Internal Flow of a Two-Bladed Helical Inducer at an Extremely Low Flow Rate
The attachment of inducer upstream of main impeller is an effective method to improve the suction performance of turbopump. However, various types of cavitation instabilities are known to occur even at the designed flow rate as well as in the partial flow rate region. The cavitation surge occurring at partial flow rates is known to be strongly associated with the inlet back flow. In the present study, in order to understand the detailed structure of internal flow of inducer, we firstly carried out the experimental and numerical studies of non-cavitating flow, focusing on the flow field near the inlet throat section and inside the blade passage of a two bladed inducer at a partial flow rate. The steady flow simulation with cavitation model was also made to investigate the difference of flow field between in the cavitating and no-cavitating conditions.
- Acosta, A. J., 1958, “An Experimental Study of Cavitating Inducers,” Proceedings of the Second Symposium on Naval Hydrodynamics, ONR/ACR-8, pp. 537-557.
- Kamijo, K., Yoshida, Y. and Tsujimoto, Y., 1993, “Hydraulic and Mechanical Performance of LE-7 LOX Pump Inducer,” AIAA Journal of Propulsion and Power, Vol. 9, pp. 819-826.
- Tsujimoto, Y., Yoshida, Y., Maekawa, Y., Watanabe, S. and Hashimoto, T., 1997, “Observations of Oscillating Cavitations of an Inducer,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 119, pp. 775-781.
- Furukawa, A., Ishizaka, K. and Watanabe, S., 2002, “Flow Measurement in Helical Inducer and Estimate of Fluctuating Blade Force in Cavitation Surge Phenomena,” JSME International Journal, Ser.B, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 672-677.
- Kim, J.-H., Ishizaki, M., Enomoto, N., Ishizaka, K., Watanabe, S. and Furukawa, A., 2008, “Suppression Effect of Upstream Installed Ring-shaped Obstacle Plate on Cavitation Surge in Pump Inducers,” Journal of Fluids Science and Technology, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 1-10.
- Watanabe, S., Kim, J.-H., Ishizaka, K. and Furukawa, A., 2007. “Numerical/Experimental Investigations on Inlet Back Flow in a Helical Inducer in Partial Flow Conditions,” Proceedings of FEDSM2007, 5th Joint ASME/JSME Fluids Engineering Conference, FEDSM2007-37438.
- Lakshminarayana, B., 1982, “Fluid Dynamics of Inducers ？A Review,” ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, Vol. 104, pp. 411-427.
- Yokota, K., Kurahara, K., Kataoka, D., Tsujimoto, Y. and Acosta, A. J., 1999, “A Study of Swirling Backflow and Vortex Structure at the Inlet of an Inducer,” JSME International Journal, Ser.B, Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 451-459.
- Tsujimoto, Y., Horiguchi, H. and Qiao, X., 2005, “Backflow from Inducer and Its Dynamics,” Proceedings of 2005 ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting and Exhibition, FEDSM2005-77381.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2010.3.2.129
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/3.129?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기