김치로부터 담즙산 분해능이 우수한 Lactobacillus plantarum CIB 001의 분리 및 동정
Isolation and Identification of Lactobacillus plantarum CIB 001 with Bile Salt Deconjugation Activity from Kimchi
This study was carried out to isolate and characterize the Lactobacillus plantarum with bile salt deconjugation activity that was isolated from Kimchi. Some isolates were selected and identified as L. plantarum by 16S rRNA gene sequence and sodium dodecyl sulfate-polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE) analysis of whole cell protein patterns. They were assayed to determine their capacities to express bile salt hydrolase (BSH) activity. Among the identified strains, L. plantarum CIB 001 showed the highest level of BSH activity. Then, resistance to gastric acidity and bile condition were analyzed for further characterization. This strain was able to maintain viability for 1h at pH 2.0 and to survive in a MRS (deMan, Rogosa, and Sharpe) broth with 1.0% of bile acids. L. plantarum CIB 001 would potentially be useful in the food industry as probiotics.
- Hepner, G., R. Fried, St. S. Jeor, L. Fusetti, and R. Morin. 1979. Hypocholesterolemic effect of yogurt and milk. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 32: 19-24.
- Weston, S., A. Halbert, P. Richmond, and S. L. Prescott. 2005. Effects of probiotics on atopic dermatitis: a randomised controlled trial. Arch. Dis. Child. 90: 892-897.
- Caglar, E., N. Sandalli, S. Twetman, S. Ergeneli, and S. Selvi. 2005. Consumption of yogurt with Bifidobacterium DN-173010 and its effect on dental caries risk factor. Acta. Odontol. Scand. 63: 317-320.
- Kim, T. W., S. H. Jung, J. Y. Lee, S. K. Choi, S. H. Park, J. S. Jo, and H. Y. Kim. 2003. Identification of lactic acid bacteria in Kimchi using SDS-PAGE profiles of whole cell proteins. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 13: 119-124.
- Thompson, L. U., D. J. Jenkins, M. A. Amer, R. Reicher, A. Jenkins, and J. Kamulsky. 1982. The effect of fermented and unfermented milks on serum cholesterol. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 36: 1106-1111.
- Christiaens, H., R. J. Leer, P. H. Pouwels, and W. Verstraete. 1992. Cloning and expression of a conjugated bile acid hydrolase gene from Lactobacillus plantarum by using a direct plate assay. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 58: 3792-3798.
- Beena, A. and V. Prasad. 1997. Effect of yogurt and bifidus yogurt fortified with skim milk powder, condensed whey and lactose-hydrolyzed condensed whey on serum cholesterol and triacylglycerol concentrations in rats. J. Dairy Res. 64: 453-457.
- Caglar, E., S. U. Kavaloglu, O. O. Kuscu, N. Sandalli, P. L. Holgersson, and S. Twetman. 2007. Effect of chewing gums containing xylitol or probiotic bacteria on salivary mutans streptococci and lactobacilli. Clin. Oral. Investig. 11: 425-429.
- Kim, D. W., D. H. Yang, S. Y. Kim, K. S. Kim, M. G. Chung, and S. M. Kang. 2009. Hypocholesterolemic effect of lyophilized, heat-killed Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Lactobacillus plantarum. Kor. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 37: 69-74.
- Suzuki, Y. and H. Kaizu. 1991. Effect of cultured milk on serum cholesterol consentration in rats which were fed highcholesterol diets. Anim. Sci. Technol. 62: 565-576.
- Floch, M. H., H. I. Binder, B. Filburn, and W. Gershengoren. 1972. The effect of bile acids on intestinal microflora. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 25: 1418-1426.
- Mohan, B., R. Kadirvel, A. Natarajan, and M. Bhaskaran. 1996. Effect of probiotic supplementation on growth, nitrogen utilization and serum cholesterol in broilers. Br. Poult. Sci. 37: 395-401.
- Ramasamy, K., N. Abdullah, M. Wong, C. Karuthand, and Y. W. Ho. 2010. Bile salt deconjugation and cholesterol removal from media by Lactobacillus strains used as probiotics in chickens. J. Sci. Food Agric. 90: 65-69.
- Dashkevicz, M. P. and S. D. Feighner. 1989. Development of a differential medium for bile salt hydrolase-active Lactobacillus spp. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 55: 11-16.
- Nakajima, H., Y. Suzuki, and T. Hirota. 1992. Cholesterollowering activity of ropy fermented milk. J. Food Sci. 57: 1327-1329.
