SOC Estimation Based on OCV for NiMH Batteries Using an Improved Takacs Model
This paper presents a new method for the estimation of State of Charge (SOC) for NiMH batteries. Among the conventional methods to estimate SOC, Coulomb Counting is widely used, but this method is not precise due to error integration. Another method that has been proposed to estimate SOC is by using a measurement of the Open Circuit Voltage (OCV). This method is found to be a precise one for SOC estimation. In NiMH batteries, the hysteresis characteristic of OCV is very strong compared to other type of batteries. Another characteristic of NiMH battery to be considered is that the OCV of a NiMH battery under discharging mode is lower than it is under charging mode. In this paper, the OCV is modeled by a simple method based on a hyperbolic function which well known as Takacs's model. The OCV model is then used for SOC estimation. Although the model is simple, the error is within 10%.
- Kong Soon Ng, Chin-Sien Moo, Yi-Ping Chen, and Yao-ching Hsieh, "Enhanced coulomb counting method for estimating state-of-charge and state-of-health of litihium-ion batteries," Journal of Applied Energy, Vol. 86, No. 9, pp. 1506-1511, Sep. 2009.
- Wu Guoliang, Lu Rengui, Zhu Chunbo, and CC Chan, "State of charge estimation for NiMH battery based on electromotive force method," Conf. Proc. IEEE Vehicle Power and Propulsion, pp.1-5, Sep. 2008.
- Antoni Szumanowski and Yuhua Chang, "Battery management system based on battery nonlinear dynamics modeling," IEEE Trans on Vehicular Tech, Vol. 57, No. 3, pp. 1425-1432, May 2008.
- Salameh et. Al, "A mathematical model for lead-acid batteries," IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 7, No.1, pp. 93-97, Mar. 1992.
- Min Chen and Gabriel A. Rincon-Mora, "Accurate electrical battery model capable of predicting runtime and I-V performance," IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 504-511, Jun. 2006.
- D Sutanto and HL Chang, "A new battery model for use with battery energy storage systems and electric vehicles power systems," Conf. Proc. of IEEE Power Engineering Society Winter Meeting, Vol. 1, pp. 470-475, Jan. 2000.
- Mark Verbrugge and Edward Tate, "Adaptive state of charge algorithm for nickel metal hydride batteries including hysteresis phenomena," J. of Power Sources, Vol. 126, No. 1-2, pp. 236-249, Feb. 2004.
- Xidong Tang, Xiaodong Zhang, Brian Koch, and Damon Frisch, "Modeling and estimation of nickel metal hydride battery hysteresis for SOC estimation," Conf. Proc. of Prognostics and Health Management, pp. 1-12, 2008.
- J. Takacs, "A phenomenological mathematical model of hysteresis," Int. J. for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol. 20, No. 4, pp. 1022-1014, 2001.
- Novie Ayub Windarko, Jaeho Choi, and Deoksu Hyun, "SOC estimation based on OCV for continuous charging/discharging process in NiMH battery," Proc. of 2nd Japan-Korea Workshop Joint Technical Workshop on Semiconductor Power Converter, pp. 1-6, 2009.
- Wei Li and Geza Joos, "A power electronic interface for a battery supercapacitor hybrid energy storage systems for wind applications," Conf. Proc. of IEEE PESC 2008, pp. 1762-1768, Jun. 2008.
- Manoj Datta, T. Senjyu, A. Yona, H. Sekine, and T. Funabashi, "Smoothing output power variations of isolated utility connected multiple PV systems by coordinated control," Journal of Power Electronics, Vol.9, No.2, pp. 320-333, Mar. 2009.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Jung, Ji-Heung ; Jeon, Joon-Hyeon 2011. "New State-of-Charge Polynomial using Hermite Interpolation" 電子工學會論文誌. Journal of the Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea. SC, 시스템 및 제어, 48(1): 9~17
- Im, Jae-Kwan ; Lim, Deok-Young ; Windarko, Novie Ayub ; Choi, Jae-Ho ; Chung, Gyo-Bum 2011. "Electrical Modeling of Lithium-Polymer Battery" 전력전자학회 논문지 = The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, 16(2): 199~207
- Jang, Ki-Wook ; Chung, Gyo-Bum 2012. "A SOC Estimation using Kalman Filter for Lithium-Polymer Battery" 전력전자학회 논문지 = The Transactions of the Korean Institute of Power Electronics, 17(3): 222~229
- 2012. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 12(5): 778~786
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기