CKD 혼합에 따른 Recycled Material의 회복탄성계수와 일축압축강도 특성
Characteristic of Resilient Modulus and Unconfined Compressive Strength for Recycled Materials blend with Cement Kiln Dust
This study was conducted to determine the resilient modulus (Mr) and the unconfined compressive strength (UCS) of two recycled roadway materials such as recycled pavement material (RPM) and road surface gravel (RSG) with or without cement kiln dust (CKD). The recycled materials were blended with two CKD contents (5, 10 %) and 28 day curing time. Mr and UCS tests were also conducted after 10cycles of freezing and thawing to asses the impact of freeze-thaw cycling. Mr was determined conducting by the laboratory test method described by NCHRP 1-28A. Stabilized RPM and RSG had a modulus and a strength higher than unstabilized RPM and RSG. Mr and UCS of RPM and RSG mixed with CKD increased with increasing CKD content. The results indicated that the addition of CKD could be improved the strength and the stiffness of RPM and RSG. Therefore, RPM, RSG and CKD could be used as an effective materials in the reconstruction of roads.
- Acosta, H. A., 2002. Stabilization of soft subgrade soils using fly ash. MS Thesis, University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Baghdadi, Z. A., M. N. Fatani, and N. A. Sabban, 1995. Soil Modification by Cement Kiln Dust. Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, ASCE 7(4): 218-222.
- Bhatty, J. I., S. Bhattacharja, and H. A. Todres, 1996. Use of Cement Kiln Dust in Stabilizing Clays. RP343, Portland Cement Association, Skokie, IL.
- Biarez, J., 1962. Contributio a l'Etude des Properties Mecaniques des Sols et des maeriau Pulverulents. D.Sc. Thesis, Univeristy of Grenoble.
- Cha, C. S., 2005. A study on the Physical Properties of Concrete Using Cement Kiln Dust. Ph. D. diss., Cheongju University (in Korean).
- Green, J. L., and J. W. Hall, 1975. Nondestructive Vibratory Testing of Airport Pavements Volume1: Experimental Test Results and Development of Evaluation Methodology and Procedure. Federal Aviation Administration Report No. FAA-RD-73-205-1: 214.
- Guthrie, S., A. Brown, and D. Eggett, 2007. Cement Stabilization of Aggregate Base Material Blended with Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement. Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2026: 47-53.
- Halsted, G., D. Luhr, and W. Adaska, 2006. Guide to Cement-Treated Base (CTB). Publication EB236, Portland Cement Association, Skokie, IL.
- Hatipogle, B., T. Edil, and C. Benson, 2008. Evaluation of Base Prepared from Road Surface Gravel Stabilized with Fly Ash. Geocongress 2008 ASCE Geotechnical Special Publication, New Orleans, LA, 177: 288-295.
- Huang, Y., 2004. Pavement Analysis and Design, 2nd Ed. Prentice-Hall, Inc., Upper Saddle River, New Jersey.
- Kang, H. S., and C. Y. Sung, 2009. Physical and Mechanical Properties of Concrete Using Waste Activated Carbon. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 51(1): 21-26 (in Korean).
- Kearney, E. J., and J. E. Huffman, 1999. Full-Depth Reclamation Process. Journal of the Transportation Research Board 1684: 203-209.
- Kim, K. W., Y. S. Doh, and X. F. Li, 2001. Evaluation for Characteristics of Coal-mine Waste Concrete. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 43(2): 132-139 (in Korean).
- Kim, K. W., J. I. Kim, S. J. Lee, and S. J. Kim, 2002. Experimental Study for Determination of Optimum Waste Vinyl Contents in Asphalt Concrete. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 44(5): 88-95 (in Korean).
- Kim, S. S., C. S. Cha, and E. H. Joo, 2004. Estimation of the Strength Development of Cement Incorporating Cement Kiln Dust (CKD). Journal of Ind. Sci., 22(1): 155-160.
