한국에 거주하는 한.중.미.일 성인의 암에 대한 낙관적 편견과 암 예방행위 간의 관계
The Relationship between the Optimistic Bias about Cancer and Cancer Preventive Behavior of the Korean, Chinese, American, and Japanese Adult Residing in Korea
Purpose: This study was conducted to provide basic data for developing education and health promotion programs for the prevention of cancer by identifying the relation between optimistic bias about cancer and cancer preventive behavior in Korean, Chinese, American, and Japanese residents in Korea. Methods: Using a questionnaire administered by the researcher, data were collected from a convenience sample of 600, 19 to 64-yr-old male and female Korean, Chinese, American, and Japanese residents in Korea. Data was collected between February 6 and 28, 2009. Results: Scores for optimistic bias about cancer by nationality were: Koreans, -1.03; Chinese, -0.43; Americans, -0.23; and Japanese, 0.05. The cancer preventive behavior scores were: Koreans, 43.17; Chinese, 71.84; Americans, 71.71; and Japanese, 73.97. Optimistic bias about cancer and cancer preventive behavior showed a significantly positive correlation in all participants: Koreans (r=.223, p=.006); Chinese (r=.178, p=.029); Americans (r=.225, p=.006); and Japanese (r=.402, p
- Barnoy, S., Bar-Tal, Y., & Treister, L. (2003). Effect of unrealistic optimism, perceived control over disease, and experience with female cancer on behavioral intentions of Israeli women to undergo screening tests. Cancer Nursing, 26, 363-369.
- Bright, M. A. (1993). Public health initiatives in cancer prevention and control. Seminars in Oncology Nursing, 9, 139-146.
- Katapodi, M. C., Lee, K. A., Facione, N. C., & Dodd, M. J. (2004). Predictors of perceived breast cancer risk and the relation between perceived risk and breast cancer screening: A meta-analytic review. Preventive Medicine, 38, 388-402.
- Kim, B. C., James, M., Choi, M. I., & Choi, Y. H. (2007). Cultural difference study on optimistic bias of AIDS: Comparison between Korea and Kenya. The Korean Journal of Advertising, 18, 111-130.
- Lee, K. J., Chang, C. J., Yoo, J. H., & Yi, Y. J. (2005). Factors effecting health promoting behaviors in middle-aged women. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35, 494-502.
- Lim, M. K. (2008). Cancerous epidemiology and prevention. Korean Oncology Nursing Society, 8, 21-27.
- Park, S. H., Lee, S. H., & Ham, E. M. (2008). The relationship between optimistic bias about health crisis and health behavior. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 38, 403-409.
- Ministry For Health, Welfare and Family Affairs. (2008, October). Annual report of national cancer registration, 2008. Seoul: Author.
- Clarke, V. A., Lovegrove, H., Williams, A., & Machperson, M. (2000). Unrealistic optimism and the health belief model. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 23, 367-376.
- Weinstein, N. D., Marcus, S. E., & Moser, R. P. (2005). Smokers' unrealistic optimism about their risk. Tobacco Control, 14, 55-59.
- Perloff, L. S. (1987). Social comparison and illusion of invulnerability to negative life event. In C. R. Snyder, & C. E. Ford (Eds.), Coping with negative life events: Clinical and social psychological perspectives (pp. 217-242). New York, NY: Plenum Press.
- Kim, B. C., Choi, M. I., & Lee, D. G. (2006). Optimistic bias and third-person effect about school violence. Journal of Public Relations Research, 10, 168-196.
- Roh, H. S. (2007). The impact of family cancer history on preventive health behaviors: Based on the Health Belief Model. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Yoo, K. Y., & Shin, H. R. (2003). Cancer epidemiology and prevention. Korean Journal of Epidemiology, 25, 1-15.
- Jeong, J. Y. (2007). The effect of optimistic bias on risk perception and attitude: Focused on campaign strategy for prevention of childhood obesity. Unpublished master's thesis, Ewha Womans University, Seoul.
