Numerical investigation of vortex shedding and vortex-induced vibration for flexible riser models
The numerical study about the vortex-induced vibration and vortex shedding in the wake has been presented. Prior to the numerical simulation of flexible riser systems concerning engineering conditions, efficiency validating of the proposed FSI solution method have been performed. The comparison between numerical simulation and published experimental data shows that the CFD method designed for FSI solution could give acceptable result for the VIV prediction of flexible riser/pipe system. As meaningful study on VIV and vortex shedding mode with the focus on flexible riser model systems, two kinds of typical simulation cases have been carried out. One was related to the simulation of vortex visualization in the wake for a riser model subject to forced oscillation, and another was related to the simulation of fluid-structure interaction between the pipes of coupled multi-assembled riser system. The result from forced oscillation simulation shows that the vortex-induced vibration with high response frequency but small instantaneous vibration amplitude contributes to vortex conformation as much as the forced oscillation with large normalized amplitude does, when the frequency of forced oscillation was relatively high. In the multi-assembled riser systems, it has been found that the external current velocity and the distance between two pipes are the critical factors to determine the vibration state and the steady vibration state emerging in quad-pipe system may be destroyed more easily than dual-pipe system.
- ANSYS, 2007. ANSYS CFX-Solver Modeling Guide (V11 SP1), ANSYS Co.
- Chen, Z.S. and Kim, W.J., 2008. Numerical simulation of a large-scale riser with vortex-induced vibration. Proceedings of the Eighth ISOPE Pacific/Asia Offshore Mechanics Symposium, Bangkok, Thailand. pp.121-128.
- Chen, Z.S. and Kim, W.J., 2010. Effect of internal flow on fluid？structure interaction of marine riser model subject to sheared current. submitted to Journal of Fluids and Structures.
- Choi, Y.L. and Hong, S., 2000. Study about structural deformation estimation about flexible pipe in the engineering basin model test. Korea Ocean Research & Development Institute (KORDI), Research report.
- Holmes, S. and Owen, H., 2006. Simulation of Riser VIV Using Fully Three Dimensional CFD Simulations. OMAE, Hamburg, Germany, 4-9 June.
- Huang, K. and Chen, H.C., Chen, C.R., 2009. Vertical Riser VIV Simulation in Sheared Current. ISOPE, Osaka, Japan. 21-26 June, pp. 1369-1376.
- Lehn, E., 2003. VIV suppression tests on high L/D flexible cylinders (main report). ExxonMobil upstream research company.
- Menter, F. and Sharkey, P., 2006. Overview of Fluidstructure coupling in ANSYS-CFX. 25th International Conference on Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering, Hamburg, Germany.
- Michael, S. P., 1994. Vortex induced vibration parameters: critical review. OMAE Offshore Technology, USA.
- Yamamoto, C.T. Meneghini, J.R. Saltara F. Fregonesi, R.A., and Ferrari, J.A. Jr, 2004. Numerical simulations of vortex-induced vibration on flexible cylinders. Journal of Fluids and Structures, 19(4), pp. 467-489.
- Kim Y.C. and Rheem C.K., 2009, Cross flow response of a cylindrical structure under local shear flow, International Journal of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, 1(2), pp. 101-107.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Jung, Jae-Hwan ; Yoon, Hyun-Sik ; Choi, Chang-Young ; Chun, Ho-Hwan ; Park, Dong-Woo 2012. "Large Eddy Simulation of Flow around Twisted Offshore Structure with Drag Reduction and Vortex Suppression" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 49(5): 440~446
- Park, Jun-Bum ; Jeong, Se-Min 2014. "Fatigue Damage Model Comparison with Tri-modal Spectrum under Stationary Gaussian Random Processes" 韓國海洋工學會誌 = Journal of ocean engineering and technology, 28(3): 185~192
- 2015. "" International journal of naval architecture and ocean engineering, 7(6): 1034~1043
- Kim, Sang Woo ; Lee, Seung Jae ; Choi, Sol Mi 2016. "A Study on the Riser Fatigue Analysis Using a Quarter-modal Spectrum" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea, 53(6): 514~520
저자의 다른 논문
- 2003 "KRISO 138K LNG 운반선 모형 주위의 국부 유동장 계측" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 40 (2): 1~10
- 2003 "미소기포 주입에 의한 마찰저항 감소에 대한 연구" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 40 (3): 1~8
- 2003 "폴리머 수용액 주입에 의한 난류마찰저항 감소에 대한 실험 연구" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 40 (3): 9~15
- 2003 "Calculation of Turbulent Flows around a Submarine for the Prediction of Hydrodynamic Performance" Journal of ship and ocean technology 7 (4): 16~31
- 2003 "선박설계를 위한 계산유체역학의 활용" 한국전산유체공학회지 = Journal of computational fluids engineering 8 (2): 42~48
- 2004 "Twin-skeg형 컨테이너선 주위의 격자계 생성과 유동 해석" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 41 (1): 15~22
- 2004 "Experimental Investigation on the Drag Reduction for an Axi-symmetric Body by Micro-bubble and Polymer Solution" Journal of ship and ocean technology 8 (1): 1~9
- 2005 "트랜섬 선미 후방의 점성 유동장 Topology 관찰" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 42 (4): 322~329
- 2005 "VOF 법의 자유수면 포착정도 향상을 위한 연구" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 42 (2): 88~97
- 2007 "Reynolds 수가 다른 컨테이너선 모형 주위의 유동 계산" 大韓造船學會 論文集 = Journal of the Society of Naval Architects of Korea 44 (3): 258~266
- 원문이 없습니다.
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기