군집분석을 이용한 응급실 간호사-환자 상호작용 유형 및 환자의 상호작용 만족도
Nurse-Patient Interaction Patterns and Patient Satisfaction in the Emergency Department
Purpose: The purpose of this study was to identify effective nurse interaction patterns with patients in the emergency department. Methods: For this study, video technology was used to record complete conversations between the nurse and patient. The participants were 28 nurses and 63 patients in the emergency department at one university hospital located in Seoul. The data were collected from November, 2002 to April, 2003. The video recordings were observed for 4 hr for each case and coded using an adapted version of Roter's Interaction Analysis System (RIAS). The data were analyzed using cluster analysis to identify the patterns of nurse-patient interaction. Results: Cluster analysis revealed 4 distinct nurse interaction patterns; 1) "closed" characterized by orientation and negative talk, 2) "positive" characterized by positive affective talk, 3) "informative and directing" characterized by task-focused behavior including data gathering, and giving information about medical condition and treatment, 4) "facilitative" characterized by balance of psychosocial and biomedical topics. Patient satisfaction was highest in the facilitative interaction pattern. Conclusion: The patient centered interaction pattern, balancing information exchange and psychosocial exchange are the most effective interactions in the emergency department, suggesting that effective interaction skill is a core clinical nursing intervention in acute care.
- Bottorff, J. L., & Morse, J. M. (1994). Identifying types of attending: Patterns of nurses' work. Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 26, 53-60.
- Hewison, A. (1995). Nurses' power in interactions with patients. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 21, 75-82.
- Jarrett, N., & Payne, S. (1995). A selective review of the literature on nurse-patient communication: Has the patient's contribution been neglected? Journal of Advanced Nursing, 22, 72-78.
- Kang, B. S., & Kim, K. S. (2001). Social science statistical analysis. Seoul: SPSS Academy.
- Kasch, C. R., & Lisnek, P. M. (1984). Role of strategic communication in nursing theory and research. Advances in Nursing Science, 7, 56-71.
- Kim, D. H. (2002). Understanding experience of nurses dealing with difficult patients. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 11, 62-77.
- Kruijver, I. P, Kerkstra, A., Bensing, J. M., & Van de Wiel, H. B. (2001). Communication skills of nurses during interactions with simulated cancer patients. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 34, 772- 779.
- Lim, S. L. (1998). Marital communication and marital satisfaction: The effect of gender, demanding status difference, and personality. Unpublished master's thesis, Korea University, Seoul.
- Roter, D., & Larson, S. (2002). The Roter interaction analysis system (RIAS): Utility and flexibility for analysis of medical interactions. Patient Education and Counseling, 46, 243-251.
- Shin, H. S. (2002). Analysis of metacommunicative behaviors between nurses and patients in a pediatric unit. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Caris-Verhallen, W. M., Gruijter, I. M., Kerkstra, A., & Bensing, J. M. (1999). Factors related to nurse communication with elderly people. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 30, 1106-1117.
- Bowles, N., Mackintosh, C., & Torn, A. (2001). Nurses' communication skills: An evaluation of the impact of solution-focused communication training. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 36, 347-354.
- Wilkinson, S. (1991). Factors which influence how nurses communicate with cancer patients. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 16, 677- 688.
- Lee, J. Y., & Song, M. S. (1998). The types and perceptions of touch in nurse-elderly patient interactions. Journal of Korean Academy of Adult Nursing, 10, 61-75.
- Chang, S. O., & Park, Y. J. (1999). The study on the communication barrier for nurses in clinical settings. Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, 6, 130-140.
- Kishi, K. I. (1983). Communication patterns of health teaching and information recall. Nursing Research, 32, 230-235.
- Lee, D. W. (2000). A conversational analysis of doctor-patient communication. Korean Journal of Journalism &Communication studies, 45, 232-265.
- Roter, D., & Hall, J. (1987). Physician's interviewing styles and medical information obtained from patients. Journal of General Internal Medicine, 2, 325-329.