- Kweon, G. C., 1999. Alternative Mr testing methods for subgrade and subbase materials considering deformational characteristics of soils. Ph.D Thesis, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (in Korean).
- Kweon, G., D. Kim, and M. Song, 1999. Stiffness Characteristics of Subgrade and Subbase Materials in Korea. Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Proceeding 133-136 (in Korean).
- Li, L., C. H. Benson, T. B, Edil, and B. Hatipoglu, 2008. Sustainable Construction Case History: Fly Ash Stabilization of Recycled Asphalt Pavement Material. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering 26(2): 177-188.
- Luhr, D., 2004. Recycling Roads Saves Money and Natural Resources, Public Works 136(5): 115-117.
- Mallick, R. B., M. R. Teto, P. S. Kandhal, E. R. Brown, R. L. Bradbury, and E. F. Kearney, 2002. Laboratory Study of Full-Depth Reclamation Mixes. Journal of the Transportation Research Board 1813:103-110.
- May, R. W., and M. W. Witczak, 1981. Effective Granular Modulus to Model Pavement Responses, Layered Pavement Systems. Transportation Research Board 810: 1-9.
- Namkoong, Y., 2007. A study on Performance Characteristics of Asphalt Concrete by Using Cement Kiln Dust as Filler. Ph. D. diss., Dankook University (in Korean).
- NCHRP, 2004. Laboratory Determination of Resilient Modulus for Flexible Pavement Design. National Cooperative Highway Research Program Research Results Digest 285: 1-48.
- PCA, 2008. Thickness Design System for Pavements Containing Soil-Cement Bases. The Portland Cement Association: 33-37.
- Powell, W. D., J. F. Potter, H. C. Mayhew, and M. E. Nunn, 1984. The Structural Design of Bituminous Roads. Transport and Road Research Lab., TRRL Laboratory Report 1132, Department of Transport, Berkshire, United Kingdom.
- Sukumaran, B., V. Kyatham, A. Shah, and D. Sheth, 2002. Suitablilty of Using California Bearing Ratio Test to Predict Resilient Modulus. Proceeding of Federal Aviation Administration Airport Technology Transfer Conference.
- Sung, C. Y., J. N. Youn, Y. I. Kim, S. H. Im, and D. H. Jung, 2003. Freezing and Thawing Properties of Concrete Using Recycled Coarse Aggregate. Journal of Agri. Sci. 30(2): 154-163 (in Korean).
- Sung, C. Y., and N. H. Ryu, 2004. Characteristics of Recycled Concrete Using Recycled Coarse Aggregate and Industrial by-Products. Journal of Advanced Mineral Aggregate Composites 9: 125-132 (in Korean).
- Sung, C. Y., and S. C. Back, 2005. Physical and Mechanical Properties of Polymer Concrete Using Recycled Aggregate. Journal of Agri. Sci. 32(1): 19-27 (in Korean).
- Todres, H. A., A. Mishulovich, and J. Ahmad, 1992. Cement Kiln Dust Management: Permeability. Research and Development Bulletin RD103t, Portland Cement Association, Skokie, IL.
- Uzan, J., 1985. Characterization of Granular Material, Analysis and Testing of Granular Base and Subbase. Transportation Research Record 1022: 1-9.
- Wen, H., and T. B. Edil, 2009. Sustainable Reconstruction of Highways with In-Situ Reclamation of Materials Stabilized for Heavier Loads. BCR2A 09, Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on the Bearing Capacity of Roads, Railways and Airfields, Champaign, IL.
- Wen, H., M Tharaniyil, B. Ramme, and U. Krebs, 2004. Field Performance Evaluation of Class C Fly Ash in Full-Depth Reclamation: Case History Study. Journal of the Transportation Research Board 1869: 41-46.
- Youn, J. N., C. Y. Sung, and Y. I. Kim, 2009. Physical and Mechanical Properties of Porous Concrete Using Waste Activated Carbon. Journal of the Korean Society of Agricultural Engineers 51(4): 21-27 (in Korean).
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기