간호학생의 체중조절 경험에 관한 현상학적 연구
Phenomenological Research on the Experience of Weight Control Among Nursing Students
Purpose: This study was conducted to discover the essence and the structure of the experiences of weight control by nursing students. Methods: Participants were 12 nursing students who had tried losing weight at C university in Busan, Korea. The data were collected from June 17 to August 6, 2006. For the purpose of this study, focus group discussions and in depth interviews were employed. Results: The collected data were analyzed by using Giorgi's method. As the results of the analysis, the following four components of experience were derived: My appearance looked abnorml; Measures for self-realization; Pursuit of my own way only; Feelings of accomplishment and self confidence. Conclusion: It is necessary to develop an effective weight control program with minimized side effects that are harmful to health, based on the components of the nursing students' experiences in weight control that were identified in this study.
- Choi, Y. J. (2005). A study of women's body dissatisfaction due to exposure to mass media-focusing on body dissatisfaction, diet and the approval with plastic surgery due to the exposure to TV and magazines. Unpublished master's thesis, Sookmyung Women'S University, Seoul.
- Dowd, M. (2005). What's a modern girl to do? New York Times, 10, 30.
- Giorgi, A. (1997). The theory, practice, and evaluation of the phenomenology method as a qualitative research. Journal of Phenomenological Psychology, 28(2), 235-261.
- Giorgi, A. (2004). Advanced workshop on the descriptive phenomenological method. In Korean qualitative research center (ed.), Symposium of Nursing College of Ewha Womans University: Qualitative research methodology. Seoul: Korean qualitative research center.
- Hwang, Y. Y. (2004). A study on obese female college student's weight control experience. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 10(4), 291-300.
- Jung, Y. K., & Tae, Y. S. (2004). Factors affecting body weight control behavior of female college students. Journal of Korean Academy Adult Nursing, 16(4), 545-555.
- Kim, K. H., Chung, B. Y., & Byun, H. S. (2007). The effects of weight control program on body composition, blood pressure, serum lipid and self-regulation behavior in obese college women. Journal of Korean Academy Adult Nursing, 19(3), 339-352.
- Kim, M. H. (2008). A study on ego-identity, interpersonal relations ability, and adjustment in nursing students. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 17(1), 55-64.
- Kim, K., & Cha, Y. (2006). Sociocultural meaning of makeup and beauty of Korean women's self-concept. The Korean Journal of Women Psychiatric, 11(1), 107-123.
- Kim, S. J., Kim, H. S., Lee, K. S., & Lee, S. O. (2000). Research method - focus group. Seoul: Hyunmoonsa.
- Kim, Y. S., & Kong, S. S. (2004). A study on weight-control behaviors, eating disorder symptoms and depression among female adolescents. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 13(3), 304-314.
- Lee, I. S. (2004). Sociocultural context of diet focused on college women's look-discriminatory experience and the body images of mass media. Korean Journal for Sociology of Culture, 38(2), 164-187.
- Lee, J. S., Kim, B. H., Jeong, H. C., & Lee, S. E. (2001). A grounded approach to dietary experiences in college women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 7(4), 317-330.
- Lunner, K., Werthem, E. H., Thampson, J. K., Paxton, S. J., McDonald, F., & Halvaarson, K. S. (2000). A cross-cultural examination of weight-related teasing, body image, and eating disturbance in Swedish and Australian samples. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 28, 430-435.
- Matusek, J. A., Wendt, S. J., & Weiman, C. V. (2004). Dissonance thin ideal and healthy behavior eating disorder prevention programs: Results from a controlled trial. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 36, 376-388.
- Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (2009). The report of medical examination for student (element, middle, and high school). Seoul.
- Ministry of Health, Welfare & Family Affairs (2006). The third Korean National health and nutrition examination survey (KNAHANES)-Health examination. Kwachun.
- Morgan, D. (1997). Focus group as qualitative research. Thousand oak, Califonia: Sage publication.
- Morgan, D. L., & Krueger, R. A. (2004). Focus group (K. R. Shin, Y. J. Chang, Y. K. Kim, K. J. Lee, M. M. Choi, H. Y. Kim, O. H. Kim, & Y. H. Kim, Trans.) Seoul: Hyunmoonsa.
- Neumark-Sztainer, D., Falkner, N. Story, M., Perry, C., Hannan, P. J., & Mulet, S. (2002). Weight-teasing among adolescents: Correlation with weight status and disordered eating behaviors. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders, 26, 123-131.
- Park, J. W., Park, H. M., & Ha, N. S. (2004). A study on the obesity and weight control methods of college students. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 13(1), 5-13.
- Rudd, N. A., & Lenon, S. J. (2000). Body image and appearance-management behaviors in college women. Clothing and Textiles Research Journal, 18(3), 152-162.
- Seo, Y. M., & Suh, S. L. (2007). The effect of a weight control program with competence. Journal of Korean Academy Adult Nursing, 37(7), 1177-1183.
- Seo, Y. J. (2007). A survey on body-type recognition and weight adjustment according to BMI of university student. Journal of Korean Society for the Study Physical Education, 12(1), 169-174.
- Seymont, M., Hoett S. I., & Huang, Y. L. (1997). Inappropriate dieting behaviors and related lifestyle factor in young adults are college students different? Journal of Nutritional Education, 29(1), 21-26.
- Thorpe, K., & Loo, R. (2003). The values profile of nursing undergraduate students: Implications for education and professional development. Journal of Nursing Education, 42(2), 83-90.
- Wardle, J., Hassen, A. M., & Steptoe, A. (2006). Body image and weight control in young adults: International comparisons in university students form 22 countries. International Journal of Obesity, 30, 644-651.
- Yoon, Y. J. (2000). A study on the discourses of Korean women's "diet" shown up in newspapers and women's magazines. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
저자의 다른 논문
- 1999 "베타딘을 사용한 외요도구 간호가 유치도뇨관 삽입환자의 요로감염에 미치는 영향" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 29 (3): 614~624
- 2001 "문제중심학습(Problem Based Learning; PBL) 패키지 개발 - 지각·조정장애상황을 중심으로 -" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 13 (3): 385~396
- 2004 "말기 암 환자를 간호하는 간호사의 고통경험 정도에 영향을 미치는 특성요인" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 16 (3): 378~387
- 2004 "생리식염액을 이용한 구강간호가 중환자실 환자의 구강상태에 미치는 효과" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 16 (3): 452~459
- 2004 "복강경 수술 후의 반좌위가 수술직후 회복정도에 미치는 영향" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 16 (4): 566~574
- 2005 "발반사 마사지가 여성노인의 수면과 피로에 미치는 효과" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 17 (3): 493~502
- 2005 "간호학생이 예술작품을 통해 본 죽음의 의미 분석" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 17 (4): 602~611
- 2005 "간호학생이 꼴라쥬(Collage) 작품으로 구성한 죽음의 의미" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 17 (5): 844~854
- 2005 "이개혈(耳介穴)의 백개자(白芥子) 자극요법이 니코틴 의존도에 미치는 효과" 산업간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing 14 (2): 129~137
- 2005 "임종간호 교과구성의 요구에 대한 주관성 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 12 (1): 46~57
- NDSL :
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기