The Hypocholesterolemic Effects of Soymilk Fermented with Bacillus subtilis Compared to Soymilk with Cheonggukjang Powder in Apolipoprotein E Knockout Mice
The cholesterol-lowering effects of soymilk fermented with Bacillus subtilis KCCM42923 were studied in apolipoprotein E knockout (ApoE KO) mice and compared to the cholesterol-lowering effects of soymilk to which cheonggukjang powder had been added. ApoE KO mice were divided into 3 groups (n=7/group). Animals were fed either an atherogenic diet only (AD, control group), an AD supplemented with fermented soymilk containing Corni fructus (FSM group), or an AD supplemented with soymik to which cheonggukjang (CGJ) powder had been added at 5% (w/v) (CPS group) for 8 weeks. The amount of FSM or CPS supplementing the AD was 20.8 mL/kg BW. There were no differences in either body weight gain or organ weights among three groups. In the FSM group, the concentration of plasma total cholesterol (TC) and LDL cholesterol (LDLC) were significantly decreased by 26.2% and 30.3% compared with the values of the control group (p
- David CK, John AE. 1996. A review of the clinical effects of phytoestrogens. Obstetrics & Gynecology 87: 897-904.
- Morandi S, D’Agostina, Ferrario F, Arnoldi A. 2005.Isoflavone content of Italian soy food products and daily intakes of some specific classes of consumers. Eur Food Res Technol 221: 84-91.
- Joo MH, Hur SH, Han YS, Kim JY. 2007. Isolation, identification, and characterization of Bacillus strains from the traditional Korean soybean-fermented food, chungkookjang. J Appl Biol Chem 50: 202-210.
- Yang JL, Lee SH, Song YS. 2003. Improving effect of powders of cooked soybean and chongkukjang on blood pressure and lipid metabolism in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 33: 899-905.
- Ko JB. 2006. Effect of cheonggukjang added Phellinus linteus on lipid metabolism in hyperlipidemic rats. J Korean Soc Food Sci Nutr 35: 410-415.
- Park JH, Jeong HJ, Lumen BO. 2007. In vitro digestibility of the cancer preventive soy peptides lunasin and BBI. J Agric Food Chem 55: 10703-10706.
- Kim JI, Kang MJ, Kwon TW. 2003. Antidiabetic effect of soybean and chongkukjang. Korean Soybean Digest 20:44-52.
- Yang HR, Park SS, Lee JW, Lee KB, Han MK. 2009.Comparison of vitamin contents and organoleptic characteristics in powdered cheongkukjang dried by different drying methods. Korean J Food & Nutr 22: 192-198.
- Youn KS. 2004. Preparation and quality characteristics or tablet using cheonggukjang powder. J East Asian SocDietary Life 14: 495-500.
- Hiroko K, Norie O, Satoshi M, Emi Y, Osamu C, Rie T,Fumiyasu I. 1998. Effects of soy milk and bifidobacterium fermented soy milk on lipid metabolism in aged ovariectomized rats. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem 62: 1688-1692.
- Arthony MS, Clarkson TB, Hughes CL, Morgan TM,Burke GL. 1996. Soybean isoflavones improve cardiovascular risk factors without affecting the reproductive system of peripubertal Rhesus monkeys. J Nutr 126: 43-50.
- Mann GV, Spoerry A. 1974. Studies of a surfactant and cholesteremia in the Maasai. Am J Clin Nutr 27: 464-469.
- Abd El-Gawad IA, El-Sayed EM, Hafez SA, El-Zeini HM,Saleh FA. 2005. The hypocholesterolaemic effect of milk yoghurt and soy-yoghurt containing bifidobacteria in rats fed on a cholesterol-enriched diet. Int Dairy J 15: 37-44.
- James W, Anderson MD, Gilliland SE. 1999. Effect of fermented milk (yogurt) containing Lactobacillus acidophilus L1 on serum cholesterol in hypercholesterolemic humans. J Am Coll Nutr 18: 43-50.
