Incremental Model-based Test Suite Reduction with Formal Concept Analysis
Test scenarios can be derived based on some system models for requirements validation purposes. Model-based test suite reduction aims to provide a smaller set of test scenarios which can preserve the original test coverage with respect to some testing criteria. We are proposing to apply Formal Concept Analysis (FCA) in analyzing the association between a set of test scenarios and a set of transitions specified in a state machine model. By utilizing the properties of concept lattice, we are able to determine incrementally a minimal set of test scenarios with adequate test coverage.
- R. V. Binder, Testing Object-Oriented Systems-Models, Patterns, and Tools, Object Technology. Addison-Wesley, 2000.
- B. Broekman and E. Notenboom, Testing Embedded Software, Addison-Wesley, 2003.
- C. Carpineto and G. Romano, Concept Data Analysis: Theory and Applications, Wiley, 2004.
- T.Y. Chen and M.F. Lau, “A New Heuristic for Test Suite Reduction,” Information and Software Technology, 40, 1998, pp.347-354.
- T.H. Cormen, C.E. Leiserson, R.L. Rivest, and C. Stein, Introduction to Algorithms, MIT Press, Second Edition, 2001.
- B. Ganter and R. Wille, Formal Concept Analysis: Mathematical Foundations, Springer-Verlag, 1999.
- R. Godin, R. Missaoui, and H. Alaoui, “Incremental Concept Formation Algorithms Based on Galois (Concept) Lattices,” Computational Intelligence, 11(2), 1995, pp.246-267.
- P.V.R. Murthy, P.C. Anitha, M. Mahesh, and R. Subramanyan, “ Test ready UML statechart models,” Proceedings of the 2006 international workshop on scenarios and state machines: models, algorithms, and tools, SCESM '06, May, 2006, pp.75-81.
- P. Ng and R.Y.K. Fung, “Applying Formal Concept Analysis in Requirements Validation with UML State Machine Model,” International Journal of Computer & Information Science, Vol. 8, No. 4, December 2007, pp.550-559.
- P. Ng and R.Y.K. Fung, “Model-Based Test Suite Reduction with Concept Lattice,” Proceedings of Advanced Software Engineering and Its Applications, ASEA 2008, Dec., 2008, pp.3-8.
- J. Offutt, S. Liu, A. Abdurazik, and P. Ammann, “Generating Test Data from State-based Specifications,” Software Testing, Verification and Reliability, Vol.13, Iss. 1, 2003, pp.25-53.
- G. Rothermel, R. Untch, C. Chu, and M.J. Harrold, “ Prioritizing Test Cases for Regression Testing,” IEEE Transactions of Software Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 10, Oct., 2001, pp.929-948.
- S. Sampath, V. Mihaylov, A. Souter, and L. Pollock, “A Scalable Approach to User-Session based Testing of Web Applications through Concept Analysis,” Proceedings of 19th International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, ASE '04, Linz, Austria, 2004, pp.132-141.
- S. Tallam and N. Gupta, “A concept analysis inspired greedy algorithm for test suite minimization,” The 6th ACM SIGPLAN-SIGSOFT workshop on Program analysis for software tools and engineering, PASTE '05, 2005, pp.35-42.
- T. Tilley, R. Cole, P. Becker, and P. Eklund, “A Survey of Formal Concept Analysis Support for Software Engineering Activities,” Formal Concept Analysis, LNAI 3626, B. Ganter et al. (Eds.), Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg, 2005, pp.250-271.
- M. Utting and B. Legeard, Practical Model-Based Testing: A Tools Approach, Morgan Kaufmann, 2007.
- NDSL :
- 한국정보처리학회 : 저널
- KCI :
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기