Environmental Specimen Bank and Ecosystem Assessment
Environmental specimen bank (ESB) is a new tool to assess ecosystem in environmental impact assessment (EIA). ESB looks at changes in the concentration of pollutants in human and environmental specimens over long periods of time through retrospective analysis of archived samples. Korea started to design its National Environmental Specimen Bank (NESB) in 2007 and planned to launch an operational pilot project by 2010. NESB prepares five Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) of shoots of Red and Korean pine, leaves of Mongolian oak, Pigeon's egg, and Common carp's muscle out of 14 planned specimens in 2009. ESB contributes to monitoring the effectiveness of EIA projects and policies by providing a time capsule through ecosystem assessment of representative species. This study reviews ecosystem assessment in EIA and the ESB establishment in Korea and probes NESB applications in ecosystem assessment.
- Athanas, A., 2005, the Role of Business in Biodiversity and Impact Assessment, Journal of Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal, 23 (1), 29-35
- Canter, L. W., 1996, Environmental Impact Assessment, McGraw-hill, Inc., 387
- Ruedel, H., Schroder, W., Theo, K., and Wiesmuller, G. A., 2009, Substance-related Environmental Monitoring, Environ Sci Pollut Res, 16: 486-498
- Schwuger, M. J., 1992, Specimen Banking, Introduction, in Environmental Monitoring and Modern Analytical Approaches, M. Rossbach, J.D. Schladot, and P. Ostapczuk, pp. 1-3, Springer-Verlag
- Ministry of Environment, 2008b, The White Book: 203-24
- Umwelt Bundes Amt (UBA), 2003, Guidelines for Sampling, Transport, Storage and Chemical Characterization of Environmental and Human Organ Samples
- Kim, J., Suh, J., Kim, K., Kim, M., and Yoo, B., 2009, Mapping and Applications of the Ecosystem and Nature Map in Korea, Proceedings of 15th Intercarto-Intergis, Perm, Russia
- Ministry of Environment, 2008a, ECOREA, Environmental Review: 69-74
- Kim, M., 2007, Establishment and Applications of National Environmental Specimen Bank in Korea, Proceedings of NIER International Seminar: 35-54
- Han, S. and Kim, M., 2001, Current Issues of Environmental Impact Assessment in Korea, IAIA'01 Abstracts Volume, Cartagena, Colombia, 26 May-1 June, 68
- Kim, M. and Yoo, B., 2007, Environmental Specimen Bank Applications and Environmental Impact Assessment, Proceedings of the Vietnam-Korea Environmental Impact Assessment Workshop, Hanoi, Vietnam: 184-187
- Kim, M, Yoo, B., Lee, S., Lee, J., and Lee, C., 2008, International Trends of Environmental Specimen Bank and Our Response, Journal of Environmental Impact Assessment, 17 (4), 231
- Ortolano, L., 1997, Environmental Regulation and Impact Assessment, John Wiley & Sons Inc: 7-8
- Wagner, G., 1995, Basic Approaches and Methods for Quality Assurance and Quality Control in Sample Collection and Storage for Environmental Monitoring, 1995, the Science of the Total Environment, 176, 63-71
- Rossbach, M. and Jayasekera, R., 1996, Air Pollution Monitoring at the Environmental Specimen Bank of Germany: Spruce and Pine Shoots as Bioindicators, Fresenius J Anal Chem, 354, 511-514
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기