간호사의 특성과 노인학대에 대한 심각성 인식에 관한 연구
A Study of Nurses' Characteristics and their Perception of Seriousness of Elder Abuse
Purpose: This study was designed to examine the relationship between nurses' characteristics and perception of seriousness of elder abuse. Method: A cross-sectional survey design was used to describe the perception of elder abuse by 301 nurses. Data were collected by convenience sampling. The research instruments utilized in this study were 12 scenarios adapted by Yoo & Kim from the 13 senarios to measure the perception of elder abuse developed by Moon and Williams (1993), a seven item questionnaires related to elder abuse law, and a Semantic Differential Scaling to measure attitudes toward elderly people. Data were analyzed with descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA and Pearson's correlation. Results: The mean score for perceptions of elder abuse was 3.07. Among the types of abuse, sexual abuse was perceived as the most severe type of abuse followed by physical abuse, neglect, financial abuse, and emotional abuse in that order. Education, job position, experience of gerontological nursing course, and education on elder abuse, exposure to elder abuse information, and attitudes toward elders were significantly related to the perception of seriousness on elder abuse. Conclusions: The results of this study suggest that provision of elder abuse education is needed for nurses, to enable them to identify elder abuse and address their legal and professional responsibilities.
- Allan, M. A. (2002). Elder abuse: a challenge for home care nurses. Home Health Care Nurse, 20(5), 323-330.
- Bang, H. M. (2009). A study on the factors influencing the perception of elder abuse: Focused on mandatory reporters. Korean Association for Policy Science, 13(1), 211-234.
- Bergeron, L. R. (1999). Decision-making and adult protective services workers: Identifying critical factors. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 103(3/4), 87-113.
- Choi, N. G., & Mayer, J. (2000). Elder abuse, neglect, and exploitation: Risk factors and prevention strategies. Journal of Gerontological Social Work, 33(2), 5-25.
- Chon, S. J., Kong, E. S., Kim, G. B., Kim, N. C., Kim, C. H., Kim, C. K., et al. (2001). A study of gerontological nursing curriculum. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 31(5), 808-817.
- Fishbein, M., & Ajzen, I. (1975). Belief, attitude, intention, and behavior: An introduction to theory and research. Reading Mass: Addison-Wesley Pub. Co.
- Hong, J. (2006). A scientific approach to the design of public communication campaigns: Integration and utilization of theories of media effects, persuasion and behavior change. Korean Journal of Consumer and Advertising Psychology, 7(2), 249-276.
- Jo, A. J. (2008). Elderly abuse and what to do about it. Health and Welfare Policy Forum, 143, 16-29.
- Jung, S. K. (2007). A research for reporter recognition level of elder abuse of responsible person and countermove behavior. Unpublished master's thesis, Silla University, Busan.
- Jung, S. Y., & Ju, H. O. (2009). Perception and performance of emergency-room nurse's protection behavior for the consumer health information. Journal of Korean Nursing Administration Academic Society 15(3), 403-414.
- Killick, C., & Taylor, B. J. (2009). Professional decision making on elder abuse: systematic narrative review. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 21(3), 211-238.
- Kim, M. H., Kwon, K. J., Lim, Y. O., & Lee, Y. H. (2006). Screening scale for elder abuse. Journal of the Korean Gerontological Society, 26(4), 819-842.
- Ko, C. M. (2009). A study of nurses' perceptions on elder abuse. Sungshin Journal of Health Science, 1(1), 47-57.
- Korea National Statistical Office (2006). Population Projection for Korea. Retrieved January 20, 2010 from Web site: http://www.kosis.kr/OLAP/Analysis/stat_OLAP.jsp
- Lee, B., & Choi, M. (2008). Exploring the persuasive effect of entertainment-education as a new public campaign: The influences of television program on attitudes and behavior toward organ donation. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 19(1), 75-97.
- Lee, I. S., & Lee, Y. H. (2000). Gender differences on perceiving elderly abuse. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 10, 165-184.
- Lee, K. J., & Lee, H. J. (2007). Factors affecting the perception of the elderly toward elder abuse. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 38, 209-230.
- Lee, Y. H. (2005). Elder abuse, risk factors and consequences. Kyungi: Korean Studies Information Co. Ltd.
- Mandiracioglu, A., Govsa, F., Celikli, S., & Yildirim, G. O. (2006). Emergency health care personnel's knowledge and experience of elder abuse in Izmir. Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, 43(2), 267-276.
