저소득층 중년여성의 치매 지식, 태도, 자기효능과 예방행위와의 관계연구
Relationships between Dementia Knowledge, Attitude, Self-Efficacy, and Preventive Behavior among Low Income Middle-Aged Women
Purpose: This correlational study was to examine the relationships between dementia knowledge, attitude, self-efficacy and preventive behavior of low income middled-aged women. Methods: The subjects for this study were 125 low income middle aged women living in I city. The data were collected using the questionnaires for dementia knowledge, attitude, self-efficacy and preventive behavior. The data analysis was done by descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson product moment correlation and stepwise multiple regression analysis. Results: The mean of dementia knowledge was 13.96 out of 20, attitude was 43.98 out of 60, self-efficacy was 54.07 out of 75 and preventive behavior was 25.98 out of 36. The positive correlations were revealed between dementia knowledge (r=.458, p=.000), attitude (r=.498, p=.000), self-efficacy (r=.573, p=.000) and preventive behavior. The influencing factors for dementia preventive behavior were self-efficacy, belief in Buddhism and attitude which accounted for 42.5% of the total variance. Conclusion: Dementia knowledge, attitude and self-efficacy were identified as variables that correlate dementia preventive behavior. Also, self-efficacy is the most influential factor affecting dementia preventive behavior. On the basis of these results, it is necessary for nurses to consider using dementia knowledge and mode of efficacy expectation in order to improve dementia preventive behavior.
- Ajzen, I., & Fishbein, M. (1977). Attitude-behavior relations: A theoretical analysis and review of empirical research. Psychological Bulletin, 84(5), 888-918.
- Balla, S., Simoncini, M., Giacometti, I., Magnano, A., Leotta, D., & Pernigotti, L. M. (2007). The daily center care on impact of family burden. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 44 Suppl(1), 55-59.
- Bandura, A. (1977). Self-efficacy toward a unifying theory of behavioral change. Psychological Review, 84, 191-215.
- Bandura, A. (1982). Self-efficacy mechanism in human agency. American Psychologist, 37, 122-147.
- Bandura, A. (1998). Health promotion from the perspective of social cognitive theory. Psychology and Health, 13, 623-649.
- Burgener, S., & Twigg, P. (2002). Relationships among caregiver factors and quality of life in care recipients with irreversible dementia. Alzheimer Disease and Associated Disorders, 16(2), 88-102.
- Cho, H. O. (1999). A study on public's knowledge and attitude towards dementia. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral sciences (2nd ed). New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Coulson, I., Marino, R., & Minichiello, V. (2001). Older people's knowledge and practice about life style behaviors that may prevent vascular dementia. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 33(3), 273-285.
- Gitlin, L., Winter, L., Dennis, M. P., & Hauck, W. W. (2007). A non-pharmacological intervention to manage behavioral and psychological symptoms of dementia and reduce caregiver distress: Design and methods of project ACT. Clinical Interventions in Aging, 2(4), 695-703.
- Gortner, S. R., & Jenkins, L. S. (1990). Self-efficacy and activity level following cardiac surgery. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 15, 1132-1138.
- Hwang, S. Y., & Jang, K. S. (1999). A study on the levels of dementia-related knowledge, atitude, and practice among nursing assistants caring for institutionalized elders with dementia. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 11(3), 378-388.
- Im, M. Y., & Ha, N. S. (2002). A study on health service utilization and it's determinants in the low income family in Korea. Journal of Korean Community Nursing, 13(2), 272- 279.
- Jang, S. H. (2006). A study on the effects of the dementia prevention program. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chosun University, Gwangju.
- Kim, H. K., & Choi, E. S. (2005). Effects of recreational therapy on dementia behavior, affection and activity of daily living of senile people with dementia. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 17(1), 44-55.
- Kim, J. A., Ko, J. K., & Moon, S. N. (2006). Dementia knowledge and related factors in middle-aged adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 18(2), 293-303.
