요양병원과 종합병원 노인 입원환자의 섬망 유병율과 유발요인
Prevalence and Precipitating Factors for Delirium in Elderly Patients Admitted to Long-Term Care Hospitals or to General Hospital
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to compare long-term hospital and general hospital for delirium prevalence and precipitating factors in elderly patients. Method: The participants were 184 patients aged 65 or older from one general hospital and 4 long-term facilities. Delirium was assessed using the Confusion Assessment Method and precipitating factors for delirium were classified as demographic, physical condition, disease and drug factors associated with delirium found in a literature analysis. Results: Delirium prevalence was 5.4% and there was no significant difference according to hospital type. Most of the patients with delirium were male, dependent and dehydrated and had sleep disturbances, diseases and drugs associated with delirium and, had multi-drugs prescriptions. Non-delirious patients also had two or more delirious symptoms and several precipitating factors. Delirious patients were more dependent, urinary incontinent and had sleep-disturbances compared to the non-delirious group. The participants in the long-term hospitals were found to have frequently previous delirium history. Conclusion: Even though the prevalence rate of delirium was not high, most elderly patients, regardless of delirium, are a very high risk group and dependent ADL, sleep disturbances, and/or urinary incontinence could be used predictive factors for delirium.
- Alagiakrishnan, K., & Wiens, C. A. (2004). An approach to drug induced delirium in the elderly. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 80(945), 388-393.
- Boyle, D. A. (2006). Delirium in older adults with cancer: implications for practice and research. Oncology Nursing Forum, 33(1), 61-78.
- Chavez-Delgado, M. E., Virgen-Enciso, M., Perez-Guzman, J., Celis-de-la-Rosa, A., & Castro-Castaneda, S. (2007). Detection of delirium in hospitalized elderly patients using the confusion assessment method. Revista Medica del Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social, 45(4), 321-328.
- Culp, K. (2003). Acute confusion. in Carrieri-Kohlman, V., Lindsey, A. M., & West, C. M. Pathophysiological phenomena in nursing (3rd Ed.)(pp. 155-171). St. Louis: Saunders.
- Dosa, D., Intrator, O., McNicoll, L., Cang, Y., & Teno, J. (2007). Preliminary derivation of a nursing home confusion assessment method based on data from the minimum data set. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society, 55(7), 1099-1105.
- Farley, A., & McLafferty, E. (2007). Delirium part one: clinical features, risk factors and assessment. Nursing Standard, 21(29), 35-40.
- Gemert van, L. A., & Schuurmans, M. J. (2007). The neecham confusion scale and the delirium observation screening scale: Capacity to discriminate and ease of use in clinical practice. BMC Nursing, 6(3), (doi:10.1186/1472- 6955-6-3)
- Hanley, C. (2004). Delirium in the acute care setting. Medsurg Nursing, 13(4), 217-225.
- Hwhang, H. J. (2009). Effects of nursing intervention to acutely delirious old patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Hwang, S. W., Kang, S. W., Kang, Y. G., Choi, S. G., Lee, J., Kim, M. J., et al. (2002). Risk factors of delirium in elderly inpatients. The Journal of the Korean Academy of Family Medicine, 23(1), 112-121.
- Inouye, S. K. (2006). Delirium in older persons. New England Journal of Medicine, 354(11), 1157-65.
- Inouye, S. K., van Dyck, C. H., Alessi, C. A., Balkin, S., Siegal, A. P., & Horwitz, R. I. (1990). Clarifying confusion: The confusion assessment method- A new method for detection of delirium. Annals of Internal Medicine, 113(12), 941-948.
- Kaplan, N. M., Palmer, B. F., & Roche, V. (2003). Etiology and management of delirium. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences, 325(1), 20-30.
- Kim, H. Y., Park, M. S., & Lee, H. J. (2007). The effects of delirium prevention education on hospitalized elders at high risk for delirium. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing,9(1), 60-67.
- Ko, H. J., & Kim, J. H. (1997). Dementia and delirium among elderly patients in a general hospital medical ward. Journal of Korean Neuropsychiatry Association, 36(1), 85-91.
- Lee, D. W. (2005). Memory impairment. in the Korean geriatrics society. Textbook of Geriatric Medicine (2nd Ed.)(p 361). Seoul: Medical Publishing Co.
- McCusker, J., Cole, M., Dendukuri, N., Belzile, E, & Primeau, F. (2001). Delirium in older medical inpatients and subsequent cognitive and functional status: a prospective study. Canadian Medical Association Journal, 165(5), 575-583.