- McCredie, C., Bennett, G., Gilthorpe, M. S., Houghton, G., & Tinker, A. (2000). Elder abuse: do general practitioners know or care?. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, 93(2), 67-71.
- Ministry for Health, Welfare and Family affairs (2009). A report of elder abuse cases. Seoul: Korea Elder Protection Agency.
- Moon, A., & Williams O. (1993). Perceptions of elder abuse and help-seeking patterns among African-American, Caucasian American, and Korean-American elderly women, The Gerontologist, 33(3), 386-395.
- National Human Rights Commission of Korea (2002). A study of elder abuse in communities. Seoul: National Human Rights Commission of Korea.
- Oswald, R. A., Jogerst, G. J., Daly, J. M., & Bentler, S. E. (2005). Iowa family physician's reporting of elder abuse. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect, 16(2), 75-88.
- Sanders, G. F., Montgomery, J. E., Pittman, J. F., & Balkwell, C. (1984). Youth's attitudes toward the elderly. Journal of Applied Gerontology, 3(1), 59-70.
- Seo, Y. (2000). A study on the social workers' knowledge and the condition of elder abuse. Journal of Welfare for the Aged, 7, 29-73.
- Song, M. S. (2007). Elderly abuse in domestic settings: Nursing perspective. Korean Journal of Nursing Query, 16(1), 78-101.
- Tilden, V. P., Schmidt, T. A., Limandri, B. J., Chiodo, G. T., Garland, M. J., & Loveless, P. A. (1994). Factors that influence clinicians' assessment and management of family violence. American Journal of Public Health, 84(4), 628-633.
- Yoo, S. H., & Kim, C. S. (2004). A study of old persons' subjective perceptions on elder abuse. In Korean Institute of Gerontology, A study of current state and a countermeasure on elder abuse (pp. 9-39). Seoul: Korean Institute of Gerontology.
- Yu, S. J., Kim, S. M., & Lee, Y. J. (2004). The effect of senior simulation on nurses' attitude toward the elderly. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 34(6), 974-982.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Ko, Chung-Mee 2010. "Predictors of Intention to Report Elder Abuse among Elderly Women" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing, 16(3): 245~254
- Jang, Mi Heui ; Park, Chang Gi 2012. "Risk Factors Influencing Probability and Severity of Elder Abuse in Community-dwelling Older Adults: Applying Zero-inflated Negative Binomial Modeling of Abuse Count Data" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 42(6): 819~832
저자의 다른 논문
- 2010 "여성노인에서 학대 시 신고 의향에 영향을 미치는 요인" 여성건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of women health nursing 16 (3): 245~254
- 2010 "노인학대에 대한 인식과 신고의향: 간호사와 노인의 비교연구" 韓國保健看護學會誌 = Journal of Korean public health nursing 24 (2): 270~284
- 2010 "법인 택시기사의 승객피해 경험과 사업장 안전문화수준에 따른 신체적 정서적 건강" 산업간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing 19 (2): 246~257
- 2012 "Factors Related to Korean Nurses' Willingness to Report Suspected Elder Abuse" Asian nursing research 6 (3): 115~119
- 2012 "병원간호사의 직무 스트레스 회복경험과 소진과의 관계" 한국직업건강간호학회지 = Korean journal of occupational health nursing 21 (2): 87~97
- 2013 "임상간호사의 감정노동과 소진과의 관계에서 감정부조화의 매개효과" 간호행정학회지 = Journal of Korean academy of nursing administration 19 (5): 647~657
- 2013 "일개 여자대학교 학생의 사전의사결정서 작성의향에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing 20 (1): 46~55
- 2014 "여성노인의 세대 간 사회적 지원교환과 자기효능감이 우울정도에 미치는 영향" KJWHN : Korean journal of women health nursing 20 (4): 277~286
- 2015 "일개 간호대학교 학생의 감성지능과 소진과의 관계에서 스트레스의 매개효과" 韓國學校保健學會誌 = The Journal of the Korean society of school health 28 (3): 239~247
- 2018 "의료처치 및 환자 비밀유지에 대한 중환자실 간호사와 일반병동 간호사의 윤리적 갈등 경험 비교연구" 중환자간호학회지 = Journal of Korean critical care nursing 11 (3): 1~11
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기