- Hawley, M. P. (2000). Nurse comforting strategies: Perceptions of emergency department patients. Clinical Nursing Research, 9, 441-459.
- Leathart, A. J. (1994). Communication and socialization (1): An exploratory study and explanation for nurse-patient communication in an ICU. Intensive &Critical Care Nursing, 10, 93-104.
- Eleanor, H., Cheung, Y. K., Cheung, S. W., Luk, F. S., & Wong, W. W. (1998). A Chinese cultural perspective of nursing care behaviors in an acute setting. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 28, 1289-1294.
- Roter, D., Hall, J., Merisca, R., Bordstrom, B., Cretin, D., & Svarstad, B. (1998). Effectiveness of interventions to improve patient compliance: A meta-analysis. Medical Care, 36, 1138-1161.
- Sondell, K., Soderfeldt, B., & Palmqvist, S. (2002). Dentist-patient communication and patient satisfaction in prosthetic dentistry. The International Journal of Prosthodontics, 15, 28-37.
- Hall, J. A., Irish, J. T., Roter, D. L., Ehrlish, C. M., & Miller, L. H. (1994). Satisfaction, gender, and communication in medical visit. Medical Care, 32, 1216-1231.
- Kim, E. J. (2005). The nurse-patient interaction behavior. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 35, 1004-1013.
- Park, J. W. (2000). The experiences of psychiatric patients about nurses' nonverbal communication behaviors in interpersonal relationship. Journal of Korean Academy of Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing, 9, 35-43.
- Caris-Verhallen, W. M., Kerkstra, A., Heijden, P. G., & Bensing, J. M. (1998). Nurse-elderly patient communication in home care and institutional care: An explorative study. International Journal of Nursing Studies, 35, 95-108.
- Wilkinson, S., Gambles, M., & Roberts, A. (2002). The essence of cancer care: The impact of training on nurses' ability to communicate effectively. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 40, 731-738.
- Morse, J. M., Havens, G. A., & Wilson, S. (1997). The comforting interaction: Developing a model of nurse-patient relationship. Scholarly Inquiry for Nursing Practice, 11, 321-340.
- Sitzia, J., & Wood, N. (1997). Patient satisfaction: A review of issues and concepts. Social Science Medicine, 45, 1829-1843.
- Kim, Y. M., Kols, A., Thuo, M., Mucheke, S., & Odallo, D. (1997). Client-provider communication in family planning: Assessing audiotaped consultations from Kenya, Working Paper Number 5. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University, School of Public Health Center for Communication Programs.
- Roter, D., Stewart, M., Putnam, S. M., Lipkin, M., Stile, W., & Inui, T. S. (1997). Communication patterns of primary care physicians. Journal of the American Medical Association, 277, 350-356.
- Sandvik, M., Eide, H., Graugaard, P. K., Torper, J., & Finset, A. (2002). Analyzing medical dialogues: Strength and weakness of Roter's interaction analysis system (RIAS). Patient Education Counseling, 46, 235-241.
- Roter, D. (1997). The Roter method of interaction process analysis. Baltimore, MD: The Johns Hopkins University, School of Hygiene and Public Health, Department of Health Policy and Management.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Kim, Jeong-Hee ; Ahn, Hye-Young ; Eom, Mi-Ran ; Lee, Mee-Young 2010. "A Study of Emergency Room Nurses' Burn-out, Nursing Performance, and Professional Identity" 산업간호학회지 = Korean Journal of Occupational Health Nursing, 19(1): 50~59
- Jung, Min-Kyu ; Kim, Hyea-Kyeong ; Choi, Il-Young ; Lee, Kyoung-Jun ; Kim, Jae-Kyeong 2011. "The Behavior Analysis of Exhibition Visitors using Data Mining Technique at the KIDS & EDU EXPO for Children" 지능정보연구 = Journal of intelligence and information systems, 17(2): 77~96
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기