Structural intensity analysis of a large container carrier under harmonic excitations of propulsion system
The structural intensity analysis, which calculates the magnitude and direction of vibrational energy flow from vibratory velocity and internal force at any point of a structure, can give information on dominant transmission paths, positions of sources and sinks of vibration energy. This paper presents a numerical simulation system for structural intensity analysis and visualization to apply for ship structures based on the finite element method. The system consists of a general purpose finite element analysis program MSC/Nastran, its pre- and post-processors and an in-house program module to calculate structural intensity using the model data and its forced vibration analysis results. Using the system, the structural intensity analysis for a 4,100 TEU container carrier is carried out to visualize structural intensity fields on the global ship structure and to investigate dominant energy flow paths from harmonic excitation sources to superstructure at resonant hull girder and superstructure modes.
- Alfredsson, K.S. Josefson, B.L. and Wilson, M.A., 1996. Use of the energy flow concept in vibration design. Journal of AIAA, 34(6), pp. 1250-1255.
- Fahy, F.J. and Pierri, R., 1977. Application of cross-spectral density to a measurement of vibration power flow between connected plates. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 62(5), pp.1297-1298.
- Gavric, L. and Pavic, G., 1993. A finite element method for computation of structural intensity by the normal mode approach. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 164(1), pp.29-43.
- Hambric, S.A., 1990. Power flow and mechanical intensity calculations in structural finite element analysis. ASME Journal of Vibration and Acoustics, 112, pp.542-549.
- Kim, B.H., 2006. A study on the low vibration design of container carrier superstructure using the structural intensity analysis. Master thesis, Pusan National University, Korea.
- Lee, D.H. and Cho, D.S., 2001. Structural intensity analysis of local ship structures using finite element method. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 38(3), pp. 62-73.
- Linjama, J. and Lahti, T., 1992. Estimation of bending wave intensity in beams using the frequency response technique. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 153(1), pp.21-36.
- MSC/Nastran, 1996. MSC/Patran-PAT304 (PCL and Customization), Macneal-Schwendler Co.
- Noiseux, D.U., 1970. Measurement of power flow in uniform beams and plates. Journal of the Acoustical Society of America, 47(1), pp. 238-247.
- Pascal, J.C. Carniel, X. and Li, J.F., 2006. Characterisation of a dissipative assembly using structural intensity measurements and energy conservation equation. Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, 20, pp. 1300-1311.
- Pavic, G., 1976. Measurement of structure borne wave intensity, Part I: Formulation of the methods. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 49(2), pp. 221-230.
- Saijyou, K. and Yoshikawa, S., 1996. Measurement of structural and acoustic intensities using near-field acoustical holography. Journal of Applied Physics of Japan, 35, pp.3167-3174.
- Sitton, G. 1997. MSC/Nastran Basic Dynamic Analysis User's Guide, Macneal-Schwendler Co.
- Verheij, J.W., 1980. Cross spectral density methods for measuring structure borne power flow on beams and pipes. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 70(1), pp.133-139.
- Xu, W. and Koss, L.L., 1995, Frequency response functions for structural intensity, Part I: Theory. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 185(2), pp. 299-334.
- Xu, X.D., Lee, H.P. and Lu, C., 2004. The structural intensities of composite plates with a hole. Composite Structures, 65, pp. 493-498.
- Xu, X.D. Lee, H.P. Wang, Y.Y. and Lu, C., 2004. The energy flow analysis in stiffened plates of marine structures. Thin-Walled Structures, 42, pp. 979-994.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Kim, Kook-Hyun ; Cho, Dae-Seung 2012. "Out-of-plane Structural Intensity Analysis of Rectangular Thick Plate" 韓國海洋工學會誌 = Journal of ocean engineering and technology, 26(4): 42~49
- 2015. "" International journal of naval architecture and ocean engineering, 7(1): 174~194
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기