- Seo KC, Choi KH, Noh JS, Kim MJ, Song YO. 2009.Improvement of the functional and organoleptic properties of the fermented soymilk with Bacillus subtilis 2829PNU015 in addition of Corni fructus extracts. J Food Sci Nutr 14:54-59.
- Wang YC, Yu RC, Chou CC. 2006. Antioxidative activities of soymilk fermented with lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria. Food Microbiol 23: 128-135.
- Liong MT, Shah NP. 2005. Bile salt deconjugation and BSH activity of five bifidobacterial strains and their cholesterol co-precipitating properties. Food Res Int 38: 135-142.
- Hsieh ML, Chou CC. 2006. Mutagenicity and antimutagenic effect of soymilk fermented with lactic acid bacteria and bifidobacteria. Int J Food Microbiol 111: 43-47.
- Reid G. 2006. Safety and efficacious probiotics: What are they? Trends Microbiol 14: 348-352.
- Seo KC, Kim MJ, Kwon MJ, Kim HJ, Noh JS, Song YO.2009. Antioxidative activities of soymilk fermented withBacillus subtilis. Food Sci Biotechnol 18: 1298-1300.
- Lee YA, Moon HY. 2004. The effect of medicinal plants extracts feeding on hypoglycemic and lipid metabolism in streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats and antioxidant activity of medicinal plants. Life Sci Res 3: 61-68.
- Hina PM, Verstuyft J, Paigen B. 1990. Synthetic low and high fat diets for the study of atherosclerosis in the mouse.J Lipid Res 31: 859-869.
- Allain CC, Poon LS, Chan CS, Richmond W, Fu PC.1974. Enzymatic determination of total serum cholesterol.Clin Chem 20: 470-475.
- McGowan MW, Artiss JD, Strandbergh DR, Zak B. 1983.A peroxidase-coupled method for the colorimetric determination of serum triglycerides. Clin Chem 29: 538-542.
- Friedewald WT, Levy RI, Frederickson DS. 1972. Estimation of the concentration of low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in plasma without use of the preparative ultracentrifuge. Clin Chem 18: 499-502.
- Buege JA, Aust SD. 1978. Microsomal lipid peroxidation.Methods Enzymol 52: 302-310.
- Kim JS, Yoo SM, Chang CM. 1998. Physicochemical properties of traditional Chonggukjang produced in different region. Agric Chem Biothchnol 41: 377-383.
- Taguchi K, Kawabata M, Ohtsuki K, Tanaka Y. 1986.Changes in dietary fiber of natto and tempeh during fermentation.J Jpn Soc Nutr Food Sci 39: 203-208.
- Kim SC, Lee SH, Wi SJ. 2002. The effects of natto mucilage on the components of serum lipid in rats. J KoreanOil Chem Soc 19: 63-67.
- Yokota T, Hattori T, Ohishi H, Hasegawa K, WatanabeK. 1996. The effect of antioxidant-containing fraction from fermented soybean food on atherosclerosis development in cholesterol-fed rabbits. Lebensm-Wiss u-Technol 29:751-755.
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (2)
- Kim, Myung-Hee ; Sung, Ji-Eun ; Yeon, Jee-Young 2014. "A Study on the Dietary Habits and Nutritional Knowledge of High-grade Students in Elementary School" 東아시아食生活學會誌 = Journal of the East Asian Society of Dietary Life, 24(5): 552~563
- 2016. "" Food science and biotechnology, 25(5): 1399~1405
저자의 다른 논문
- 2008 "Protective Effects of Chungkookjang Extract on High Glucose Induced Oxidative Stress in LLC-PK1 Cells" Journal of food science and nutrition 13 (2): 84~89
- 2009 "Improvement of the Functional and Organoleptic Properties of the Fermented Soymilk with Bacillus subtilis 2829PNU015 in Addition of Corni fructus Extracts" Journal of food science and nutrition 14 (1): 54~59
- 2009 "Antioxidative Activities of Soymilk Fermented with Bacillus subtilis" Food science and biotechnology 18 (5): 1298~1300
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기