한국 여성노인의 건강개념에 관한 탐색
A Study on Concepts of Health in Older Korean Women - Q Methodological Approach -
Purpose: This paper is a basic study done to establish a theory of health according to Korean culture. The focus is on identifying perceived concepts of health in older Korean women. Method: The Q-method, which is effective in measuring individual subjectivity, was used in this study. Results: Perception of the concept of health was found to have 4 independent types, as follows. 1. Type I : natural & couple-oriented type. Women with this type not only have a naturalistic view of health but also put weight on being couple-centered. 2. Type II: oriental & children-oriented type. These women have traditional oriental views of the world, and are strongly dependent on their children. 3. Type III: western & altruistic type. These women do not agree with oriental concepts of health. They are positive altruists, pursuing the meaning of life. 4. Type IV: modern & self-oriented type. Women with this type not only interpret the concepts of health within western medicine, but also positively accept oriental views of the world. Conclusions: Health concepts of older Korean women are complicated, not only with western-medical concepts of health, but also more strongly complicated with concepts from oriental medicine.
- Brown, S. R. (1980). Political subjectivity: Applications of Q methodology in political science. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press.
- Chae, S. O., Kim, H. J., Park, Y. S., & Woo, S. H. (2001). The relationship between perceived health status, health conception and health promoting behavior in the elderly. Journal of Korea Community Health Nursing Academic Society, 15(2), 262-274.
- Chang, S. O., Lee, S. J., Park, E. S., & Park, Y. J. (1999). A prediction model for health promoting behavior of the Korean elderly. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 29(2), 281-292.
- Cho, S. N. (1999). The family support and health of the elderly. Health and Social Science, 5, 31-76.
- Choi, H. K., & Paik, J. E. (2005). Successful aging according to korean elderly: the definition, types, and predicting variables. Journal of Korean Home Management Association, 23(3), 1-16.
- Choi, Y. H. (1999). Health of elderly women. Database on 1999 Scholarship Symposium. Research Institute of Nursing Science, College of Nursing, Ewha Womans University.
- Chun, Y. J., Kim. H. J., Kim. S. I., Kim. S. J., Lee, P. S., Park, E. S., et al. (1998). A study of factors influencing health promoting behavior and quality of life in the elderly. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 28(3), 638-649.
- Chung, K. H., Han, K. H., Kim, J. S., & Lim, J. G. (2006). Critical approaches to successful aging discourse. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Chung, S. D. (2007). A comparative study on the successful aging for Korean elderly women and elderly men. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 27(4), 829-845.
- Eun, Y., Ko, S. H., Kim, M. J., Kim, S. H., Kim, Y. S., Kim, J. S., et al. (2007). Introduction to advanced gerontological nursing. Seoul: Hyunmoon Press.
- Han, G, H. (2000). New culture of old generation and successful aging. Database on Spring Scholarship Convention, Korean Family Studies Association.
- Holstein, M. B., & Minkler, M. (2003). Self, society, and the new gerontology. The Gerontologist, 43(6), 787-796.
- Jang, H. S. (2007). The way of successful aging- Concept and strategies. Database on 2007 Korean Psychological Association Symposium.
- Kim, I. W. (1994). A study on the cultural foundation of Korean education. Seoul: Moon-umsa.
- Kim, J. S., Kwon, J. D., Lim, J. G., Oh, Y. H., Park, Y. R., & Seok, J. E. (2005). Old person's quality of life and policy implication- focus of the elderly living alone, elderly women, and elderly in rural area. Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs.
- Kim, K,, & Won, H. T. (1972). Traditional concept and folk treatment of mental illness among the rural peoples. The Korean Journal of Neuropsychiatric Association, 11(2), 85-98.
- Kim, S. E. (2007). Q method & sociology. Pusan: Goldwell Publishing Inc.
- Kim, S. H. (1993). A study of relationship life satisfaction and health promoting behavior of the elderly. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Korea Gallup. (2008, December). Koreans view 2009. Retrieved December 29. 2008, Korea Gallup Web site: http://www. gallup.co.kr
- Laffrey, S. C. (1990). An exploration of adult health behaviors. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 12(40), 434-447.
- Lee, Y. H. (1995). An ethnographic study of health behavior in the urban, poor elderly. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 7(2), 141-165.
- Leininger, M. M. (1993). Culture care theory: the comparative global theory to advance human care nursing knowledge and practice. in D. A. Gaut (Ed.). A Global agenda for caring (pp. 3-18). New York: National League for Nursing Press.
- Loustaunau, M. O., & Sobo, E. J. (2002). The cultural context of health, illness, and medicine (J. S. Kim, Trans.). Seoul: Hanul Publishing Company. (Original work published 1997)
- Moon, S. S., & Nam, J. J. (2001). Health status of elderly in Korea: Focus on physical health and disability of elderly women. Journal of the Korea Gerontological Society, 21(1), 15-29.
- Nettleton, S. (2001). The sociology of health and illness (H. J. Cho, Trans.). Seoul: Hanul Publishing Company. (Original work published 1997)
- Park, J. S. (1996). A survey for the construction of nursing theory according to Korean culture- About concepts of health and illness, and health behavior. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 8(2), 375-393.
- Shim, H. W., & Park, J. H. (1999). A survey on perception and attitude of patients and their families to the Korean shamanism. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing. 6(2), 288-309.
- Steele, J. L., & McBroom, W. H. (1972). Conceptual and empirical dimensions of health behavior. Journal of Health and Social Behavior, 13, 382-392.
- Tak, Y. R., Kim, S. A., & Lee, B. S. (2003). Perceived social support, instrumental support needs, and depression of elderly women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 9(4), 449-456.
저자의 다른 논문
- 1999 "환자와 보호자의 샤머니즘적 사고와 태도에 대한 조사연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 6 (2): 288~309
- 2000 "샤머니즘에 대한 간호학적 탐색" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 30 (2): 498~513
- 2002 "한국인의 건강개념에 대한 탐색연구 : Q-방법론 적용" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 8 (1): 108~119
- 2004 "시설노인의 변비실태와 일상생활 수행능력" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 10 (2): 252~261
- 2005 "한국노인의 건강개념에 관한 연구 - Q 방법론적 접근 -" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 11 (2): 142~150
- 2011 "웰다잉에 관한 한국인의 주관성 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 18 (1): 87~96
- 2012 "대학생의 웰다잉에 관한 인식과 태도 - Q 방법론적 접근 -" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 19 (2): 233~243
- 2015 "노인의 연명치료에 대한 태도 -Q 방법론적 접근-" 한국콘텐츠학회논문지 = The Journal of the Korea Contents Association 15 (12): 355~369
- 2015 "한국인의 영적건강에 관한 유형별 탐색 - Q 방법론적 접근 -" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 22 (2): 129~138
- 2017 "행복에 관한 대학생의 주관성 연구 - Q 방법론적 접근 -" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education 23 (3): 268~278
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기