Ginsenoside Changes in Red Ginseng Manufactured by Acid Impregnation Treatment
To enhance the functionalities of ginseng, an acid impregnation pre-treatment was applied during red ginseng processing. Acetic, ascorbic, citric, malic, lactic, and oxalic acid were used for the acid impregnation treatment, and total and crude saponin concentrations and ginsenoside patterns were evaluated. Total and crude saponin contents of red ginseng pre-treated by acetic, ascorbic, and citric acid were similar to those of red ginseng without pre-treatment, whereas lactic, malic, and oxalic acid pre-treatment caused a reduction of total and crude saponin in red ginseng. From the high performance liquid chromatography analysis of ginsenosides, increased $Rg_3$ density was shown in red ginseng pre-treated by acetic, ascorbic, and citric acid impregnation. In the case of lactic, malic, and oxalic acid pre-treatment, increased $Rg_1$ density was observed in red ginseng. Increased $Rg_1$ and $Rg_3$ contents due to acid impregnation during red ginseng processing may contribute to improving bioactive functionalities of red ginseng.
- Ando T, Tanaka O, Shibata S. Chemical studies on the Oriental plant drugs(XXV). Comparative studies on the saponins and sapogenins of ginseng and related crude drugs. Syoyakugaku Zasshi 1971;25:28-32.
- Nam KY. The Comparative understanding between red ginseng and white ginsengs, processed ginsengs (Panax ginseng C. A. Meyer). J Ginseng Res 2005;29:1-18.
- Choi KJ. The constituent of material ginseng and management of quality. Korean J Ginseng Sci 1991;15: 247-256.
- Park JD. Recent studies on the chemical constituents of Korean ginseng (Panax ginseng C.A. Mayer). Korean J Ginseng Sci 1996;20:389-415.
- Shibata S, Fujita M, Itokawa H, Tanaka O, Ishii T. Studies on the constituents of Japanese and Chinese crude drugs. XI. Panaxadiol, a sapogenin of ginseng roots. Chem Pharm Bull 1963;11:759-761.
- Joo CN. Some physiological and biochemical aspects of saponin fraction of Panax ginseng C.A. Meyer. Korean J Ginseng Sci 1990;14:143-156.
- Takagi K, Saito H, Nabata H. Pharmacological studies of Panax ginseng root: estimation of pharmacological actions of Panax ginseng root. Jpn J Pharmacol 1972;22:245-249.
- Yamamoto H, Katario M, Matsunaga H. Anti-tumor substance from Panax ginseng roots. Korean J Ginseng Sci 1990;14:244-252.
- Yokozawa T, Oura H, Kawashima Y. Effect of serial administrationof ginsenoside-Rb2 in diabetic rats: in terms of carbohydrate and lipid metabolites. Chem Pharm Bull 1987;35:4872-4877.
- Mochizuki M, Yoo YC, Matsuzawa K, Sato K, Saiki I, Tono-oka S, Samukawa K, Azuma I. Inhibitory effect of tumor metastasis in mice by saponins, ginsenoside-Rb2, 20(R)- and 20(S)-ginsenoside-Rg3, of red ginseng. Biol Pharm Bull 1995;18:1197-1202.
- Nam KY. The comparative understanding between red ginseng and white ginsengs, processed ginsengs (Panax ginseng C.A. Mayer). J Ginseng Res 2005;29:1-18.
- In JG, Lee BS, Kim EJ, Park MH, Yang DC. Increase of functional saponin by acidic treatment and temperature of red ginseng extract. Korean J Plant Resour 2006;19:139-143.
- Han BH, Park MH, Han YN, Woo LK, Sankawa U, Yahara S, Tanaka O. Degradation of ginseng saponins under mild acidic conditions. Planta Med 1982;44:146-149.
- Keum YS, Park KK, Lee JM, Chun KS, Park JH, Lee SK, Kwon H, Surh YJ. Antioxidant and anti-tumor promoting activities of the methanol extract of heat-processed ginseng.Cancer Lett 2000;150:41-48.
- Chang JK, Park CK, Shim KH. Changes in chemical components of red ginseng processed from the fresh ginseng stored at low temperature. Korean J Food Preserv 2003;10:158-161.
- Hong HD, Sim EM, Kim K, Rho J, Rhee YK, Cho CW. Comparison of preparation methods for the quantification of ginsenosides in raw Korean ginseng. Food Sci Biotechnol2009;18:565-569.
- Kim MH, Lee YC, Choi SY, Cho CW, Rho J. Characteristics of acid pre-treated red ginseng and its decoction. J Ginseng Res 2009;33:343-348.
- Rho J, Lee YC, Kim K, Hong HD, Kim YC, Choi SY, Cho CW, Ku KH, Kim MH. Development of red ginseng using new pretreatment method. Seongnam: Korea Food Research Institute, 2006. p. 25-28.
- Wang W, Zhao Y, Rayburn ER, Hill DL, Wang H, Zhang R. In vitro anti-cancer activity and structure-activity relationships of natural products isolated from fruits of Panax ginseng. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 2007;59:589-601.
- Tachikawa E, Kudo K, Nunokawa M, Kashimoto T, TakahashiE, Kitagawa S. Characterization of ginseng saponin ginsenoside-Rg3 inhibition of catecholamine secretion in bovine adrenal chromaffin cells. Biochem Pharmacol 2001;62:943-951.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- 2011. "" Journal of ginseng research = 高麗人參學會誌, 35(1): 104~110
- 2016. "" Preventive nutrition and food science, 21(1): 24~30
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기