요양병원의 서비스 질 평가를 위한 요실금 결과 지표 개발
Development of Outcome Indicators of Urinary Incontinence for Quality Evaluation in Long Term Care Hospitals
Purpose: To develop outcome indicators of urinary incontinence to measure quality of care in long term care hospitals in Korea. Methods: The draft indicators of urinary incontinence were developed from a literature review and clinical expert panel. A survey of medical records of 280 patients in 20 hospitals was conducted to test inter-rater reliability. Statistical analysis was done to test risk adjustment criteria, variation between hospitals, and stability of indicators, using assessment data from 77,918 patients in 623 hospitals. Results: The inter-rater reliability of items was high (Kappa range: 0.66- 0.92). Severe cognitive impairment (odds ratio [OR]: 3.15, confidence interval [CI]: 3.03-3.26) and total mobility activities of daily living (ADLs) dependency (OR: 4.85, CI: 4.72-4.98) increased the prevalence of urinary incontinence, thus they proved to be significant criteria to stratify high and low risk groups. The prevalence for low risk showed more substantial variation than the high risk group. The indicators were stable over one month. Conclusion: This study demonstrated the feasibility of outcome indicators of urinary incontinence. Improving the reliability of the patient assessment tool and refining the indicators through validation study is a must for future study.
- Mor, V., Berg, K., Angelelli, J., Gifford, D., Morris, J., & Moore, T. (2003). The quality of quality measurement in US nursing homes. The Gerontologist, 43(Special No.2), 37-46.
- Zimmerman, D. R., Karon, S. L., Arling, G., Clark, B. R., Collins, T., Ross, R., et al. (1995). Development and testing of nursing home quality indicators. Health Care Financing Review, 16, 107- 127.
- Chung, J. (2007). Development and application of nursing service quality indicators in nursing homes. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 37, 401-413.
- Lee, J. Y., Yoon, J. Y., & Jang, S. R. (2008). A study of validity and reliability of a patient assessment instrument for long-term care hospitals. Journal of Korean Gerontological Nursing, 10, 7-19.
- Mukamel, D. B., Glance, L. G., Li, Y., Weimer, D. L., Spector, W. D., Zinn, J. S., et al. (2008). Does risk adjustment of the CMS quality measures for nursing home matter? Medical Care, 46, 532-541.
- Rubin, H. R., Pronovost, P., & Diette, G. B. (2001). The advantages and disadvantages of process-based measure of health care quality. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 13, 469-474.
- Arling, G., Lewis, T., Kane, R. L., Muller, C., & Flood, S. (2007). Improving quality assessment through multi-level modeling: The care of nursing home compare. Health Services Research, 42, 1177-1199.
- Ministry of Government Legislation. (2009). Medical law of Korea. Retrieved January 13, 2009, from http://www.law.go.kr
- Schnelle, J. F. (1991). Managing urinary incontinence in the elderly. New York, NY: Springer Publishing Company.
- Karon, S. L., Sainfort, F., & Zimmerman, D. R. (1999). Stability of nursing home quality indicators over time. Medical Care, 37, 570-579.
- Lee, J. Y., Yoon, J. Y., Kim, A. R., & Kim, C. M. (2008). Development of quality management system and indicators of long term care hospitals. Seoul: Health Insurance Review and Assessment Service.
- Lee, S. H. (2009). Multi-level analysis of factors related to quality of services in long-term care hospitals. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 39, 409-421.
- Morris, J. N., Moore, T., Jones, T., Mor, V., Angelelli, J., & Berg, K. (2003). Validation of long-term care and post-acute care quality indicators. Baltimore, MD: U. S. Department of Health and Human Services Center for Medicare and Medicaid.
- Arling, G., Karon, S. L., Sainfort, F., Zimmerman, D. R., & Ross, R. (1997). Risk adjustment of nursing home quality indicators. The Gerontologist, 37, 757-766.
- Mukamel, D. B. (1997). Risk-adjusted outcome measure and quality of care in nursing home. Medical Care, 35, 367-395.
- Mukamel, D. B., Watson, N. M., Meng, H., & Spector, W. D. (2003). Development of a risk-adjusted urinary incontinence outcome measure of quality for nursing homes. Medical Care, 41, 467-478.
- Ouslander, J. G., & Schnelle, J. F. (1995). Incontinence in the nursing home. Annals of Internal Medicine, 122, 438-449
- Mainz, J. (2003). Defining and classifying clinical indicators for quality improvement. International Journal for Quality in Health Care, 15, 523-530.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Park, Jong-Ho ; Kim, Yoo-Mi ; Kim, Sung-Soo ; Kim, Won-Joong ; Kang, Sung-Hong 2012. "Comparison of Hospital Standardized Mortality Ratio Using National Hospital Discharge Injury Data" 한국산학기술학회논문지 = Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, 13(4): 1739~1750
- Jung, Woon-Sook ; Yim, Eun-Shil 2016. "Factors Associated with the Changes in Activities of Daily Living in Older Adults with Stroke: A Comparison of Home Care and Institutional Care" 지역사회간호학회지 = Journal of korean academy of community health nursing, 27(4): 388~398
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기