Multi-objective Optimization of a Laidback Fan Shaped Film-Cooling Hole Using Evolutionary Algorithm
Laidback fan shaped film-cooling hole is formulated numerically and optimized with the help of three-dimensional numerical analysis, surrogate methods, and the multi-objective evolutionary algorithm. As Pareto optimal front produces a set of optimal solutions, the trends of objective functions with design variables are predicted by hybrid multi-objective evolutionary algorithm. The problem is defined by four geometric design variables, the injection angle of the hole, the lateral expansion angle of the diffuser, the forward expansion angle of the hole, and the ratio of the length to the diameter of the hole, to maximize the film-cooling effectiveness compromising with the aerodynamic loss. The objective function values are numerically evaluated through Reynolds- averaged Navier-Stokes analysis at the designs that are selected through the Latin hypercube sampling method. Using these numerical simulation results, the Response Surface Approximation model are constructed for each objective function and a hybrid multi-objective evolutionary algorithm is applied to obtain the Pareto optimal front. The clustered points from Pareto optimal front were evaluated by flow analysis. These designs give enhanced objective function values in comparison with the experimental designs.
- Goldstein, R. J., Eckert, E. R. G., and Burggraf, F., 1974, “Effects of Hole Geometry and Density on Three-Dimensional Film Cooling,” Int. J. Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 17, pp. 595-607.
- Gritsch, M., Schulz, A., and Wittig, S., 1998, “Adiabatic Wall Effectiveness Measurements of Film-Cooling Holes With Expanded Exits,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 120, pp. 549-556.
- Saumweber, C. and Schulz, A., 2008, “Effect of Geometry Variations on the Cooling Performance of Fan-Shaped Cooling Holes,” ASME Turbo Expo 2008, Berlin, GT2008-51038.
- Saumweber, C., Schulz, A., and Wittig, S., 2003, “Free-stream Turbulence Effects on Film Cooling With Shaped Holes,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 125, pp. 65-73.
- Lutum, E. and Johnson, B. V., 1999, “Influence of the Hole Length-to-Diameter Ratio on Film Cooling With Cylindrical Holes,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 121, pp. 209-216.
- Bunker, R. S., 2005, “A Review of Shaped Hole Turbine Film-Cooling Technology,” J. Heat Transfer, Vol. 127, pp. 441-453.
- Bohn, D. and Moritz, N., 2003, “Numerical Parametric Study on Full Coverage Cooled Multi-Layer Plates,” Proceeding of the International Gas Turbine Congress 2003, Tokyo, IGTC2003 Tokyo TS-84.
- Hyams, D., G. and Leylek, J. H., 2000, “A Detailed Analysis of Film Cooling Physics: Part3-Streamwise Injection With Shaped Holes,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 122, pp. 122-132.
- Azzi, A. and Jubran, B. A., 2007, “Numerical modeling of film cooling from converging slot-hole,” Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 43, pp. 381-388.
- Leedom, D. H. and Acharya, S., 2008, “Large Eddy Simulation of Film Cooling Flow Field From Cylindrical and Shaped Holes,” ASME Turbo Expo 2008, Berlin, GT2008-51009.
- Mahmood, S., Kassab, A. J., and Divo, E., 2005, “Film Cooling Effectiveness from a Single Scaled-Up Fan-Shaped Hole: A CFD Simulation of Adiabatic and Conjugate Heat Transfer Models,” ASME Turbo Expo 2005, Nevada, GT2005-68431.
- Day, C. R. B., Oldfield, M. L. G., and Lock, G. D., 2000, “Aerodynamic performance of an annular cascade of film cooled nozzle guide vanes under engine representative conditions,” Experiments in Fluids, Vol. 29, pp. 117-129.
- Sargison, J. E., Guo, S. M., Oldfield, M. L. G., Lock, G. D., and Rawlinson, A. J., 2002, “A Converging Slot-Hole Film-Cooling Geometry-Part 1: Low-Speed Flat-Plate Heat Transfer and Loss,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 124, pp. 453-460.
- Walters, D. K. and Leylek, J. H., 2000, “Impact of Film-Cooling Jets on Turbine Aerodynamic Losses,” ASME J. Turbomachinery, Vol. 122, pp. 537-545.
- Lee, K. D. and Kim, K. Y., 2009, “Optimization of a Cylindrical Film Cooling Hole using Surrogate Modeling,” Numerical Heat Transfer A, Vol. 55, No. 4, pp. 362-380.
- Lee, K. D. and Kim, K. Y., 2010, “Shape optimization of a fan-shaped hole to enhance film-cooling effectiveness,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 53, pp. 2996-3005.
- Deb, K., 2001, Multi-objective optimization using evolutionary algorithms, Wiley, New York.
- Marler, R. T. and Arora, J. S., 2004, “Survey of multi-objective optimization methods for engineering,” Struct. Multidisciplinary Opt., Vol. 26, No. 6, pp. 369-395.
- Samad, A., Lee, K. D., and Kim, K. Y., 2008, “Multi-objective optimization of a dimpled channel for heat transfer augmentation,” Heat Mass Transfer, Vol. 45, pp. 207-217.
- Foil, K., Okabe, T., Olhofer, M., Jin, Y., and Sendhoff, B., 2006, “Optimization of micro heat exchanger: CFD, analytical approach and multi-objective evolutionary algorithms,” Int. J. Heat and Mass Transfer, Vol. 49, pp. 1090-1099.
- Samad, A. and Kim, K. Y., 2009, “Surrogate Based optimization Techniques for Aerodynamic Design of Turbomachinery,” Int. J. Fluid Machinery and Systems, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 179-188.
- CFX-11.0 Solver Theory, Ansys inc., 2008.
- Menter, F. and Esch, T., 2001, “Elements of Industrial Heat Transfer Prediction,” 16th Brazilian Congress of Mechnacal Engineering (COBEM), Uberlandia Brazil.
- Bardina, J. E., Huang, P. G., and Coakley, T., 1997, “Turbulence Modeling Validation,” Fluid Dynamics Conference 28th, AIAA Paper 1997-2121.
- Myers, R. H. and Montgomery, D. C., 1995, Response surface methodology-process and product optimization using designed experiments, Wiley, New York.
- MATLAB, The language of technical computing, Release 14, The math Works Inc.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2010.3.2.150
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/3.150?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기