Comparison of Physicochemical Properties and Analysis of sEquence Structure Relationships of Commercial Dongchongxiacao of Three Species in Korean Market
To compare the quality of manufactured goods distributed in the domestic markets, 6 isolates of Dongchongxiacao products, namely, 4 Paecilomyces tenuipes specimens (J2P, 901A, 901B, and 901C), 1 Cordyceps militaris specimen (901D), and 1 Cordyceps sinensis specimen (CI-1), were analyzed for their physicochemical properties and sequence-structure relationships. P. tenuipes (J2P), a kind of Dongchongxiacao, was successfully inoculated on silkworms by percutaneous infection of Rural Development AdminstraionNam et al., 1999); fruiting bodies were then formed on the complete surface of the pupa. Since P. tenuipes (J2P) from silkworm larva was also proved to have remarkable pharmacological activities, it has been produced in bulk and has been successfully sold to buyers in the Korean market. Additionally, imitation products such as 901A, 901B, 901C, 901D, and CI-1 were sold simultaneously, resulting in deterioration of product quality. This research focuses on establishing quality standards to discriminate between the original and imitation products circulating in the market. The products obtained for the experiments included J2P, 901A, 901B, 901C, 901D, and CI-1; proximate analysis was performed for these products. The hosts and methods of conidia inoculation for proliferation of mycelia differed among the products. P. tenuipes (J2P) was proliferated in live silkworm larvae, and dead silkworm pupae were used to produce 901A, 901B, and 901C. On the other hand, 901D was produced on hulled rice medium. Quality analysis of C. sinensis revealed that CI-1, which was imported from China, smelled bad and proved to be a counterfeit with the fruiting body glued to the insect by twigs. The results of the proximate analysis of 901A, 901B, 901C, and 901D were similar to those of J2P with respect to the moisture content. Otherwise, J2P contained higher crude protein than 901A, 901B, 901C, and 901D, but contained very low fat. C. militaris (901D) and C. sinensis (CI-1) had low crude protein content-12.79% and 9.78% respectively-as compared to that of J2P, which was 62.38%. In contrast to the crude ash content of 6.4% in J2P, the crude ash content of CI-1 was 18.51% and this specimen was found to contain many impurities. phylogenetic analysis of P. tenuipes revealed that the sequence similarity of J2P, 901B, and 901C was in the range of 92.3~92.7%. Additionally, differences in the sequences were found at the positions 65 bp, 436 bp, 441 bp, 463 bp, etc.
- Agudelo F, Falcon LA (1983) Mass production, infectivity, and field studies with the entomogenous fungus Paecilomyces farinosus. J Invertebr Pathol 42, 124-132.
- A.O.A.C (1995) Official method of analysis AOAC international. 16th edition. Volume 1
- Aoki J, Tanase K, Kusida T (1975) The pathogenicity to the silkworm and taxonomic considerations on some muscardine fungi. J Sericult Sci Japan. 44(5), 365-370.
- Cheung Jerry KH, Tsim Karl WK, Li SP (2005) Authentication and quality control of Cordyceps sinensis, a traditional Chinese medicine known as winter-worm summer-grass. Oriental pharmacy and experimental medicine. 5(4), 262-271
- Cho SY, Shin KH, Song SK, Sung JM (1999) Mass production and useful material development of the entomopathogenic fungi (Cordyceps) growing on the silkworm, Bombyx mori L. pp. 1-234. Rural Development Administration.
- Choi O. J.(1991) Use of herbal ingredients and the herb. 68-69, Il-Woul.
- Cunningham KG, Manson W, Spring FS, Hutchinson SA (1950) Cordycepin, a metabolic product form cultures of Cordyceps militaris(Linn) part I Isolation and Characterization J Chem Soc 2299-2300.
- Hobbs CH (1995) Medicinal mushrooms: an exploration of tradition, healing and culture. Santa Cruz(CA): p. 251, Botanica Press.
- Holliday J, Cleaver M (2008) Medicinal Value of the Caterpillar Fungi Species of the Genus Cordyceps (Fr.) Link (Ascomycetes). A Review. International journal of medicinal mushrooms 10(3), 219-234
- Lee JK, Choi YS, Sung JM (2000) Investigation on cultural characteristics of mycelial growth by Cordyceps scarabaeicola. Kor J Mycol 28(2) 81-89.
- Shimizu D (1994) Color conography of vegetable wasps and plant worms. pp. 202-204, Seibundo shinkosha, Japan.
- Suh YL Thien B, Reeve HE, Zimmer EA (1993) Molecular evolution and phylogenic implication of internal transcribed spacer sequence of ribosomal DNA in witeraceae. American Joural of Botany 80(9), 1042-1055.
- Sung JM, Choi YS, Lee HK, Kim SH, Kim YO, Sung GH (1999) Production of fruiting body using culture of entomopathogenic fungal species. Kor J Mycol 27, 15-19.
- Tanada Y, Kaya H (1992) Insect pathology. pp. 2-6, Acedemic Press.
- Tak TY, Lee SJ, Cha YH, Lee SC, Kim SH (1996) Standard feed ingredient analysis analysis). pp. 1-29. Livestock Technology Research institute.
- Yamanaka K, Inatomi S, Hanaoka M (1998) Cultivation characteristics of Isaria japonica. Mycoscience. 39, 43-48.
- Shin KH, Lim S, Lee SY, Lee YS, Jung SH, Cho SY (2003) Anti-tumour and immuno-stimulating activities of the fruiting bodies of Paecilomyces japonica, a new type of Cordyceps spp. Phytotherapy research, Aug. 17(7) 830-833.
- Doi ES, Hibata D, Matoba T (1981) Modified colorimetric ninhydrin methods for peptidase assy. Anal Biochem 118, 173-184.
- 한국학술정보 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기