- Kim, J. H., M. K. Oh, Y. H. Rhee, K. C. Choi, Y. K. Lee, and S. Y. Shin. 1999. Selection and physico-chemical characteristics of lactic acid bacteria which had cholesterol lowering activities. J. Korean Soc. Agric. Chem. Biotechnol. 42: 83-90.
- Fukushima, M. and M. Nakano. 1996. Effects of a mixture of organisms, Lactobacillus acidophilus or Streptococcus faecalis on cholesterol metabolism in rats fed on a fat- and cholesterol-enriched diet. Br. J. Nutr. 76: 857-867.
- Murry, A. C., A. Hinton, and H. Morrison. 2004. Inhibition of growth Escherichia coli, Salmonella typhimurium, and Clostridium perfringens on chicken feed media by Lactobacillus salivarius and Lactobacillus plantarum. Poult. Sci. 9: 603-607.
- Lavermicocca, P., F. Valerio, A. Evidente, S. Lazzaroni, A. Corsetti, and M. Gobetti. 2000. Purification and chracterization of novel antifungal compounds from the sourdough Lactobacillus plantarum strain 21B. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 66: 4084-4090.
- Shanahan, F. 2005. Physiological basis for novel drug therapies used to treat the inflammatory bowel diseases. I. Pathophysiological basis and prospects for probiotic therapy in inflammatory bowel disease. Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 288: G417-G421.
- Macdonald, I. A., V. D. Bokkeheuser, J. Winter, A. M. Mclernon, and E. H. Mosbach. 1983. Degradation of steroids in the human gut. J. Lipid. Res. 24: 675-700.
- Hentges, D. J. 1983. Biotransformation of bile acids and cholesterol by the intestinal microflora. Human intestinal microflora in health and disease. Academic Press, New York, USA.
- Tanaka, H., K. Doesburg, T. Iwasaki, and I. Mierau. 1999. Screening of lactic acid bacteria for bile salt hydrolase activity. J. Dairy Sci. 82: 2530-2535.
- Akalin, A. S., S. Gonc, and S. Duzel. 1997. Influence of yogurt and acidophilus yogurt on serum cholesterol levels in mice. J. Dairy Sci. 80: 2721-2725.
- Caglar, E., S. U. Kavaloglu, N. Sandalli, and S. Twetman. 2006. Salivary mutans streptococci and lactobacillus levels after ingestion of the probiotic bacterium Lactobacillus reuteri ATCC 55730 by straws and tablets. Acta. Odontol. Scand. 64: 314-318.
- Lidbeck, G. J and C. E. Nord. 1987. Impact of Lactobacillus acidophilus on the normal intestinal flora after administration of two antibiotic agents. Infection 16: 329-335.
- Sartor, R. B. 2004. Therapeutic manipulation of the enteric microflora in inflamatory bowel disease: antibiotics, probiotics and prebiotics. Gastroenterology. 126: 1620-1633.
- Gilliland, S. E., C. R. Nelson, and C. Maxwell. 1985. Assimilation of cholesterol by Lactobacillus acidophilus. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 49: 377-381.
- Jones, B. V., M. Begley, C. Hill, C. G. M. Gahan, and J. R. Marchesi. 2008. Functional and comparative metagenomic analysis of bile salt hydrolase activity in the human gut microbiome. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 105: 13580-13585.
- Shim, S. M. and J. H. Lee. 2008. Evaluation of lactic acid bacterial community in Kimchi using terminal-restriction fragment length polymorphism analysis. Kor. J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 36: 247-259.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- Jeong, Ji-Kang ; Zheng, Yanfei ; Choi, Hye-Sun ; Han, Gwi-Jung ; Park, Kun-Young 2010. "Catabolic Enzyme Activities and Physiological Functionalities of Lactic Acid Bacteria Isolated from Korean Traditional Meju" 한국식품영양과학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 39(12): 1854~1859
- Jung, Gwangsick ; Lee, Jong-Hoon 2012. "Evaluation of the Colonization of Lactobacillus plantarum in Mouse Gut by Terminal Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism Analysis" 한국미생물·생명공학회지 = Korean journal of microbiology and biotechnology, 40(4): 389~395
- Lee, Jae-Joon ; Kim, Ah-Ra ; Chang, Hae-Choon ; Lee, Myung-Yul 2012. "Repeated-Dose Oral Toxicity Study of Lactobacillus Plantarum AF1 Isolated from Kimchi in Rats" 한국식품영양과학회지 = Journal of the Korean Society of Food Science and Nutrition, 41(5): 612~620
저자의 다른 논문
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기