하부요로증상이 우울 및 요실금 관련 삶의 질에 미치는 영향
The Effects of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms on Depression and Quality of Life among Women in Urban Areas
Purpose: This study was performed to investigate the effects of lower urinary tract symptoms on depression and quality of life among women in urban areas. Methods: The participants in this study were 306 women in P city. Data were collected using a questionnaire from May 1 to June 6, 2008. Lower urinary tract symptoms (LUTS) were measured with BFLUTS-SF and categorized into voiding, filling and incontinence. The data were analyzed through t-test, one-way ANOVA, Fisher exact test, and multiple regression. Results: Age, filling and incontinence, and all of the subcategories of LUTS explained 16% of variance in depression. Older women, LUTS with incontinence, filling and incontinence, and all the problems including filling, voiding and incontinence lowered the quality of life. Conclusion: In order to develop nursing interventions for women with urinary tract symptoms, comprehensive understanding of LUTS is needed.
- Abrams, P. (1997). Lower urinary tract symptoms in women: Who to investigate and how. British Journal of Urology, 80, (Suppl 1), 43-48.
- Brooks, S. T., Donovan, J. L., Wringt, M., Jackson, S., Abrams, P. (2004). A scored form of the Bristol female lower urinary tract symptoms questionnaire: Data from a randomized controlled trial of surgery for women with stress incontinence. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gyencology, 191, 73-82.
- Chaikin, D. C., & Blaivas, J. G. (2001). Voiding dysfunction: Definitions. Current Opinion in Urology, 11(4), 395-398.
- Coyne, K. S., Wein, A. J., Tubaro, A., Sexton, C. C., Thompson, C. L., Kopp, Z. S., et al. (2009). The burden of lower urinary tract symptoms: Evaluating the effect of LUTS on health-related quality of life, anxiety and depression: EpiLUTS. British Journal of Urology International, 103(Suppl 3), 4-11.
- Ferrans, C. E., & Powes, M. J. (1992). Psychometric assessment of the quality of life index. Research in Nursing & Health, 14, 179-186.
- Heidrich, S. M., & Wells, T. J. (2004). Effects of urinary incontinence: Psychological well-being and distress in older community-dwelling women. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 30(5), 47-54.
- Jackson, S., Donovan, J., Brookes, S., Eckford, S., Swithinbank, L., & Abrams, D. (1996). The bristol female lower urinary tract symptoms questionnaire: Development and psychometric testing. British Journal of Urology, 77, 805-812.
- Kim, K. H. (2002). A study on correlation between urinary incontinence & lower urinary tract symptom and daily life of middleaged & elderly women in urban city, Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Kim, U. H., Kim, J. M., Kim, Y. H., Jeon, Y. S., Kim, M. E., Lee, N. K., et al. (2003). The prevalence of overactive bladder syndrome and urinary incontinence in young and middle aged women. J Korean Continence Society, 7(1), 9-14.
- Kim, H. J. (2004). Study on the relationship between self-esteem, depression and quality of life in urinary incontinence women. Unpublished master's thesis, Chosun University.
- Kim, K. H., Park, H. J., Jin, L. H., Kang, Y., & Shin, K. L. (2007). The correlation among quality of life, depression, and urinary incontinence of elderly women in a urban city. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 27(4), 943-962.
- Lee, S. J. (2000). An application effect of rhythmic movement program for health promotion in the Elderly. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Kyung Hee University, Seoul.
- Oh, S. J., Park, H. G., Paick, S. H., Park, W. H., & Choo, M. S. (2004). Translation and linguistic validation of Korean version of the Bristol female lower urinary tract symptom instrument. Journal of Korean Continence Society, 8, 89-113.
- Oh, H. S., & Kim, M. K. (2005). Factors affecting the severity of urinary incontinence and the quality of life of women with urinary incontinence. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35(3), 469-477.
- Park, S. C. (2005). A study of factors influencing suicidal ideation of elders. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Patrick, D. L., Martin, M. L., Bushnell, D. M., Yalcin, I., Wagner, T. H., & Buesching, D. P. (1999). Quality of life of women with urinary incontinence: Further development of the incontinence quality of life instrument (I-QOL). Urology, 53(1), 71-6.
- Quek, K. F. (2005). Factors affecting health-related quality of life among patients with lower urinary tract symptoms. International Journal of Urology, 12(12). 1032-6.
- Scarpa, R. M. (2001). Lower urinary tract symptoms: what are the implications for the patients? European Urology, 40(Suppl 4), 12-20.
- Scarpero, H. M., Fiske, J., Xue, X., & Nitti, V. W. (2003). American urological association symptom index for lower urinary tract symptoms in women: Correlation with degree of bother and impact on quality of life. Urology, 61, 1118-1122.
- Shin, K. L., & Park, S. Y. (2001). A study of urinary incontinence and lower urinary tract symptoms of women on an island, The Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 13(2), 5-16.
- Song, Y. S., Son, Y. J., Hong, S. K., Song, J. E., Cho, H. K. (2007). Anxiety, depression and quality of life of married women with urinary incontinence living in the community, Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamental Nursing, 14(4), 483-492.
- Teleman, P., Ledfeldt, J., Nerbrand, C., Samsioe, G., & Mattiasson, A. (2005). Lower urinary tract symptoms in middle-aged women-prevalence and attitude towards mild urinary incontinence: A community-based population study. Acta Obstetricia et Cynecologica Scandinavica, 94, 1108-1102.
- Yang, S. A., Park, S. Y., & Shin, S. J. (2004). A study on the urinary incontinence, lower urinary tract symptoms, lifestyle and sexual matters of woman in an urban area. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 16(3), 398-408.
- Zung, W. K. (1965). A self-rating depression scale. Archives of General Psychiatry, 12, 63-70.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Seo, Yeong-Mi 2010. "Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms, Self-management and Quality of Life in Middle Aged Men" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing, 21(3): 303~310
저자의 다른 논문
- 2009 "중년 여성의 하부요로증상에 영향을 미치는 요인" 기초간호자연과학회지 = Journal of Korean biological nursing science 11 (2): 176~182
- 2009 "결장루 보유자의 성만족 구조모형" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 39 (4): 539~548
- 2010 "신종인플루엔자 유행시 대학생의 건강행위에 영향을 미치는 요인" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 16 (2): 249~256
- 2010 "일개 지역 고등학생의 인터넷 중독이 건강상태에 미치는 영향" 韓國學校保健學會誌 = The Journal of the Korean society of school health 23 (2): 115~124
- 2010 "결혼이민여성의 산전관리 실태와 영향요인" KJWHN : Korean journal of women health nursing 16 (4): 326~335
- 2010 "재가 노인의 신체활동 예측요인: 도시노인과 시골노인의 차이" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 40 (2): 191~201
- 2010 "Galleria mellonella 6-Tox Gene, Putative Immune Related Molecule in Lepidoptera" International journal of industrial entomology 21 (1): 127~132
- 2011 "2차 종합병원 간호사의 소진에 영향을 미치는 요인 - 심리.성격 특성과 업무특성중심으로-" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 17 (4): 474~483
- 2011 "병원 간호사의 주요 피부소독제 인지도와 수행도에 영향을 미치는 요인 - 알코올, 클로르헥시딘, 베타딘을 중심으로 -" 기초간호자연과학회지 = Journal of Korean biological nursing science 13 (2): 125~133
- 2011 "병원규모에 따른 간호사의 조직문화유형과 직무만족 비교연구" 산업간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing 20 (1): 1~13
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기