향요법 손마사지가 시설 여성노인의 불안, 수면 및 우울에 미치는 효과
The Effects of Aromatherapy and Hand Massage on Anxiety, Sleep, and Depression in the Female Aged at Residential Facilities
Purpose: This study adopted the non-equivalent control group pre-posttest design in order to examine the effects of aromatherapy and hand massage on anxiety, sleep, and depression in the female aged at residential facilities. Methods: This study was executed with the female aged at two residential facilities divided into an experimental group (n=35) and a control group (n=37). Data were collected by checking changes in the anxiety, sleep, and depression of the subjects who had received aromatherapy and hand massage ten times for two weeks. The data were analyzed using Chi-square test and ANCOVA (Analysis of Covariance). Results: The condition of anxiety and depression of the experimental group who had received aromatherapy and hand massage was significantly lower than that of the control group. Also, the condition of sleep of experimental group was significantly higher than that of the control group. Conclusion: The aromatherapy and hand massage program had a positive effect on institutionalized elders' anxiety, sleep, and depression pattern.
- Buckle, J. (2003). Massage and aromatherapy massage, nursing art and science. Journal of Palliative Nursing, 8(6), 276-280.
- Cerrato, P. (1998). Aromatherapy: Is it for real? RN, 61(6), 51-52.
- Choi, I. R. (2004). Effects of aromatherapy massage on pain, physical function, sleep disturbance and depression in elderly women with osteoarthritis. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chonnam National University, Gwangju.
- Cohen, J. (1988). Statistical power analysis for behavioral sciences. New York: Academic Press.
- Gi, B. S. (1996). A preliminary study for the standardization of geriatric depression scale short form-Korea version. Journal of The Korean Neuropsychiatric Association, 35(2), 298-307.
- Jang, H. J. (2000). The psychological effect of hand and arm massage on middle-aged women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 30(6), 1389-1399.
- Jo, K. S. (1997). The effect of hand massage program on anxiety and immune function in cataract surgery under local anesthesia. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul.
- Johnson, J., Waldo, M., & Johnson. R. G. (1993). Stress and perceived health status in the rural elderly. Journal of Gerontological Nurs, 19(9), 24-29.
- Kang, H. J., & Kim, B. H. (1999). A study on the death orientation of hospice care members. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 11(4), 809-819.
- Kim, H. S. (2008). Effects of aromatherapy and hand massage on anxiety of the institutionalized elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang university, Seoul.
- Kim, J. M. (1998). The effect of hand massage on the anxiety of the hysterectomy patients in immediately prio to surgery. Unpublished master's thesis, Kosin University, Busan.
- Kim, K. D. (1999). A study on sleep patterns, sleep disturbing factors and quality of sleep in the institutionalized elderly. Welfare Research for the Elderly, 10(1), 247-270.
- Kim, S. R. (2000). The Effect of Hand Massage on the anxiety, nausea and vomitting in cancer patients with chemotherapy. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonbuk Nation University, Jeonju.
- Korea National Statistical Office (2007). http://www.nso.go.kr
- Korean Nurses Association (2001). Aromatherapist process. Korean Nurses Association, Seoul.
- Lee, J. H. (1996). Development of the Korean form of Zung's self-rating anxiety scale . The Yeungnam University Medical Journal, 13(2), 279-294.
- Lee, J. R. (2005). Effects of aromatherapy and foot reflex massage on stress, depression, and sleep pattern of the institutionalized elderly. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Lee, J. Y. (2003). The effects of hand massage on anxiety and depression in the female elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, The catholic University of Korea, Seoul.
- Lee, K. E. (2002). A Grounded theory approach to the adjustment process of the institutionalized elderly. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 32(5), 624-632.
- Lee, S. Y. (2008). The effect of aromatherapy hand massage on cognitive function, sleep disturbance and problematic behaviors of elderly with dementia. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 14(2), 115-126.
- Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family Affairs (2008). http://www.mw.go.kr.
- Oh, J. J., Song, M. S., & Kim, S. M. (1998). Development and validation of Korean sleep scale A. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 28(3), 563-572.
- Park, B. T., Lee, J. B., Jung, S. D., & Lee, J. H. (1990). A study of depression observed among the elderly residing in home for the aged in Korea. The Yeungnam University Medical Journal, 7(2), 70-87.
- Park, H. S. (2008). Effects of an aroma hand massage on memory, anxiety, and depress level in the old-aged women. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, The Catholic University Of Korea, Seoul.
- Snyder-Halpern, R., & Verran, J. A. (1987). Instrumentation to describe subjective sleep characteristics in healthy subjects. Research in Nursing and Health, 10, 155-163.
- Snyder, M. (1992). Independent nursing intervention (2nd rev ed.). New York: Delmar.
- Snyder, M., Eagan, E., & Burns, K. R. (1995). Testing the efficacy of selected interventions to decrease agitation behaviors in persons with dementia Geriatric Nursing, 16(2), 60-63.
- Song, Y. H. (2004). The effect of foot reflexo-massage on the sleep, depression and physiological index of elderly. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Chungnam National University, Daejeon.
- Worwood, V. A. (1991). The complete book of essential oils & aromatherapy. San Rafael, CA: New World Library.
- Zung, W. W. K. (1971). A rating instrument for anxiety disorders. Psychosomatics, 12, 371-379.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Choi, Eun Young ; Lee, Eun Hee ; Hyun, Hye Jin ; Byeon, Mi Kyeong 2015. "An Integrative Review of Depression Related to Intervention Studies for Women in Korea Journals" KJWHN : Korean journal of women health nursing, 21(4): 284~296
- Kim, Hye-Jeong ; Lee, Kang-Yi 2016. "Effects of Hand Massage on Depression, Self-esteem and Vitality of the Elderly Patients in Convalescent Hospital" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 22(2): 202~209
- Lee, Hye-Kyung 2016. "The Effects of Aromatherapy on Elders' Chronic Pain, Sleep" 디지털융복합연구 = Journal of digital convergence, 14(7): 385~395
- Kim, Joo Hyun ; Hyun, Hye Jin ; Kang, So Yean ; Nam, Hye Ri ; Shin, Mi Jin ; Lee, Hyun Jung ; Chae, Young Ran 2016. "Effects of Hand Massage with Nail Art on Depression, Self-esteem, and Vital signs of Elderly Women living in a Nursing Home" Journal of Korean biological nursing science, 18(3): 169~175
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "일부 대학생들의 성에 대한 지식 및 성교육 요구" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 9 (4): 489~498
- 2010 "DNR에 대한 대학생들의 인식 및 태도(간호대학생과 비 보건계열대학생 비교를 중심으로)" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society 11 (12): 4907~4921
- 2011 "심폐소생술 실습 교육이 간호대학생의 심폐소생술 수행능력과 자기효능감에 미치는 효과" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society 12 (12): 5759~5765
- 2012 "보완대체요법에 대한 대학생들 간의 인식 및 태도 비교 -간호대학생과 비 간호계열대학생을 대상으로-" 보건의료산업학회지 = The Korean journal of health service management 6 (4): 267~277
- 2014 "남녀고등학생의 성폭력 인식에 관한 연구" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society 15 (2): 970~978
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기