K, Balls-Organista P, Narin G, ed. Acculturation: advances in theory, measurement and applied research. Washington, DC: APA Press.
- Bhattacharya, G. (2008). Acculturating Indian immigrant men in New York city: Applying the social capital construct to understand their experiences and health. Journal of Immigrant Minority Health, 10, 91-101.
- Cadge, W., & Ecklund, E. H. (2007). Immigration and religion. Annual Review of Sociology, 33, 359-379.
- Cho, G. H. (2007). The confucian origin of the East Asian collectivism. Journal of Korean Psychology, 21, 21-54.
- Cho, M. O. (2008). Aging and temporality of aged in a clan. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20(2), 280-295.
- Folkman, S., Lazarus, R. S., Gruen, R. J., & DeLongis, A. (1986). Appraisal, coping, health status, and psychological symptoms. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology 50, 571-579.
- Hahn, D. W. (2006). Correlates of subjective well-being in Korean culture. Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, 12, 45-79.
- Hovey, J. D. (2000). Acculturative stress, depression, and suicidal ideation among central American immigrants. Suicide and Life-Threatening Behavior, 30(2), 125-139.
- Jang, Y. R., Chiriboga, D. A., & Kim, G. Y. (2006). Acculturation and manifestation of depressive symptoms among Korean American older adults. Korean Journal of Research in Gerontology, 15, 51-73.
- Kao, G., & Tirienda, M. (1998). Educational aspirations of minority youth. American Journal of Education, 3, 349-384.
- Kim, E. J., & Wolpin, S. (2008). The Korean American family: Adolescents versus parents acculturation to American culture. Journal of Cultural Diversity, 15(3), 108-116.
- Kim, H. G. (1992). Understanding of Q-methodology for the study of subjectivity. The Seoul Journal of Nursing, 6, 1-10.
- Kim, S. J., Lee, S. H., Kim, S. Y., Kim, A. L., Park, H. T., & Lee, Y. J. (2008). Migrant workers' quality of life related to health. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20(5), 791-803.
- Koo, J. S., & Kim, U. C. (2006). Happiness and subjective well-being among Korean students and adults: Indigenous psychological analysis. Korean Journal of Psychological and Social Issues, 12, 77-100.
- Lee, S. R. (2008). The nature of social personality. Seoul: Davinchihouse.
- Lee, Y. H., Choi, B. A., & Chi, Y. S. (2004). Guidelines for happiness: Lessons from the cases the "happy family story contest". Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 23, 41-51.
- Leininger, M. M. (1988). Leininger's theory of nursing: Cultural care diversity and universality. Nursing Science Quarterly, 1(4), 152-160.
- Nate (2009-a, October). Nate Korean dictionary. Retrieved October 21, 2009, from the Nate Web site: http//alldic.nate.com/search/krdic.html
- Nate (2009-b, October). Nate English English dictionary. Retrieved October 22, 2009, from the Nate Web site: http//search.nate.com / search / eedic.html
- Oh, Y. J., Koeske, G. F., & Sales, E. (2002). Acculturation, stress, and depressive symptoms among Korean immigrants in the United States. The Journal of Social Psychology, 142, 511-526.
- Oman, D., & Reed, D. (1998). Religion and mortality among the community-dwelling elderly. American Journal of Public Health, 88(10), 1469-1475.
- Park, S. Y., & Bernstein, K. S. (2008). Depression and Korean American immigrants. Archives of Psychiatric Nursing, 22, 12-19.
- Porter, J. R., & Washington, R. E. (1993). Minority identity and self-esteem. Annual Review of Sociology, 19, 139-161.
- Raijman, R., & Tienda, M. (2003). Ethnic foundations of economic transactions: Mexican and Korean immigrant entrepreneurs in Chicago. Ethnic and Racial Studies, 26, 783-801.
- Sanders, J. M. (2002). Ethnic boundaries and identity in plural societies. Annual Review of Sociology, 28, 327-357.
- Shin, H. S., Han, H. R., & Kim, M. T. (2007). Predictors of psychological well-being amongst Korean immigrants to the United States: A structured interview survey. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 44, 415-426.
- Smedley, B. D., Stith, A. Y., & Nelson, A. R. (2003). Unequal treatment: Confronting racial and ethnic disparities in healthcare. Washongton, DC: National Academies Press.
- Stephenson, W. (1982). Q-Methodology, interbehavioral psychology and quantum theory. The Psychological Record, 3, 238-248.
- Yoon, I. J. (2003). The Korean diaspora: Migration, adaptation, and identity of overseas Koreans. Korean Sociology, 37, 101-142.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Jo, Kae-Hwa ; Sohn, Ki-Cheul 2011. "A Phenomenological Study on the Restoration Experience of Korean Elders in America toward Suicide Ideation" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 23(1): 72~86
- So, Aeyoung ; De Gagne, Jennie C. ; Oh, Jina 2015. "Factors on Healthcare Utilization by Asian Immigrants in the United States" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing, 29(1): 53~66
저자의 다른 논문
- 2000 "간호학생의 문제중심학습에 관한 인식유형 : Q-방법론 적용" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 6 (2): 359~375
- 2001 "Nurse Presence 도구개발" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 31 (3): 369~379
- 2001 "말기환자를 간호하는 간호사의 고통 경험" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 31 (6): 1055~1066
- 2001 "간호학생의 전공교육 입문경험에 관한 연구" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 7 (2): 360~368
- 2001 "고통(suffering)과 영적접근" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 7 (2): 121~130
- 2001 "문제중심학습(Problem Based Learning; PBL) 패키지 개발 - 지각·조정장애상황을 중심으로 -" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 13 (3): 385~396
- 2001 "말기 암환자를 간호하는 간호사의 고통 인식에 관한 태도 : Q-방법론 적용" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 8 (1): 35~50
- 2002 "말기 암 환자를 간호하는 간호사의 고통경험 척도개발" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 32 (2): 243~253
- 2004 "유방암 환자의 성격특성, 희망 및 삶의 질의 관련성" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 10 (1): 115~124
- 2004 "말기 암 환자를 간호하는 간호사의 고통경험 정도에 영향을 미치는 특성요인" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 16 (3): 378~387
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기