- Kim, H. K., Lee, S. O., & Park, Y. S. (1999). A study on the relationship between self-efficacy, family functioning and health promotion behavior of middle-aged women in Korea. Kongju National Culture College Research, 26, 277-294.
- Kim, H. G., Na, B. J., Bang, K. S., Song, M. S., Park, Y. H., Seo, E. Y., Lee, I. S., Jang, J. W., Han, K. J., Ahn, C. S., Jun, Y. W., & Song, H. B. (2007). Textbook of 2007 customized visiting health care. Seoul: Korea Health Industry Development Institution.
- Korean Language Dictionary (2006). http://krdic.daum.net
- Lee, I. J. (2001). A research on the understanding of dementia by the aged. Unpublished master's thesis, Hallym University, Chuncheon.
- Lee, H. J., Kim, K. R., & Seo, J. M. (2003). Effects of telephone counseling on burnout, depression, life satisfaction and perceived health in care givers of older adults with dementia. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 15(3), 452-462.
- Lee, Y. W. (2007) Annual Report for Namgu Dementia Caring Center. Incheon.
- Ministry of Government Legislation (2009). The criteria of poverty borderline. http://www.moleg.go.kr
- Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs (2008). Nationwide study on the prevalence of dementia in Korean Elders. http://stat.mv.go.kr
- Oh, M. J. (2002). A study on the understanding of dementia in Korean society. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, Seoul.
- Park, B. Y. (2008). Factors influencing the health promotion behaviors among middle-aged women. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Park, H. S., Suh, S, R., & Kim, S. H. (2007). Relationships among knowledge, attitude, and use of negative control maintenance techniques toward older adults among nurses working in geriatric hospitals. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 19(4), 614-623.
- Park, Y. J. (2001). Poverty and independence. Seoul: Hakji Co.
- Robinson, K. M. (2003). Effect of respite care training in the knowledge, attitude and self-esteem of volunteer providers. American Journal of Alzheimer's Disease and Other Dementias, 18(6), 375-382.
- Song, Y. H. (2002). The study on the understanding and attitude of dementia: for the middle-aged. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk University, Seoul.
- Yonhapnews (2009). http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/health/2009/09/15
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Cha, Kyeong-Sook ; Yoo, Yang-Sook ; Cho, Ok-Hee 2014. "Knowledge of hepatitis A, Health Perception and Health Promoting Behavior among young and middle-age adults" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing, 28(2): 298~309
- Kim, Koung-Me ; Yang, Young-Ok 2016. "The Dementia Knowledge, Attitude and Preventive Behavior of the Elderly Lived in the Urban-Rural Complex City" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(1): 485~492
저자의 다른 논문
- 1995 "고혈압환자의 자가간호증진을 위한 Slides / Tape 프로그램 개발 및 효과" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 25 (4): 696~705
- 1996 "Case Management" 대한간호 = The Korean nurse 35 (3): 39~44
- 1997 "대학생의 성지식과 성교육 요구에 관한 연구-인천시 일개 대학을 중심으로-" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 27 (1): 26~35
- 1998 "기본간호학 실습교육현황과 실습내용 개선을 위한 조사 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 28 (3): 650~661
- 1999 "임상실무에서 필요로 하는 생리학 내용에 대한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 29 (3): 711~720
- 2000 "유방자가검진 교육을 위한 조사 연구" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 12 (4): 717~726
- 2001 "장년기 여성의 유방자가검진 수행에 대한 예측변수" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 13 (4): 551~559
- 2002 "관상동맥질환자의 건강행위이행에 영향을 미치는 요인 : 건강신념 변수를 중심으로" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 32 (1): 40~49
- 2002 "중년남성의 삶의 질에 대한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 32 (4): 539~549
- 2002 "운항승무원의 직업스트레스, 건강신념 및 건강행위" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 14 (4): 581~590
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기