An approach to computerized preliminary design procedure of mid-size superyachts from hull modeling to interior space arrangement
A concept of preliminary design for mid-size superyachts is explored. First, the profile of a superyacht is interactively designed with the help of freeform curve functionality and graphical user interface (GUI) based interaction. The hull form is then constructed using major characteristic curves such as design waterline, deck sideline, and sections in addition to the predefined profile curve. After exterior hull modeling is done, the arrangement of significant interior spaces of all decks is carried out. A genetic algorithm is exploited to find a space arrangement by considering space fitness values, space proximity, and stairs connectivity of relevant spaces. A goal of the paper is to offer a step-by-step procedure for superyacht design from scratch or when initial information is not sufficient for complete design. For this purpose, a GUI based superyacht design system is developed. This design approach is expected to help users interactively design mid-size superyachts.
- Daniels, A. and Parsons, M.G., 2006. An agent based approach to space allocation in general arrangements, 9th International Marine Design Conference, Ann Arbor, Michigan, U.S.A.
- GIBS, 2008. Genoa International Boat Show. http://www.genoaboatshow.com
- Goldberg, D.E., 1989. Genetic Algorithms in Search, Optimization, and Machine Learning, 1st Ed, Addison-Wesley publishing, Inc.
- Jo, J. and Gero, J., 1998. Space layout planning using an evolutionary approach, Artificial Intelligence in Engineering, 12, pp.149？162
- Kim, J.K., 2008. Prospect of World Ocean Industry and Growth of Superyacht Market. Review of South Region Era, Research Institute for Development of Kyungnam Province, 3, pp.36-45.
- Lee, H.S. and Byun, L.S., 2007. A Study on Space Arrangement and Interior Space Division of Superyachts, Journal of Korean Institute of Interior Design, Vol.6, No.2, pp.224-231.
- Lee, K.Y. Han, S.N. and Roh, M.I., 2002. Optimal Compartment Layout Design for a Naval Ship Using an Improved Genetic Algorithm, Marine Technology, 39(3), pp.159-169.
- Mahfound, S., 2000. Niching Method, Evolutionary Computation 2: Advanced Algorithms and Operators. Institute of Physics Publishing, pp.87-92.
- Nam, J-.H. and Parsons, M.G., 2000. A Parametric Approach for Initial Hull Form Modeling Using NURBS Representation, Journal of Ship Production, 16(2), pp.76-89.
- Nam, J-.H. Hyun, B.S. Kim, T.Y. and Kim, D.H., 2007. Analysis of Hydrodynamic Performance and Establishment of Modeling Technique for Determination of Preliminary Hull Form of Superyachts. Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 44(4), pp.451-458,
- Piegl, L. and Tiller, W., 1995. The NURBS Book, Springer.
- Rogers, D.F., 2001. An Introduction to NURBS with Historic Perspective, Academic Press.
- Rhino3D, 2009. www.rhino3d.com, Version 4.0. Robert McNeel & Associates.
- SolidThinking, 2009. www.solidthinking.com, Version 8.0, solidThinking Inc.
- UGNX, 2008. www.plm.automation.siemens.com, Version 4.0, Siemens PLM Inc.
- WESTPORT164., 2007. www.westportyachts.com
- Woodward, C.D., 1988. Skinning techniques for interactive B-spline surface interpolation. Computer-Aided Design, 20(8), pp.441-451.
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기