A Novel Interleaving Control Scheme for Boost Converters Operating in Critical Conduction Mode
Interleaving techniques are widely used to reduce input/output ripples and to increase the power capacity of boost converters operating in critical conduction mode. Two types of phase-shift control schemes are studied in this paper, the turn-on time shifting method and the turn-off time shifting method. It is found that although the turn-off time shifting method exhibits better performance, it suffers from sub-harmonic oscillations at high input voltages. To solve this problem, an intensive quantitative analysis of the sub-harmonic oscillation phenomenon is made in this paper. Based upon that, a novel modified turn off time shifting control scheme for interleaved boost converters operating in critical conduction mode is proposed. An important advantage of this scheme is that both the master phase and the slave phase can operate stably in critical conduction mode without any oscillations in the full input voltage range. This method is implemented with a FPGA based digital PWM control platform, and tests were carried out on a two-phase interleaved boost PFC converter prototype. Experimental results demonstrated the feasibility and performance of the proposed phase-shift control scheme.
- C. M. de Oliveira Stein et. al., "A ZCT auxiliary commutation circuit for interleaved boost converters operating in critical conduction mode," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 954？962, Nov. 2002.
- Han-Ju Cha et. al., "Comparison of PWM strategies for three-phase current-fed DC/DC converters," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 363？370, Oct. 2008.
- G. Spiazzi, D. Tagliavia, and S. Spampinato, "DC-DC flyback converters in the critical conduction mode: A re-examination," in Proc. Ind. Appl. Conf., Vol. 4, pp. 2426？2432, 2000.
- Y. V. Panov, F. C. Lee, and J. G. Cho, "A new three-phase AC-DC zerovoltage- switching isolated converter operating in DCM," in Proc. Ind. Appl. Conf., Vol. 3, pp. 2602？2609, 1995.
- J. E. Baggio, H.L. Hey, H.A. Grundling, H. Pinheiro, J.R. Pinheiro, "Isolated interleaved phase shift PWM DC-DC ZVS converter," IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol. 39, No. 4, pp.1795？1802, Nov./Dec. 2003.
- R. Giral, L. Martinez-Salamero, and S. Singer, "Interleaved converters operation based on CMC," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 643？652, Jul. 1999.
- M. T. Zhang, M. M. Jovanovic, and F. C. Lee, "Analysis and evaluation of interleaving techniques in forward converters," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol.13, No. 4, pp. 690？698, Jul. 1998.
- Kang-Hyun Yi et. al., "A novel two phase interleaved LLC series resonant converter using a phase of the resonant capacitor," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 275？279, Oct. 2008.
- C. Sudhakarababu et. al., "DSP based control of interleaved boost converter," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 180？189, Oct. 2005.
- Mummadi Veerachary, "Performance improvement of voltage-mode controlled interleaved buck converters," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol. 5, No. 2, pp. 104？108, Jun. 2005.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2011. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 11(5): 767~777
- 2012. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 12(4): 623~631
- 2014. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 14(4): 632~640
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기