회복력 요인 중심의 이혼가정 아동 적응모형
Development of a Structural Equation Model for Children's Adaptation in Divorced Families
Purpose: This study was designed to develop and test a structural model for children's adaptation in divorced families. The hypothetical model was constructed based on the Family Resilience Model by McCubbin and McCubbin. Methods: Data were collected using self-report questionnaires from 219 children (3-6th grade) in divorced families. The children attended one of 22 community agencies, 8 after-school programs, 3 elementary schools in three cities in South Korea. The collected data were analyzed using LISREL program to test the hypothetical model. Results: The modified model was constructed by deleting four paths in accordance with the statistical and theoretical criteria. Compared to the hypothetical model, the revised one had a better fit to the data. Self-esteem, and beliefs about parental divorce had direct effects, and family communication and internal control had indirect effects on children's adaptation in divorced families. These variables explained 56% of the variance in children's adaptation. Conclusion: The modified model was supported by empirical data. This model could be applied to family nursing interventions with divorced families or any other suffering family transition. When working with children experiencing parental divorce, it is important for nurses to enhance children's self-esteem, family communication and to decrease children's negative beliefs about parental divorce to help in their adaptation.
- Amato, P. R. (1993). Children's adjustment to divorce: Theories, hypotheses and empirical support. Journal of Marriage and the Family, 55(Feb), 23-38.
- Barens, H., & Olson, D. H. (1982). Parent-adolescent communication, family inventories. Minneapolis, MN: University of Minnesota Press.
- Han, S. S., & Kim, K. M. (2006). Influencing factors on self-esteem in adolescents. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 36, 37-44.
- Hetherington, E. M. (1991). The role of individual differences and family relationships in children's coping with divorce and remarriage. In P. A. Cowan, & E. M. Hetherington, (Eds.), Family transitions (pp. 163-192). Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Joo, S. H. (2004). Study of the factors that influence child's adaptation after divorce in child's point of view. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Sungkyunkwan University, Seoul.
- Kurdek, L. A., & Berg, B. (1987). Children's beliefs about parental divorce scale: Psychometric characteristics and concurrent validity. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 55, 712-718.
- Lin, S. I. (2000). Coping and adaptation in family of children with cerebral palsy. Exceptional Children, 66, 201-217.
- Sandler, I., Kim, L., & Tein, J. (1997). Locus of Control as Stress moderator and mediator in child of divorce. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 25, 145-155.
- Walsh, F. (1998). Strengthening family resilience. New York, NY: Guilford.
- Amato, L., & Keith, B. (1991). Parental divorce and the well-being of children: A meta-analysis. Psychological Bulletin, 110, 26-46.
- Emery, R. (1999). Postdivorce family life for children: Postdivorce family. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Lee, Y. A. (1995). A study of perceived family adaptation in patient with chronic renal failure. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Nam, Y. O., & Kim, J. H. (2003). A study on the factors influencing school resilience of adolescents in the alcoholic families. Korean Journal of Youth Studies, 10, 199-221.
- Korea National Statistical Office. (2009). A report of population and households. Retrieved December 10, 2009, from http://kosis.kr/ metadata/main.jsp?c_id=1962004
- McCubbin, M. A., McCubbin, H. I., & Thompson, A. I. (1986). Family hardiness index (FHI). In H. I. McCubbin, A. I. Thompson, & M. A. MaCubbin (Eds.), Family assessment: Resiliency, coping and adaptation-Inventory for research and practice (pp. 239- 305). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin.
- Kelly, J. B. (2000). Children's adjustment in conflicted marriage and divorce: A decade review of research. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 39, 963-972.
- Stolberg, A. L., & Mahler, J. (1994). Enhancing treating gains in a school-based intervention for children of divorce through skill building, parental involvement and transfer procedures. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 62, 147-156.
- Sim, M. K. (2004). Testing of resiliency model of families of children with cancer. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Cho, S. A. (2004). Differences in risk factors and protective factors according to the level of psychological maladjustment of children of divorce. Unpublished master's thesis, Keimyung University, Daegu.
- Dubow, E. F., & Ulman, D. G. (1989). Assessing social support in elementary school children: The survey of children's social support. Journal of Clinical Child Psychology, 1, 52-64.
- McCubbin, H. I., Olson, D., & Larsen, A. (1981). Family crisis oriented personal evaluation scales (F-COPES). In H. I. McCubbin, A. I. Thompson, & M. A. MaCubbin (Eds.), Family assessment: Resiliency, coping and adaptation-Inventory for research and practice (pp. 455-507). Madison, WI: University of Wisconsin.
