Analysis of the Foam Generated Using Surfactant Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
The performance evaluation of a sodium lauryl sulfate to qualify as a foaming agent is presented in this paper. When new surfactants are used a systematic study of production parameters on the foam characteristics needs to be undertaken unlike proprietary foaming agents and foam generator for which manufacturer has predefined the parameters. The relative influence of the foam parameters and optimization of factors were carried out through a systematic experiment design. The foam production parameters namely foam generation pressure and dilution ratio of foaming agents are observed to have significant effect on all foam characteristics with the exception of foam output rate on which only foam generation pressure has influence. The foam with good initial foam density need not necessarily be stable foam. The optimum levels of foam production parameters are determined for the surfactant Sodium lauryl sulfate which can be used to produce stable foam for foam concrete production.
- Valore, R. C., “Cellular Concrete Part 1 Composition and Methods of Production,” ACI Journal, Vol. 50, 1954, pp. 773-796.
- Jones, M. R., “Foamed Concrete for Structural Use,” Proceedings of One Day Seminar on Foamed Concrete: Properties, Applications and Latest Technological Developments, Loughborough University, July 2001, pp. 27-60.
- Colak, A., “Density and Strength Characteristics of Foamed Gypsum,” Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol. 22, 2000, pp. 193-200.
- Laukaitis, A., Zurauskas, R., and Keriene, J., “The Effect of Foam Polystyrene Granules on Cement Composite Properties,” Cement and Concrete Composites, Vol 27, 2005, pp. 41-47.
- Park, S. B., Yoon, E. S., and Lee, B. I., “Effects of Processing and Materials Variations on Mechanical Properties of Light-Weight Composites,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 29, 1999, pp. 193-200.
- Magrabi, S. A., Dlugogorski, B. Z., and Jameson, G. J., “A Comparative Study of Drainage Characteristics in AFFF and FFFP Compressed-air Dire-fighting Foams,” Fire Safety Journal, Vol. 37, 2002, pp. 21-52.
- Koudriashoff, I. T., “Manufacture of Reinforced foam Concrete Roof Slabs,” Journal of the American Concrete Institute, Vol. 21, 1949, pp. 37-48.
- Magrabi, S. A., Dlugogorski, B. Z., and Jameson, G. J., “Free Drainage in Aqueous foams: Model and Experimental study,” AIChE Journal, Vol. 37, 2001, pp. 314-327.
- Hutzler, S., et al., “The Physics of Foam Drainage,” Proceedings of MIT European Detergents Conference, Wurzburg, 2005, pp. 191-206.
- Nambiar, E. K. K. and Ramamurthy, K., “Air Void Characterisation of foam Concrete,” Cement and Concrete Research, Vol. 37, 2006, pp. 221-230.
- Myers, D., “Surfactant Science and Technology,” VCH Publishers, New York, 1998.
- Nambiar, E. K. K., “Influence of Composition and Pore Parameters on Properties of Preformed foam Concrete,” Ph.D. thesis, I.I.T Madras, 2006.
- BIS Bureau of Indian Standards. Specification for 53 grade Ordinary Portland Cement, IS 12269, BIS, New Delhi, India, 1987.
- Ministry of Defence, Defence Standard 42-40, Foam Liquids, Fire Extinguishing (Concentrates, Foam, Fire Extinguishing), 2, 2002.
- SAS Release 8.02, SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- Montgomery, D. C., “Design and Analysis of Experiments,” Wiley, New York, 2001.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, Standard Test Method for Foaming Agents for use in Producing Cellular Concrete Using Preformed foam, ASTM C 796-97, Philadelphia, 1997.
- Ranjani, G. I. S., and Ramamurthy, K, “Evaluation of synthetic Based Preformed Foam Concrete,” Proceedings of International Conference on ICI Innovative World of Concrete, ICIIWC (CD Rom), New Delhi, India, 2008.
- American Society for Testing and Materials, Specification for Foaming Agents Used in Making Preformed foam for Cellular Concrete, ASTM C 869-91, Philadelphia, 1991.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기