- Nam, A. (2009). Delirium occurrence and sleep quality in the intensive care unit patients. Unpublished master's thesis, Aju University, Suwon.
- Rizzo, J. A., Bogardus, S. T. Jr, Leo-Summers, L., Williams, C. S., Acampora, D., & Inouye, S. K. (2001). Multicomponent targeted intervention to prevent delirium in hospitalized older patients: What is the economic value? Medical Care, 39(7), 740-752.
- Sandberg, O., Gustafson, Y., Brannstrom, B., & Bucht, G. (1998). Prevalence of dementia, delirium and psychiatric symptoms in various care settings for the elderly. Scandinavian Journal of Social Medicine, 26(1), 56-62.
- Schuurmans, M. J., Duursma, S. A., & Shortridge-Baggett, L. M. (2001). Early recognition of delirium : review of the literature. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 10(6), 721-729.
- Speed, G., Wynaden, D., McGowan, S., Hare, M., & Landsborough, I. (2007). Prevalence rate of delirium at two hospitals in Western Australia. Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing, 25(1), 38-43.
- Yu, K. D., Lee, T. J., Suh, Y. W., Chung, S. H., Kim, E. Y., Kim, H. Y., et al. (2005). Delirium in acute elderly care unit; prevalence, clinical characteristics, risk factors and prognostic significance. Journal of the Korean Geriatrics Society, 9(3), 182-189.
- Yu, M. Y., Park, J. W., Hyun, M. S., & Lee, Y. J. (2008). Factors related to delirium occurrence among the patients in the intensive care units. Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research, 14(1), 151-160.
- Waszynski, C. M., & Petrovic, K. (2008). Nurses' evaluation of the confusion assessment method: A pilot study. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 34(4), 49-56.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Yang, Young-Hee 2010. "Comprehension and Knowledge about Delirium in Nurses Working at Long-Term Care Hospitals or General Hospitals" 한국간호교육학회지 = The Journal of Korean Academic Society of Nursing Education, 16(2): 312~320
- Lee, Young-Whee ; Im, Hye-Bin ; Jeong, Eun-Jeong ; Ma, Hee-Sun 2012. "Influencing Factors of the Incidence of Delirium in Elderly Patients with Arthroplasty" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing, 24(4): 348~357
- Kim, Kyoung Wan ; Jang, Soongnang 2016. "Characteristics and Mortality Risk Factors in Geriatric Hospital Patients visiting One Region-wide Emergency Department" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing, 27(4): 327~336
- Park, Hyoung Sook ; Kim, Dae Sook ; Bae, Eun Hee ; Kim, Jung Rim ; Seo, Jung Hwa ; Yun, Jung Mi 2016. "Retrospective Cohort Study on the Administration of Sedative for Delirium in Terminally Ill Cancer Patients and Survival Time" 한국호스피스·완화의료학회지 = Korean journal of hospice and palliative care, 19(2): 119~126
저자의 다른 논문
"개별접촉 교육이 고혈압 환자의 지식
$\cdot$태도와 자기건강관리 이행 및 혈압 변화에 미치는 영향" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 9 (2): 52~68
- 1995 "수분 섭취 및 배설량의 측정방법에 관한 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 25 (1): 88~98
- 1995 "호흡기계 증상 간호" 한국산업간호협회지 = Korean association of occupational health nurses 2 (1): 33~36
- 1996 "유동식을 섭취하는 대상자의 수분 섭취와 배설의 균형 분석" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 26 (3): 688~696
- 1997 "내과 환자의 입원후 영양상태 변화 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 27 (1): 49~60
- 1997 "자원동원성 (Resourcefulness)의 개념 분석" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 27 (2): 329~340
- 1997 "질병단계에 따라 암환자, 돌보는 가족원, 간호사의 간호요구 지각 비교" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 27 (4): 787~795
- 1998 "암환자와 가족원의 질병단계에 따른 대처 방법의 비교" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 28 (4): 970~979
- 1998 "욕창발생위험요인과 영양상태가 중환자실 입원환자의 욕창발생에 미치는 영향 - 욕창발생위험집단을 중심으로 -" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 5 (2): 280~292
- 1999 "입원한 암환자의 영양상태 조사 연구" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 29 (2): 271~280
- 1995 "개별접촉 교육이 고혈압 환자의 지식
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기