- Min, H. Y. (1990). Circumplex model and parent-adolescent communication. Unpublished master's thesis, Yonsei University, Seoul.
- Bae, J. (2008). Causal relationships between school adjustment of middle school students and related variables. Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, 38, 454-464.
- Jeon, B. J. (1974). Self-esteem: A test of its measurability. Yonsei Nonchong, 1, 107-130.
- McCubbin, M. A., & McCubbin, H. I. (1993). Families coping with illness: The resiliency model of family stress, adjustment and adaptation. In C. B. Danielson, B. H. Bisell, & P. W. Fry (Eds.), Families, health, and illness: Perspectives on coping and intervention (pp. 21-63). St. Louis, MO: Mosby.
- Kim, S. K., & Kang, M. H. (2005). The path-analysis among riskprotective factors on the resilience of children from divorced family. Korean Journal of Child Studies 26, 261-278
- Leske, J. S., & Jiricka, M. K. (1998). Impact of family demands and family strengths and capabilities on family well-being and adaptation after critically injury. American Journal of Critical Care, 7, 383-392.
- Min, H. Y. (1999). The Influence of the perceived controllability of stress situation and locus of control on children's coping behaviors with hassles. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
- Oh, K. J., Lee, H. L., Hong, K. Y., & Ha, E. H. (1997). K-CBCL: Korean children behavior check list. Seoul: Chungangjucksung Publication.
- Achenbach, T. M. (1991). Manual for the child behavior checklist 4- 18 and 1990 profile. Burlington, VT: University of Vermont, Department of Psychiatry.
- Hetherington, M., & Stanley-Hogan, M. (1999). The adjustment of children with divorced parents: A risk and resiliency perspective. Journal of Child Psychology and Psychiatry, 40, 129-140.
- Rosenberg, M. (1965). Society and the adolescent self-image. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.
- Bae, B. R. (2005). Lisrel structural equation model: Interative Lisrel (2nd ed.). Seoul: Chunglam Publishing.
- Coopersmith, S. (1975). Coopersmith self-esteem inventory. Palo Alto, CA: Consulting Psychologists Press.
- Han, M. H. (1996). The relation of stress and perceived social support to problem behavior. Unpublished doctoral dissertation, Seoul National University, Seoul.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (1)
- Yun, Eun Kyoung ; Shin, Sung Hee 2013. "Comparison of the Factors Influencing Young Adolescents' Aggression according to Family Structure" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지, 43(3): 321~330
저자의 다른 논문
- 2004 "성인여성의 가족기능, 의사소통 및 영적 건강과의 관계 연구" 동서간호학연구지 = Journal of East-West nursing research 10 (1): 86~94
- 2005 "이혼 및 재혼에 대한 아동의 지각과 적응 유연성" 동서간호학연구지 = Journal of East-West nursing research 11 (1): 75~87
- 2010 "커플관계자료 분석방법에 의한 기러기 엄마와 자녀의 자아존중감과 모-자녀 의사소통이 초기, 후기 청소년과 엄마의 우울에 미치는 영향" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 40 (5): 620~630
- 2010 "양부모 가정과 한부모 가정 학령기 아동의 자아존중감에 영향을 미치는 요인 비교" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 40 (3): 367~377
- 2011 "간호사 의사소통의 영향요인" 동서간호학연구지 = Journal of East-West nursing research 17 (2): 164~170
- 2013 "치매지식, 자기효능감 및 우울이 노인부부의 치매예방행위에 미치는 영향: 커플관계자료 분석방법적용" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 43 (2): 276~286
- 2013 "가족구조에 따른 초기 청소년의 공격성에 영향을 미치는 요인 비교" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 43 (3): 321~330
- 2014 "동서간호학 연구지 게재논문 분석을 통한 양한방 연구 동향 탐구" 동서간호학연구지 = Journal of East-West nursing research 20 (2): 167~176
- 2014 "내시경실 간호사의 방사선피폭 방어행위에 영향을 미치는 요인" 임상간호연구 = Journal of Korean Clinical Nursing Research 20 (2): 177~188
- 2014 "부모와 자녀의 심리적 변인과 부모-자녀 의사소통이 중학생 남녀의 자살생각에 미치는 자기효과와 상대방효과 비교: Triadic data 적용" Journal of Korean academy of nursing = 대한간호학회지 44 (3): 317~327
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기