Validity and Reliability of Seattle Angina Questionnaire Japanese Version in Patients With Coronary Artery Disease
Purpose The aim of this study was to evaluate the validity and reliability of the Seattle Angina Questionnaire, Japanese version (SAQ-J) as a disease-specific health outcome scale in patients with coronary artery disease. Methods Patients with coronary artery disease were recruited from a university hospital in Tokyo. The patients completed self-administered questionnaires, and medical information was obtained from the subjects' medical records. Face validity, concurrent validity evaluated using Short Form 36 (SF-36), known group differences, internal consistency, and test-retest reliability were statistically analyzed. Results A total of 354 patients gave informed consent, and 331 of them responded (93.5%). The concurrent validity was mostly supported by the pattern of association between SAQ-J and SF-36. The patients without chest symptoms showed significantly higher SAQ-J scores than did the patients with chest symptoms in 4 domains. Cronbach's alpha ranged from .51 to .96, meaning that internal consistency was confirmed to a certain extent. The intraclass correlation coefficient of most domains was higher than the recommended value of 0.70. The weighted kappa ranged from .24 to .57, and it was greater than .4 for 14 of the 19 items. Conclusions The SAQ-J could be a valid and reliable disease-specific scale in some part for measuring health outcomes in patients with coronary artery disease, and requires cautious use.
- Chen, A. Y., Daley, J., & Thibault, G. E. (1996). Angina patients' ratings of current health and health without angina: Associations with severity of angina and comorbidity. Medical Decision Making, 16, 169-177.
- Fayers, P., & Machin, D. (2007). Quality of life: The assessment, analysis, and interpretation of patient-reported outcomes. New York:Wiley.
- Fukuhara, S., & Suzukamo, Y. (1994). Manual of SF-36, Japanese version1.2. Kyoto: Institute for Health Outcomes & Process Evaluation Research.
- Garratt, A. M., Hutchinson, A., & Russell, I. (2001). The UK version of the Seattle Angina Questionnaire (SAQUK): Reliability, validity and responsiveness. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 54, 907-915.
- Graham,M. M., Norris, C.M., Galbraith,O.D., Knudtson, M. L., Ghali, W. A., & APPROACH Investigators. (2006). Quality of life after coronary revascularization in the elderly. European Heart Journal, 27, 1690-1698.
- Ikegami, N., Fukuhara, S., Shimotsuma, K., & Ikeda, T. (2001). Rinsho no tameno QOL hyoka handbook. Tokyo: Igaku-Shoin.
- Japan Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare. (2005). Summary of Vital Statistics Web Site. Retrieved August 1, 2009, from http://www.btk.mhlw.go.jp/toukei/data/150/2005/toukeihyou/0005645/t0125160/J0301_001.html
- Nishiyama, S., Momomura, S., Ishiwata, S., Daida, H., Hara, K., Nishimura, S., et al. (2005). Health-related quality of life in Japanese patients with ischemic heart disease: A multicenter cooperative investigation assessed using SF-36. Journal of Cardiology, 46, 211-220.
- Pettersen, K. I., Reikvam, A., & Stavem, K. (2005). Reliability and validity of the Norwegian translation of the Seattle Angina Questionnaire following myocardial infarction. Quality of Life Research, 14, 883-889.
- Spertus, J. A., Dawson, J., Masoudi, F. A., Krumholz, H. M., Reid, K. J., Peterson, E.D., et al. (2006). Prevalence and predictors of angina pectoris one month after myocardial infarction. American Journal of Cardiology, 98, 282-288.
- Spertus, J. A.,Winder, J. A., Dewhurst, T. A., Deyo, R. A., McDonell, M., Fihn, S.D., et al. (1995). Development and evaluation of the Seattle Angina Questionnaire: A new functional status measure for coronary artery disease. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 25, 333-341.
- Weintraub, W. S., Spertus, J. A., Kolm, P., Maron, D. J., Zhang, Z., Jurkovitz, C., et al. (2008). Effect of PCI on quality of life in patients with stable coronary disease. New England Journal of Medicine, 359, 677-687.
- Hofer, S., Benzer,W., Schussler, G., von Steinbuchel, N., & Oldridge, N. S. (2003). Health-related quality of life in patients with coronary artery disease treated for angina:Validity and reliability of German translations of two specific questionnaires. Quality of Life Research, 12, 199-212.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기