Computational Fluid Dynamics of Cavitating Flow in Mixed Flow Pump with Closed Type Impeller
LES(Large Eddy Simulation) with a cavitation model was performed to calculate an unsteady flow for a mixed flow pump with a closed type impeller. First, the comparison between the numerical and experimental results was done to evaluate a computational accuracy. Second, the torque acting on the blade was calculated by simulation to investigate how the cavitation caused the fluctuation of torque. The absolute pressure around the leading edge on the suction side of blade surface had positive impulsive peaks in both the numerical and experimental results. The simulation showed that those peaks were caused by the cavitaion which contracted and vanished around the leading edge. The absolute pressure was predicted by simulation with -10% error. The absolute pressure around the trailing edge on the suction side of blade surface had no impulsive peaks in both the numerical and experimental results, because the absolute pressure was 100 times higher than the saturated vapor pressure. The simulation results showed that the cavitation was generated around the throat, then contracted and finally vanished. The simulated pump had five throats and cavitation behaviors such as contraction and vanishing around five throats were different from each other. For instance, the cavitations around those five throats were not vanished at the same time. When the cavitation was contracted and finally vanished, the absolute pressure on the blade surface was increased. When the cavitation was contracted around the throat located on the pressure side of blade surface, the pressure became high on the pressure side of blade surface. It caused the 1.4 times higher impulsive peak in the torque than the averaged value. On the other hand, when the cavitation was contracted around the throat located on the suction side of blade surface, the pressure became high on the suction side of blade surface. It caused the 0.4 times lower impulsive peak in the torque than the averaged value. The cavitation around the throat caused the large fluctuation in torque acting on the blade.
- Kobayashi, K., Ono, S., Harada, I. and Chiba, Y., 2007, “Prediction of Stress on Pump Blade by One-Way Coupled Method of Fluid and Structure Simulations,” ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition, Seattle, Washington.
- Friedrich-Kari Benra, Hans Josef Dohmen and Bo Wan, 2006, “DETERMINATION OF PUMP IMPELLER DEFLECTIONS: COMPARISON OF FSI-SIMULATIONS TO MEASUREMENTS,” ASME Joint U.S. ？ European Fluids Engineering Summer Meeting, Miami, FL.
- Iino, T. and Kasai, K., 1985, “An Analysis of Unsteady Flow Induced by Interaction of Centrifugal Impeller and a Vaned Diffuser,” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., (in Japanese), Vol. 51, No. 471, B, pp. 154-159.
- Arndt, N., Acosta, A. J., Brennen, C. E. and Caughey, T.K., 1989, “Rotor-Stator Interaction in a Diffuser Pump,” ASME J. of Turbomachinery, Vol. 111, pp. 213-221.
- Arndt, N., Acosta, A. J., Brennen, C. E. and Caughey, T.K., 1990, “Experimental Investigation of Rotor-Stator Interaction in a Centrifugal Pump with Several Vaned Diffusers,” ASME J. of Turbomachinery, Vol. 112, pp. 98-108.
- Guo, S., Okamoto, H. and Maruta, Y., 2006, “Measurement on the Fluid Forces Induced by Rotor-Stator Interaction in a Centrifugal Pump,” JSME International Journal, Series B, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 434-442.
- Yamaguchi, Y. and Ito, H., 1981, “Experimental Study for the fluctuation of Stress Caused on Runner Blade of High Head Pump,” Trans. Jpn. Soc. Mech. Eng., (in Japanese), Vol. 47, No. 413, B, pp. 95-104.
- Fukaya, M., Okamura, T., Tamura, Y. and Matsumoto, Y., 2003, “Prediction of Cavitation Performance of Axial Flow Pump by Using Numerical Cavitating Flow Simulation with Bubble Flow Model,” Fifth International Symposium on Cavitation, Osaka, Japan, November.
- Milan, S., Frantisek, M. and Pavel, S., 2001, “Numerical Investigation of Blade and Tip Clearance Geometry Influence on Tip Clearance and Tip Vortex Cavitations,” International Symposium on Experimental and Computational Aerothermodynamics of Internal Flows, Poland, Sept. 4-7.
- Okita, K. Matsumoto, Y. and Kamijo, K., 2003, “Numerical Analysis For Unsteady Cavitating Flow in a Pump Inducer,” Fifth International Symposium on Cavitation, Osaka, Japan, November 1-4.
- Charles C.S. Song, Xiangying Chen, Tani, K., Shinmei, K., Niikura, K. and Sato, J., 1999, “Simulation of Cavitating Flows in Francis Turbine and Draft Tube Under Off-design Conditions,” 3rd ASME/JSME Joint Fluids Engineering Conference, San Francisco, California.
- Nishimura, K., Kato, C., Yamade, Y., Yamanishi, N. and Tani, N., 2006, “Large Eddy Simulation of Unsteady Cavitating Flows in a Turbopump Inducer,” SEISAN KENKYU, (in Japanese), Vol. 58, No. 1, pp. 27-30.
- Help Navigator, ANSYS CFX, Release 11.0, ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide, Multiphase Flow Modeling, Interphase Mass Transfer, Cavitation Model.
- Help Navigator, ANSYS CFX, Release 11.0, ANSYS CFX-Solver Theory Guide, Turbulence and Wall Function Theory, Eddy Viscosity Turbulence Models, Two Equation Turbulence Models.
- Help Navigator, ANSYS CFX, Release 11.0, ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide, Turbulence and Near-Wall Modeling, Turbulence Models, The Large Eddy Simulation Model (LES).
- Help Navigator, ANSYS CFX, Release 11.0, ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide, Advice on Flow Modeling, Advection Scheme Selection.
- Help Navigator, ANSYS CFX, Release 11.0, ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide, Advice on Flow Modeling, Timestep Selection, Transient Timestep Control, Transient Scheme.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (3)
- 2012. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 5(1): 18~29
- 2016. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 9(3): 277~286
- 2016. "" International journal of fluid machinery and systems, 9(2): 119~128
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2010.3.2.113
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/3.113?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기