An Improved Control Strategy Using a PI-Resonant Controller for an Unbalanced Stand-Alone Doubly-Fed Induction Generator
The main cause of degradation in an unbalanced stand-alone doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG) system is negative sequence components that exist in the generated stator voltages. To eliminate these components, a hybrid current controller composed of a proportional-integral controller and a resonant regulator is developed in this paper. The proposed controller is applied to the rotor-side converter of a DFIG system for the purpose of compensating the negative stator voltage sequences. The proposed current controller is implemented in a single positive rotating reference frame and therefore the controller can directly regulate both the positive and negative sequence components without the need for sequential decomposition of the measured rotor currents. In terms of compensation capability and accuracy, simulations and experimental results demonstrated the excellent performance of the proposed control method when compared to conventional vector control schemes.
- R. Pena, J. C. Clare and G. M. Asher, "Doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters and its application to variable-speed wind energy generation", IEE Proc. Electric Power Applciations, Vol. 143, No. 3, pp. 231-241, May 1996.
- R. Pena, J. C. Clare and G. M. Asher, "A doubly fed induction generator using back-to-back PWM converters supplying an isolated load from a variable speed wind turbine", IEE Proc. Electric Power Applciations, Vol. 143, No. 5, pp. 380-387, Sep. 1996.
- S. Muller, M. Deicke, R.W, and De Doncker, "Doubly fed induction generator system for wind turbines", IEEE Industry Application Magazine, Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 26-33, Feb. 2002.
- Arantxa Tapia, Gerardo Tapia, J. Xabier Ostolaza, and Jose Ramon Saenz, "Modeling and control of a wind turbine driven doubly fed induction generator", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 194-204, Jun. 2003.
- Ted K. A. Brekken, Ned Mohan, "Control of a doubly fed induction wind generator under unbalanced grid voltage conditions", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 22, No. 1 pp. 129-135, Mar. 2007.
- Lie Xu, Yi Wang, "Dynamic modeling and control of DFIG-based wind turbine under unbalanced network conditions", IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, Vol. 22, No. 1 pp. 314-323, Feb. 2007.
- Lie Xu, "Coordinated control of DFIG's rotor and grid side converters during network unbalance", IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, Vol. 23, No. 3 pp. 1041-1049, May 2008.
- Lie Xu, "Enhanced control and operation of DFIG-based wind farms during network unbalance", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 23, No. 4 pp. 1073-1081, Dec. 2008.
- R. Pena, et al, "Control system for unbalanced operation of standalone doubly fed induction generator", IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion, Vol. 22, No. 2 pp. 544-545, Jun. 2007.
- R. Pena, et al, "Control strategy for a doubly fed induction generator feeding an unbalanced grid or stand-alone load", Electric Power Systems Research, Jul. 2008.
- R. Teodorescu, et al, "Proportional-resonant controllers and filters for grid-connected voltage source converters", Electric Power Application, IEE Proceedings, Vol. 153, No. 5 pp. 750-762, Sep. 2006.
- Marco Liserre, Remus Teodorescu, and Frede Blaabjerg, "Multiple harmonics control for three-phase grid converter systems with the use of PI-RES current controller in a rotating frame", IEEE Transactions on Power Elecronics, Vol. 21, No. 3 pp. 836-841, May 2006.
- Van-Tung Phan, Sung-Hyo Kwak, Hong-Hee Lee, "An improved control method for DFIG-based wind system supplying unbalanced stand-alone loads", Proceedings of the IEEE ISIE, pp. 1081-1086, Jul. 2009.
- Marian P. Kazmierkowski, R. Krishnan, F. Blaabjerg, "Control in Power Electronics: selected problems", Academic Press, 2002.
- J. A. L. Ghijselen and A. P. M. van de Bossche, "Exact voltage unbalance assessment without phase measurements", IEEE Transactions on Power System, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp. 519-520, Feb. 2005.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (5)
- 2010. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 10(6): 724~732
- 2010. "" Journal of electrical engineering & technology, 5(4): 614~622
- 2013. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 13(1): 161~169
- 2016. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 16(1): 259~267
- 2016. "" Journal of power electronics : JPE, 16(2): 675~684
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기