다문화 가정 시어머니가 경험하는 스트레스에 관한 연구
Stress of Mothers-in-Law from Multi-Cultural Families
Purpose: This study examined relationships among stress, stress coping strategies, and somatization in mothers-in-law from multi-cultural families in a rural area. Methods: Elderly mothers-in-law (n=227) living with foreign daughters-in-law completed a self-reporting questionnaire. Data were collected from April to August 2009. Questions related to stress (Visual Analog Scale, VAS), coping strategies (Coping Strategy Scale) for stress, and somatization (Symptom Check List 90, Revised). SPSS/WIN 12.0 program was used for descriptive analysis, t-test, one-way ANOVA, Pearson correlation, and multiple regression analyses. Results: Subjects had a moderate level of stress (5.03). There were significant differences in stress level according to age, educational level, religion, chronic disease, health status, number of children, agreement of an international marriage of her sons, satisfaction in living with a foreign daughter-in-law, and family conflict. Stress showed a significant positive correlation with offensive coping strategy, passive strategy, and somatization. Stress, offensive coping strategy, and passive coping strategy affected the level of somatization. Conclusion: In a family situation involving co-habitation of mother- and foreign daughter-in-law, increased stress experienced by the mother-in-law can lead to increased offensive and passive coping strategies, and increased somatization. More effective means of stress reduction are needed for mothers-in-law from multi-cultural families.
- Ahn, J. H. (2006, November). A path analysis of the risk factors of somatization among Korean-American elderly. Paper presented at the meeting of the Korean Academy of Social Welfare, Seoul.
- Baek, H. J. (2007). A study on depression and somatic symptoms in the community-dwelling elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Baek, K. S., & Kwon, Y. S. (2005). Stress coping by the relationship among perceived stress, the ways of coping and psychological well-being in the elderly. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 28, 379-402.
- Chin, H. J. (2009). A study on the utility of sociodrama for helping multi-cultural housewife's adoption in Korea. Korean Journal of Psychodrama, 12(1), 11-22.
- Choi, M. K., & Kim, B. H. (2004). Health behaviors and stress coping behaviors in middle aged adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 16(4), 668-676.
- Chung, K. S. (1999). Stress and psychological well-being of foreign workers in Korea. Korean Journal of Industrial and Organization Psychology, 12(2), 61-78.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for the behavioral science(2nd ed.). New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Derogatis, L. R. (1977). SCL-90R(Revised) Manual I. Clinical psychometrics research unit. Baltimore: University School of Medicine.
- Eun, Y., Song, M. S., & Gu, M. O. (2008). Barriers to health behaviors in male and female elderly people in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy Nursing, 38(2), 332-343.
- Goldseon, R. M., & Glanze, W. D. (1986). Longman dictionary of psychology and psychiatry. New York: Longman Inc.
- Jo, H. M. (2008). The phenomena and problems of the supporting activities to the multicultural families in Goryeong-gun. Journal of Korean Association of Regional Geographers, 14(4), 347-366.
- Kang, S. P. (2007). Culture and health: Health management of multicultural families. Journal of Academic Society Parent-Child Health, 10(2), 182-197.
- Kang, K. J., & Chung, C. S. (2009). Adjustment factors for family life of multi cultural family couples. Korean Family Resource Management Association, 13(2), 153-167.
- Kim, H. J. (2007, September 6). Health education for international marriage migrant women. The Korean Nurses Association News, p2.
- Kim, G. I., Kim, J. H., & Won, H. T. (1985). Korean manual of symptom Checklist-90-Revision. Seoul: ChungAng aptitude publishing Co.
- Kim, J. Y., & Lee, J. M. (2008). The relationship of life-stress and depression between the poor elderly women and ordinary elderly women -Focus on control effect of self-esteem and social support-. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 39, 339-420.
- Kim, S. H., & Choi, Y. H. (2007). The influences of perceived stresses on suicidal ideation in older adults. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 20(2), 200-208.