- Suh, S. R., Jung, B. Y., So, H. S., & Tae, Y. S. (1998). A study to advance the development of educational programs for the early detection and prevention of the five major cancer in Korea. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 10, 268-280.
- Lee, D. S. (2003). A study on the relationships between unhealthy dietary habit, optimistic bias about gastric cancer occurrence and self-efficacy in Korean adult men. The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, 6, 117-126.
- World Health Organization. (2008). World health statistics 2008. Geneva: Author.
- Heine, S., & Lehman, D. (1995). Culture variation in unrealistic optimism: Does the West feel more invulnerable than the East? Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 68, 595-607.
- Fontaine, K., & Smith, S. (1995). Optimistic bias in cancer risk perception: A cross-national study. Psychological Reports, 77, 143- 146.
- Kim, J. E. (1987). Consciousness and behavior pattern of Koreans. Seoul: Ewha Womans University.
- Cha, J. H. (1980). The personality and consciousness of the Korean people. In S. B. Han, J. H. Cha, M. Y. Lee, C. Yang, B. M. Ahn, & Y. K. Shin (Eds.), Studies of the continuity and change of a culture (pp. 6-58). Seoul: Korean Social Science Research Council.
- Jang, H. M. (2007). The effect of emotion-inducing message on attitude and behavioral intention in public health campaign: Focusing on the mediating effect of perceived behavioral control and optimistic bias. Unpublished master's thesis, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Park, S. Y. (2000). The effects of a cancer prevention and early detection education on cancer-related knowledge, attitudes, and preventive health behavior of middle-aged women in Korea. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Chang, E. C., & Asakawa, K. (2003). Cultural variations on optimistic and pessimistic bias for self versus a sibling: Is there evidence for self-enhancement in the West and for self-criticism in the East when the referent group is specified? Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 84, 569-581.
- Jun, E. M., & Cho, D. S. (2005). The relationship of symptoms of stress, cancer preven-tion behavior and the quality of life in women. Korean Journal of Women Health Nursing, 11, 156-162.
- Weinstein, N. D. (1984). Why it won't happen to me: Perception of risk factors and susceptibility. Health Psychology, 3, 431-457.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Park, Youngrye ; Wee, Hwee 2014. "Knowledge, Attitude, and Preventive Health Behavior of Cancer in Middle-aged Men" 재활간호학회지 = The Korean journal of rehabilitation nursing, 17(2): 97~103
- Kim, Nam Sun ; Lee, Kyu Eun 2014. "Factors affecting Cancer Preventive Behavior in Middle-aged People" 기본간호학회지 = Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 21(1): 29~38
- 2015. "" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 45(1): 129~138
- Jeong, Young-Ju ; Park, Jin-Hee 2016. "The Effects of the Stroke on the Health Knowledge, Optimistic Bias and Health-Promoting Lifestyle in Middle-Aged Adults" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 17(9): 141~155
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "Rand Social Health Battery를 이용한 일부 농촌지역 주민의 사회적 기능 평가" 保健敎育健康增進學會誌 = Korean journal of health education and promotion 21 (2): 199~214
- 2004 "서울대 간호학 박사학위논문 분석을 통한 간호학 연구의 경향" 간호학의 지평 = Perspectives in nursing science 1 (1): 85~102
- 2007 "Self Organizing Map(SOM) 알고리즘을 이용한 상표의 내용기반 이미지검색 성능평가에 관한 연구" 정보관리학회지 = Journal of the Korean society for information management 24 (3): 321~341
- 2008 "공군 항공기 소음이 초등학생의 소음 민감도, 정서 및 행동에 미치는 영향" 農村醫學·地域保健 = Journal of agricultural medicine & community health 33 (3): 279~291
- 2008 "성인의 건강위기에 대한 낙관적 편견과 건강행위 간의 관계" 대한간호학회지= Journal of Korean academy of nursing 38 (3): 403~409
- 2012 "성인 남성의 금연 준비단계에 영향을 미치는 요인" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 42 (3): 377~384
- 2014 "대장암수술 시 장갑교환의 효과" 성인간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Adult Nursing 26 (1): 98~106
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기