요양시설 노인의 피부건강상태 및 피부수분 관련 요인에 관한 연구
A Study on Skin Health Status and Related Factors of Skin Hydration in Institutionalized Elderly
Purpose: This study was performed to identify skin health status and the factors influencing skin hydration in the institutionalized elderly. Methods: The subjects were 139 elders living in 2 nursing homes in Seoul. Data for skin health status were collected by measurement of skin hydration, sebum, trans-epidermal water loss and pH using Corneometer, Sebumeter, Tewameter and Skin pH-meter on face, flank, arm and leg. Baseline data were collected by a structured questionnaire. The data were analyzed by SPSS/WIN 12.0 program. Results: Skin hydration and pH were relatively low especially on arms and legs but sebum and TEWL were not low, relatively. There were significant differences in skin health status according to gender, smoking, alcohol intake, and bath cleanser. There was significant positive correlation between skin-hydration and bath-time, TEWL and bath-frequency. Smoking, bath-cleanser, bath-time. pH and gender were identified as the significant influencing factors of skin hydration. Conclusion: Smoking, bath-time and pH need to be considered as important control factors for increasing skin health status in the institutionalized elderly.
- Bates-Jensen, B. M., Alessi, C. A., Al-Samurrai, N. R., & Schnelle, J. F. (2003). The effects of an exercise and incontinence intervention on skin health outcomes in nursing home residents. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 51(3), 348-355.
- Beauregard, S., & Gilchrest, B. (1987). A Survey of skin problems and skin care regimens in the elderly. Archives of Dermatology, 123, 1638-1643.
- Brosche, T., & Platt, D. (2000). Effect of borage oil consumption on fatty acid metabolism, trans epidermal water loss and skin parameters in elderly people. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 30, 139-150.
- Cho, K. Y., Chung, Y., Cho, H. Y., Chae, S. N., Rhu, H. H., Son, A. R., & Jang, M. H. (2001). The Science of Skin. Seoul: Sungwha Publishing.
- Choi, J. S., & Kwak, H. S. (1997). A survey of skin types on the linking and skin care methods in woman. Journal of Korean Beauty Society, 3(1), 241-258.
- Engelke, M., Jensen, J. M., Ekanayake, M. S., & Proksch, E. (1997). Effects of xerosis and ageing on epidermal proliferation and differentiation. British Journal of Dermatology, 137, 219-225.
Faul, F., Erdfelder, E., Buchner, A., & Lang, A. G. (2009). Statistical power analyses using G
$\ast$Power 3.1: Tests for correlation and regression analyses. Behavior Research Methods, 41, 1149-1160.
- Frantz, R. A., & Kinney, C. K. (1985). Variables associated with dryness in the elderly. Nursing Research, 35(2), 98-100.
- Graham-Brown, R. (1996). Soaps and Detergents in the Elderly. Clinics in Dermatology, 14, 85-87.
- Jeon, M. Y., & Kim, H. S. (2008). A study of hygiene and skin pruritus in rural elderly people. Journal of Korean Fundamentals of Nursing, 15(3), 342-349.
- Jin, K., Hagaki, Y., Tagagi, Y., Higuchi, K., Yada, Y., Kawashima, M., & Imokawa, G. (1994). Analysis of betaglucocerebrosidase and ceramidase activities in atropic and aged dry skin. Acta Dermato-Venereologica, 74(5), 337-340.
- Jowett, S., & Ryan, Y. (1985). Skin disease and handicap: An analysis of the impact lf skin conditions. Social Science Medicines, 20, 425-429.
- Kim, O. S., Kim, S. S., Kim, K. O., Kim, Y. A., Kim, H. S., Park, J. S., & Choi, W. J. (2005). The needs about paying nursing homes for elderly parents. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 7(1), 20-27.
- Kuzmina, N., Hagstromer, L., & Emtestam, L. (2002). Urea and sodium chloride in moisturisers for elderly: A copmatrative, double-blind, randomised study. Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, 15(3), 166-174.
- Lee, K. S., Park, M. R., & Jang, J. H. (2001). Effects of dietary habits and body composition on skin type 1. Journal of Korean Beauty Society, 7(1), 193-201.