- Korea National Statistical Office (2008, July). Life of females by Statistics. Retrieved September 22, 2009, from http://kostat.go.kr/board_notice/BoardAction.do?method=view &board_id=78&seq=550&num=550&parent_num=0
- Kwon, Y. R. (2007). The influence of caregiving on the stress, stress management and self-esteem of old females. Unpublished master's thesis, Dongduk Women's University, Seoul.
- Lazarus, R. S., & Folkman, S. (1984). Stress appraisal coping. New York: Springer Publishing.
- Lee, W. H. (2007). The relationship between ways of coping with stress, physical symptoms, and life-stressors in women religious. Unpublished master's thesis, Sogang University, Seoul.
- Mo, S. H., & Lee, J. Y. (2002). A study on the stress and the coping behavior of the elderly. Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 22(1), 65-80.
- Moon, K. S. (2002). Correlational study between stress and physical symptoms of middle school students. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Park, M. J. (2007). Buffering effects of strengths and social support between stress and depression of the elderly women. The Korean Journal of Woman Psychology, 12(2), 197-211.
- Selye, H. (1956). The stress of life. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Shin, K. R., & Kim, J. S. (2003). A study on the relationship between stress and depression in elderly women. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 5(1), 29-37.
- Shin, K. R., Kim, J. S., & Kim, J. Y. (2005). A comparison on self-rated health, health status, and health promotion behaviors between low income and non-low income elderly women. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 17(5), 732-742.
- Song, M. K., Shin, H. J., & Lee, E. K. (2008). Development of group counseling program for parents of multicultural families. Seoul: Korea Youth Counseling Institution.
- Son, M. O. (2004). Influence of teachers' self-efficacy and stress coping on the anxiety and psychosomatic symptom. Unpublished master's thesis, Chungnam National University, Daejon.
- Suh, S. R., & Hong, H. S. (2001). Stress, immune cells, physical health status and depression of elderly. The Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, 3(1), 11-28.
- Yang, K. M. (2003). A study of the elder abuse in domestic setting, the coping strategies, and the abuse results. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Yang, O. N. (1995). A study on stress of the aged and their supporters and coping strategies -Focused on the low-income families-. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Yang, S. M., & Oh, Y. J. (2005). Effect of related-variables on stress of the rural elderly. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 30, 123-140.
- Youn, H. H., & Kim, M. C. (1994). The stress, coping behavior and well-being of older adults. Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 14(1), 17-32.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Park, Mikyung ; Sung, Kiwol 2015. "Nutritional Risk, Stress, and Health related Quality of Life among Older Women with a Foreign Daughter-in-Law" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing, 29(2): 312~324
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "방문간호 대상 노인의 인지기능, 우울 및 생활만족도 평가" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 38 (1): 1~10
- 2008 "농촌지역 중학생의 섭식장애와 부모-자녀 의사소통과의 관계" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 38 (1): 55~63
- 2008 "수술실 간호사의 병원감염관리 실천정도에 영향을 미치는 요인" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 20 (3): 375~385
- 2008 "자기효능증진 자조관리 프로그램이 뇌졸중 환자의 자기효능과 일상생활동작 수행능력에 미치는 효과" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 20 (4): 526~536
- 2008 "일 중소병원 입원노인환자의 수면양상에 영향을 미치는 요인" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 20 (4): 573~587
- 2009 "청·중년기 지체장애인의 가족기능과 자아존중감" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 21 (2): 225~234
- 2009 "임상시험 연구간호사의 업무 실태와 직무만족에 관한 연구" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 15 (3): 336~345
- 2009 "자가 발반사요법이 폐경 전 중년여성의 스트레스와 피로 및 혈액순환에 미치는 효과" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 39 (5): 662~672
- 2010 "요양병원 간호사와 간호조무사의 직무만족과 자존감 및 간호업무성과에 관한 연구" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 16 (4): 446~454
- 2010 "생리식염수를 이용한 냉동거즈와 얼음 제공이 복강경 담낭절제술 환자의 갈증 및 구강상태에 미치는 효과-Pilot study" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 40 (5): 714~723
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기