죽음준비교육 프로그램이 성인의 죽음 불안, 영적 안녕 및 삶의 의미에 미치는 효과
The Effects of a Death Preparing Education Program on Death Anxiety, Spiritual Well-being, and Meaning of Life in Adults
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to analysis the effect of death preparing education on death anxiety, spiritual well-being and meaning of life in adults. Methods: This study adapted the one group pre-posttest design. Data collection and intervention were performed from January 19 to 25, 2009. The participants were 30 adults (aged 20 or older) from Jeonju City. The death preparing education program consisted of five steps. Data were analyzed through paired t-test with SPSS/WIN 12.0 program. Results: There were significant differences in death anxiety, spiritual well-being and meaning of life between before and after the death preparing education program. Conclusion: The death preparing education program for adults was confirmed to be an effective intervention to lower death anxiety and to improve spiritual well-being and the meaning of life. Therefore, I look forward to broad application of this program to adults.
- Amenta, M. M. (1984). Death anxiety, purpose in life and duration of service in hospice volunteer. Psychological Reports, 54(3), 975-984.
- An, C. O. (2001). Study on the necessity of death education. Unpublished master's thesis, Myong Ji University, Seoul.
- Bonnie, E. L. (1989). Immediate, residual, and long-term effects of a death education instructional unit on the death anxiety level of nursing students. Death Studies, 13(2), 137-159.
- Choi, S. S. (1990). A correlational study on spiritual well-being, hope and perceived health status of urban adults. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Coleman, W. T. (1983). The effect of an instructional module on death and dying on the death anxiety of emergency medical technician trainees. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN, USA.
- Crombaugh, J. C. (1968). Cross validation of purpose in-life test based on Frankl's concepts. Journal of Individual Psychology, 24, 71-81.
- Fischer, M. (1995). The effect of a multimethod death education curricular on death anxiety and attitudes toward aging. Unpublished master dissertation, University of Arcansas. Kansas.
- Fish, S., & Shelly, J. A. (1983). Spiritual care: The nurse's role. Illinois: I. V. P.
- Frommelt, M., & Katherine, H. (1991). The effects of death of education on nurse' attitudes toward caring for terminally ill persons and their families. The American Journal of Hospice & Palliative Care, 8(5), 37-43.
- Frankl, V. E. (1963). Man's search for meaning. New York: Washington Square Press.
- Jang, S. H. (2009). A study on the adult education for death preparation. Unpublished master's thesis, Hanyang University, Seoul.
- Jo, H. J. (2004). Effect of the death education program on the death anxiety and attitudes toward nursing care of the dying patients of nursing student. Unpublished master's thesis, Gyeong Sang University, Jinju.
- Kang, E. S. (2003). Relationship of the purpose in life, spiritual well-being self-concept, self-esteem of adolescence. Journal of Korean Academy Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 12(3), 245-259.
- Kang, J. H. (1996). An investigate study on spiritual well-being of cancer patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Pusan National University, Busan.
- Kim, E. H. (2007). The effect of death education program on college students life satisfaction and attitude toward death. Unpublished master's thesis. Kyungpook National University, Daegu.
- Kim, H. H. (2006). Meaning in life and death anxiety in the elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Catholic University of Pusan, Busan.
- Kim, J. H. (2007). Relationship between spiritual well-being and attitudes toward death in volunteers for hospice care. Unpublished master's thesis, Kosin University, Busan.
- Kim, K. O. (1990). A study on the level of meaning of life and spiritual distress of patients with diabetes mellitus. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Kim, M. H. (2008). Death anxiety and attitude on death of hospice volunteers. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Kim, M. S. (2007). Comparison on the perception about hospice and the meaning of life of participants and non-participants of the hospice volunteer education program. Unpublished master's thesis, Chonnam National University. Gwangju.
- Kim, S. N., Choi, S. O., Lee, J. J., & Shin, K. I. (2005). Effects od death education program on attitude to death and meaning in life among university students. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, 22(2), 141-153.
- Ko, S. D., Kim, E. J., & Kim, Y. K. (1999). A study on the preparative education on the Elderly's attitude for death. Journal of Korean Society for Health Education and Promotion, 16(2), 81-92.
- Kubler-Ross, E. (1969). On death and dying. New York: Macmillan Company.
- Kwon, Y. S., & Kim, C. N. (2003). A correlation study on spiritual well-being and death anxiety of the elderly. Journal of Korean Academy of Community Health Nursing, 14(1), 132-143.
- Miles, E. (1980). The effect of death education on death and grief on nurse' attitudes toward dying patients and death, Death Education, 4(3), 245-260.
- Nam, E. Y. (1998). Effectiveness of death education on the reduction of children's death anxiety. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul Women's University, Seoul.
- Paloutzian, R. F., & Ellison, C. W. (1982). Loneliness, spiritual well-being, & the quality of life. In L. A. Peplau, D. & Perman, L.A. (Eds.). Loneliness: A source-book of current theory research & therapy. New York: John Wiley & Sons Inc.
- Park, E. K. (1995). Development of an instrument for the measurement of concern. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Warren, W. G. (1989). Death education and research: Critical perspectives. New York: The Haworth Press.
- Yoon, M. O. (2005). Development and effect of spiritual nursing program for the terminal cancer patients. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Keimyung University, Daegu.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (8)
- Kang, Kyung-Ah 2010. "Comparison of Meaning in Life and Death Attitude between Participants and Non-participants in Well-dying Education" 종양간호학회지 = Journal of Korean oncology nursing, 10(2): 156~162
- Kang, Kyung-Ah 2011. "Development and Effects of Death Preparation Education for Middle-aged Adults" 한국호스피스·완화의료학회지 = Korean journal of hospice and palliative care, 14(4): 204~211
- Lee, Eun-Ju 2014. "Subjectivity toward Death among HIV-Positive Men" 한국호스피스·완화의료학회지 = Korean journal of hospice and palliative care, 17(3): 142~150
- Jo, Myoung-Ju ; Jun, Won-Hee 2015. "Effects of End-of-Life Care Education using Self-reflection Diary on Spirituality, Death Orientation, and Attitudes toward Nursing Care of the Dying Patients in Nursing Students" 한국콘텐츠학회논문지 = The Journal of the Korea Contents Association, 15(12): 294~303
- 2015. "" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 45(1): 139~146
- Moon, Hyunjung ; Cha, Sunkyung ; Jung, Sungwon 2015. "Effects of a Well-dying Program on Nursing Students" 한국호스피스·완화의료학회지 = Korean journal of hospice and palliative care, 18(3): 188~195
- Kim, Gyung Duck 2016. "The Effects of Hospice Unit Practice Education on Spiritual Well-being, Attitude to Death, and Hospice Awareness of Nursing Students" Asian Oncology Nursing, 16(4): 176~184
- Kim, Bock-Ryun ; Oh, Chung-uk ; Kang, Hye-kyung 2016. "Effect of Death Education Program on Self-Esteem, Spiritual Well-Being, and Pain of Adults" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(9): 156~162
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기