Influence of twin screw extrusion processing condition on the properties of polypropylene/multi-walled carbon nanotube nanocomposites
Polypropylene/multi-walled carbon nanotube (PP/MWNT) nanocomposites were prepared in a twin screw extruder using masterbatch dilution technique. The nano-dispersion state of the nanotube in polymer matrix was estimated using rheological measurement, SEM and TEM. The effects of melt viscosity of PP and processing conditions such as screw speed and screw L/D ratio on the dispersion state and electrical property of the PP/MWNT nanocomposite were investigated. According to rheological and electrical properties, nanocomposite based on lower viscosity polypropylene has better performance compared to that based on the higher viscosity PP. As the screw speed increased the viscosity of PP/MWVT composite was increased but further increase in screw speed resulted in the decreased viscosity, which may be due to possible defects in MWNT. The mechanical properties of nanocomposites as increasing contents of MWNT were also investigated with the processing conditions.
- Hotta, S. and D. R. Paul, 2004, Nanocomposites formed from linear low density polyethylene and organoclays, Polymer, 45, 7639-7654.
- Collins, P. G. and P. Avouris, 2002, Nanotubes FOR electronics, Scientific American, December, 62-69.
- Ajayan, P. M, J. C. Charlier and A. G. Rinzler, 1996, Carbon nanotubes: From macromolecules to nanotechnology, Proc. Nat. Acad. Sci., 96, 14199-14200.
- Lertwimolnum, W. and B. Vergnes, 2005, Influence of compatibilizer and processing conditions on the dispersion of nanoclay in a polypropylene matrix, Polymer, 46, 3462-3471.
- Wagener, R. and T. J. G. Reisinger, 2003, A rheological method to compare the degree of exfoliation of nanocomposites, Polymer, 44(24), 7513-7518.
- Ren, J., A. S. Silva and R. Krishnamoorti, 2000, Linear viscoelasticity of disordered polystyrenepolyisoprene block copolymer based layered-silicate nanocomposites, Macromolecules, 33, 3739-3746.
- Abdel-Goad, M., P. Potschke, D. Zhou, JE. Mark and G. Geinrich, 2007, Preparation and rheological characterization of polymer nanocomposites based on expanded graphite, J. Macromol Sci Part A, 44(6), 591-598.
- Dong, Y. and D. Bhattacharyya, 2008, Effects of clay type, clay/ compatibiliser content and matrix viscosity on the mechanical properties of polypropylene/organoclay nanocomposites, Composites: Part A, 39, 1177-1191.
- Wang, L. and Z. M. Dang, 2005, Carbon nanotube composites with high dielectric constant at low percolation threshold, Appl. Phys. Lett., 87:042903-1-3.
- Zhang, Q. H., S. Rastogi and D. J. Chen, 2006, Low percolation threshold in single-walled carbon nanotube/high density polyethylene composites prepared by melt processing technique, Carbon, 44(4), 778-785.
- Frank, S. P., P. Poncharal, Z. L. Wang and W. A. De Heer, 1998, Carbon nanotube quantum resistors, Science, 280, 1744-1746.
- Mihaela, M. and A. Olaru, 1993, Handbook of polyolefins, Marcel Dekker, Inc, 267-290.
- Galgali, G., C. Ramesh and A. Lele, 2001, A rheological study on the kinetics of hybrid formation in polypropylene nanocomposites, Macromolecules, 34, 852-858.
- Xiao, K. Q., L. C. Zhang and I. Zarud, 2007, Mechanical and rheological properties of carbon nanotube-reinforced polyethylene composites, Compos. Sci. Techno., 67, 177-182.
- Basiuk, V. A. and E. V. Basiuk, 2008, Chemistry of carbon nanotubes, American Scientific Publishers.
- Baughman, R. H., A. A. Zakhidow and W. A. de Heer, 2002, Carbon nanotubes--the route toward applications, Science, 297, 787-792.
- Solomon, M. J., A. S. Almusallam, K. F. Seefeldt, A. Somwangthanaroj and P. Varadan, 2001, Rheology of polypropylene/ clay hybrid materials, Macromolecules, 34, 1864-1872.
- Bauhofer, W. and J. Kovacs, 2009, A review and analysis of electrical percolation in carbon nanotube polymer composites, Composites Science and Technology, 69, 1486-1498.
- Ganb, M., B. K. Satapathy and M. Thunga, 2008, Structural interpretations of deformation and fracture behavior of polypropylene/multi-walled carbon nanotube composites, Acta Mater., 56, 2247-2261.
- Harris, P. F. J., 2004, Carbon nanotube composites, Int. Mater. Rev., 49, 31-43.
- 원문이 없습니다.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기