Pharmacokinetics of Magnolin in Rats
This study was first conducted to characterize the intravenous and oral pharmacokinetics of magnolin, a major pharmacologically active ingredient of Magnolia fargesii, at various doses in rats. Magnolin was administered to rats by intravenous injection (0.5, 1 and 2 mg/kg doses) and oral administration (1, 2 and 4 mg/kg doses), and serial plasma and urine samples were harvested. Magnolin concentrations were determined by a validated LC/MS/MS assay. After both intravenous and oral administration, the AUCs were linearly increased as the dose increased. Other pharmacokinetic parameters of magnolin (except the Vss after the intravenous administration) were also independent of the doses. The extent of absolute oral bioavailability ranged from 54.3-76.4% for the oral doses examined. Magnolin was considerably bound to rat plasma proteins and the binding value was constant (71.3-80.5%) over a concentration ranging from 500 to 10000 ng/mL. The pharmacokinetic parameters of magnolin were doseindependent after both intravenous and oral administration. When given orally, magnolin was rapidly absorbed.
- Ahn, K. S., Jung, K. Y., Kim, J. H., Oh, S. R., and Lee, H. K., Inhibitory activity of lignan components from the flower buds of Magnoliae fargesii on the expression of cell adhesion molecules. Biol. Pharm. Bull., 24, 1085-1087 (2001).
- Bhattaram, V. A., Graefe, U., Kohlert, C., Veit, M., and Derendorf, H., Pharmacokinetics and bioavailability of herbal medicinal products. Phytomedicine, 9 (Suppl. 3), 1-33 (2002).
- Chae, S. H., Kim, P. S., Cho, J. Y., Park, J. S., Lee, J. H., Yoo, E. S., Baik, K. U., Lee, J. S., and Park, M. H., Isolation and identification of inhibitory compounds on TNF-alpha production from Magnolia fargesii. Arch. Pharm. Res., 21, 67-69 (1998).
- FDA/Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Guidance for industry: Botanical drug products (2004). Available at: http://www.fda.gov/cder/guidance/index.htm.
- Jung, K. Y., Kim, D. S., Oh, S. R., Park, S. H., Lee, I. S., Lee, J. J., Shin, D. H., and Lee, H. K., Magnone A and B, novel anti-PAF tetrahydrofuran lignans from the flower buds of Magnolia fargesii. J. Nat. Prod., 61, 808-811 (1998).
- Kim, J. Y., Lim, H. J., Lee, D. Y., Kim, J. S., Kim, D. H., Lee, H. J., Kim, H. D., Jeon, R., and Ryu, J. H., In vitro antiinflammatory activity of lignans isolated from Magnolia fargesii. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 19, 937-940 (2009a).
- Lee, H. K., Jung, K. Y., Ahn, K. S., Oh, S. R., Lee, I. S., Park, S. H., Kim, J. H., Jang, H. W., and Hong, N. D. (inventors), Korea Institute of Science & Technology (assignee), New lignans isolated from Magnolia flos with leukotriene synthesis inhibitory activity. Korea Patent 10-0321313-0000 (2002).
- Miyazawa, M., Kasahara, H., and Kameoka, H., Biotransformation of (+)-magnolin and (+)-yangabin in rat. Phytochemistry, 32, 1421-1424 (1993).
- Shen, Y., Pang, E. C., Xue, C. C., Zhao, Z. Z., Lin, J. G., and Li, C. G., Inhibitions of mast cell-derived histamine release by different Flos Magnoliae species in rat peritoneal mast cells. Phytomedicine, 15, 808-814 (2008).
- Tang, W. and Eisenbrand, G., Chinese Drugs of Plant Origin: Chemistry, Pharmacology and Use in Traditional and Modern Medicine. Springer-Verlag: Berlin (1992).
- Zhao, W., Zhou, T., Fan, G., Chai, Y., and Wu, Y., Isolation and purification of lignans from Magnolia biondii Pamp by isocratic reversed-phase two-dimensional liquid chromatography following microwave-assisted extraction. J. Sep. Sci., 30, 2370-2381 (2007).
- Baek, J. A., Lee, Y. D., Lee, C. B., Go, H. K., Kim, J. P., Seo, J. J., Rhee, Y. K., Kim, A. M., and Na, D.J., Extracts of Magnoliae flos inhibit inducible nitric oxide synthase via ERK in human respiratory epithelial cells. Nitric Oxide, 20, 122-128 (2009).
- Kim, N. J., Oh, S. R., Lee, H. K., and Lee. H. S., Simultaneous determination of magnolin and epimagnolin A in rat plasma by liquid chromatography with tandem mass spectrometry: application to pharmacokinetic study of a purified extract of the dried flower buds of Magnolia fargesii, NDC-052 in rats. J. Pharm. Biomed. Anal., 50, 53-57 (2009b).
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기