Experimental Lnvestigation on Mechanical Characteristics and Environmental Effects on Rubber Concrete
The feasibility of the use of scrap tire rubber in concrete was investigated. The tests conducted in two groups: replacing of coarse aggregates with crumb rubber and cement particles with rubber powder. To distinguish the properties of new concrete, the following mechanical and durability tests were designed: compressive, tensile and flexural strength, permeability and water absorption. Rubber addition could affect the concrete properties depend on the type and percentage of the rubber added. Although the rubber addition modifies the mechanical characteristics of concrete in a way, but higher rubber content could not be useful. Concrete durability showed more dependency to the type of rubber instead of percentage of rubber. Moreover, to optimize the mechanical and durability of rubberized concrete, the useful percentage of rubber has been recommended.
- Siddique, R. and Naik, T. R., “Properties of Concrete Containing Scrap-Tire Rubber an Overview,” Waste Management, Vol. 24, Issue 6, 2004, pp. 563-569.
- Amos, A. D. and Roberts, M., “Use of Ground Rubber Tires in Portland Cement Concrete,” Proceedings of the International Conference of Concrete, University of Dundee, Scotland, 2000, pp. 379-390.
- Iranian Official Statistics of Environmental Pollution in 2005, IEO Reports, No. of 27R-T-2356, 2007.
- Eldin, N. N. and Senouci, A. B., “Rubber Tire Particles as Concrete Aggregates,” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 5, No. 4, 1993, pp. 478-496.
- Khatib, Z. K. and Bayomy, F. M. “Rubberized Portland Cement Concrete,” ASCE Journal of Materials in Civil Engineering, Vol. 11, Issue 3, 1999, pp. 206-213.
- Topcu, I. B., “The Properties of Rubberized Concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 25, Issue 2, 1995, pp. 304-310.
- Rostami, H., Lepore, J., Silverstraim, T., and Zundi, I., “Use of Recycled Rubber Tires in Concrete,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Concrete, University of Dundee, Scotland, UK, 2000, pp. 391-399.
- Fattuhi, N. I. and Clark, N. A., “Cement-based Materials Containing Tire Rubber,” Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 10, Issue 4, 1996, pp. 229-236.
- Benazzouk, A., Douzane, O., and Queneudec, M., “Transport of Fluids in Cement？rubber Composites,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 26, Issue 1, 2004, pp. 21-29.
- Segre, N. and Joekes, I., “Use of Tire Rubber Particles as Addition to Cement Paste,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 30, Issue 9, 2000, pp. 1421-1425.
- Hernandez-Olivares, F., Barluenga, G., Bollati, M., and Witoszed, B., “Static and Dynamic Behavior of Recycled Tire Rubber-filled Concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 32, Issue 10, 2002, pp. 1587-159.
- Naik, T. R. and Singh, S. S., “Utilization of Discarded Tires as Construction Materials for Transportation Facilities,” Report No.CBU-1991-02, UWM center for By-products Utilization, University Of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Milwaukee, 1991, 16 pp.
- Nevil, A. M. and Brooks, J. J., Concrete Technology, Published by Prentice Hall, 1987.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기