- Lee, S. H., Choi, K., & Na, Y. S. (2004). Effect of drinking and smoking on skin health and make-up. Journal of the Korean Society of Living Environmental System, 13(2), 263-269.
- Lee, S. H., Chung, J., Ahn, S. K., Kang, J. S., & Kwon, O. K. (1994). Comparative measurement of skin surface hydration using a hydrometer and corneometer. The Korean Journal of Dermatology, 32(4), 599-603.
- Lee, S. H., Park, T. H, Lee, Y. J., & Park, S. H. (1995). Measurement and comparison of hydration and lipid levels between patients with acne vulgaris and patients with atopic dermatitis. The Korean Journal of Dermatology, 33(3), 459-466.
- Oh, P. J. (1998). Comparison of effects between tepid sponge bath and vinegar sponge bath in reducing uremic pruritus among maintenance hemodialysis patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Park, B. D., Kim, Y. H., & Lee, S. H. (2001). Dry Skin and Its Care. The Journal of Skin Barrier Research, 3, 47-54.
- Park, S. B., Kim, S. D., Youn, C. S., Suh, D. H., Eun, H. C., Youn, J. I., & Shin, C. S. (1999). Evaluation of skin surface hydration in diabetic patients using a hydrometer and corneometer. The Korean Journal of Dermatology, 37(3), 311-319.
- Park, W. S. (1994). Healthy bathing therapy. Seoul: Bitssem.
- Shelley, W. B., & Shelley, E. D. (1982). The the major problems of aging skin. Geriatrics, 37, 107-113.
- Shin, K. H., & Rhee, S. J. (2003). A study on the nursing needs of users and their service status at short-stay centers for the elderly. Journal of Korean Community Health Nursing Academic Society, 10(2), 354-377.
- Son, J. T., & Suh, S. R. (2007). Comparison on motivation for health behavior, health behaviors practices, and activities of daily living between institutionalized and non-institutionalized elderly women. Journal of Korean Academic Adult Nursing, 19(3), 379-388.
- Suo, B. W. (2006). Instrumental evaluation of skin surface analysing system. The Journal of Skin Barrier Research, 9(1), 68-75.
- Yoo, J. S., & Kim, K. S. (1998). The effects of moisturizing and oiling bath for the inpatients with dry skin. The Seoul Journal of Nursing, 12(2), 220-225.
- Yoo, J. S., Oh, P. J., & Kim, K. S. (1999). Comparison of skin dryness between chronically ill patients and normal persons. The Seoul Journal of Nursing, 13(2), 174-192.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Kim, Nam-Jo ; Hong, Hae Sook 2015. "The Correlation Analysis of Fluid Intake, Skin Hydration and Skin pH of College Students" Journal of Korean biological nursing science, 17(2): 132~139
저자의 다른 논문
- 2007 "편입과정을 거쳐 입사한 신규간호사의 적응경험" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 14 (3): 361~370
- 2008 "비만아동을 위한 율동적 춤 운동을 포함한 비만관리프로그램의 효과" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 15 (4): 475~484
- 2008 "방문간호 대상 노인의 인지기능, 우울 및 생활만족도 평가" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 38 (1): 1~10
- 2010 "기동장애 노인의 신체 부위별 피부수분 상태와 피부표면 산성도" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 17 (3): 314~323
- 2011 "기본간호실습 교육 현황 및 실습교육 필요도" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 18 (4): 506~519
- 2012 "대학생의 수면양상과 주간졸음증에 영향을 미치는 요인" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 19 (4): 425~433
- 2012 "최근 3년간 기본간호학회지 게재 논문 분석" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 19 (3): 383~391
- 2013 "간호대학생의 생활스트레스, 우울이 자살생각에 미치는 영향" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 20 (4): 419~428
- 2014 "졸업학년 간호학생의 핵심기본간호술 학습경험과 수행자신감 조사연구: 실습교과를 중심으로" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 21 (2): 162~173
- 2014 "기본간호학회지에 출판된 비무작위 실험연구의 방법론적 질 평가" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 21 (3): 311~318
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기