A Two-Dimensional Study of Transonic Flow Characteristics in Steam Control Valve for Power Plant
A steam control valve is used to control the flow from the steam generator to the steam turbine in thermal and nuclear power plants. During startup and shutdown of the plant, the steam control valve is operated under a partial flow conditions. In such conditions, the valve opening is small and the pressure deference across the valve is large. As a result, the flow downstream of the valve is composed of separated unsteady transonic jets. Such flow patterns often cause undesirable large unsteady fluid force on the valve head and downstream pipe system. In the present study, various flow patterns are investigated in order to understand the characteristics of the unsteady flow around the valve. Experiments are carried out with simplified two-dimensional valve models. Two-dimensional unsteady flow simulations are conducted in order to understand the experimental results in detail. Scale effects on the flow characteristics are also examined. Results show three types of oscillating flow pattern and three types of static flow patterns.
- Widel, K.-E., 1980, “Governing Valve Vibrations in a Large Steam Turbine,” Practical Experiences with Flow-Induced Vibrations, Springer-Verlag, New York, pp. 320-322.
- Araki, T., Okamoto, Y. and Otomo, F., 1981, “Fluid-Induced Vibration of Steam Control Valves (In Japanese),” Toshiba Review, Vol. 36, No. 7, pp. 648-656.
- Jibiki, K., 2000, “Fluctuation of Steam Control Valve (In Japanese),” Turbomachinery, Vol. 28, No. 4, pp. 225-229.
- Morita R., Inada F., Mori M., Tezuka K., and Tsujimoto Y., 2007, “CFD Simulations and Experiments of Flow Fluctuations Around a Steam Control Valve,” Journal of Fluids Engineering 129, 48, pp. 48-57.
- Yee, H., 1987, “Upwind and Symmetric Shock-Capturing Schemes,” NASA-TM-89464.
- Takakura, Y., Ogawa, S., et al., 1989, “Turbulence Models for 3D Transonic Viscous Flows,” Proc. AIAA 9th Comp. Fluid Dynamics Conf., 89-1952-CP, pp. 240？248.
- Yoon, S., and Jameson, A., 1988, “Lower-Upper Symmetric-Gauss-Seidel Method for the Euler and Navier-Stokes Equations,” AIAA Journal, 26(9), pp. 1025-1026.
- NDSL :
- DOI : http://dx.doi.org/10.5293/IJFMS.2010.3.1.058
- Japan Science and Technology Information Aggregator, Electronic : 저널> 권호 > http://joi.jlc.jst.go.jp/JST.JSTAGE/ijfms/3.58?from=KISTI
- DBPia : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기