화장품 에멀젼: 입자에 의한 안정화
Cosmetic Emulsions: Stabilization by Particles
본 총설에서는 나노미터 크기의 고체 입자가 오일-물 계면에 흡착됨으로써 안정화된 에멀젼의 제조와 성질에 대하여 기술하였다. 이렇게 제조된 에멀젼을 Pickering 에멀젼이라 하며 이 에멀젼을 계면활성제로 안정화된 일반적인 에멀젼과 비교하였다. Pickering 에멀젼의 독특한 성질은 입자의 계면 흡착 에너지가 큰 점에 기인하며 일반 에멀젼과 주요한 차이점은 고체 입자가 비가역적으로 계면에 흡착한다는 사실이다. Pickering 에멀젼의 전상은 w/o (water-in-oil) 타입에서 o/w (oil-in-water)로 수상의 분율이 증가함에 따라 발생한다. 친수성의 입자는 o/w 에멀젼을 형성하는 경향을 보이고 친유성 입자는 w/o 에멀젼을 형성하는 경향을 보이며 이는 고체 입자의 오일-물 계면에서의 접촉각에 따른다. Pickering 에멀젼의 안정성은 많은 부분에서 일반적인 에멀젼과는 다른 거동을 보였다. 저자는 또한 Pickering 에멀젼의 화장품 응용 가능성에 대해서도 논의하였다.
The preparation and properties of emulsions stabilized by the adsorption of solid particles at the oil-water interface are reviewed. Comparison is made with the behaviour of surfactant-stabilized emulsions. Many of the properties of Pickering emulsions are attributed to the large free energy of adsorption for particles. The main differences is due to the irreversible adsorption of particles to the interface. Phase inversion from w/o (water-in-oil) to o/w (oil-in-water) can be brought by increasing the volume fraction of water. Hydrophilic particles tend to form o/w emulsion whereas hydrophobic particles form w/o emulsion. The contact angle at the oil-water interface is main parameter to decide the emulsion type. The aspects of stability of Pickering emulsions are in contrast to general emulsions in some points. The possibility using Pickering emulsions for cosmetics is also proposed.
- A Gelot, W. Friesen, and H. A Hamza, Emulsification of oil and water in the presence of finely divided solids and surface-active agents, Colloids Surf., 12, 271 (1984).
- H. Hassander, B. Johansson, and B. Tornell, The mechanism of emulsion stabilization by small silica (Ludox) particles, Colloids Surf., 157, 244 (1989).
- J. Frelichowska, M. Bolzinger, J. Valour, H. Mouaziz, J. Pelletier, and Y. Chevalier, Pickering wlo emulsions: Drug release and tropical delivery, Int. J. Pharmaceutics, 368, 7 (2009).
- J. Frelichowska, M. Bolzinger, J. Pelletier, J. Valour, and Y. Chevalier, Tropical delivery of lipophilic drugs from o/w Pickering emulsions, Int. J. Pharmaceutics, 371, 56 (2009).
- B. P. Binks, H. Kellay, and J. Meunier, Effects of alkane chain length on the bending elasticity constant K of AOT monolayers at the planar oil-water interface, Europhys. Lett., 16, 53 (1991).
- B. P. Binks and J. A Rodrigues, Enhanced stabilization of emulsions due to surfactant-induced nanoparticle flocculation, Langmuir, 21(14), 7436 (2007).
- S. Stiller, H. Gers-Barlag, M. Lergenmuller, F. Pflucker, J. Schulz, K. P. Wittern, and R. Daniels, Investigation, of stability in emulsions stabilized with different surface modified titanium dioxides, Colloid and Surfaces A: Physicochem. Eng, Aspects, 232, 261 (2009).
- D. E. Tambe and M. M. Sharma, Factors controlling the stability of colloid -stabilized emulsions: I. An experimental investigation, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 157, 244 (1993).
- J.-L. Salager, Encyclopedia of emulsion technology, ed. P. Becher Vol. 3, 79, Marcel Dekker, New York (1988).
- H. D. K. Wacker, Fumed Silica Brochure Nr. 4955e, Wacker-Chemie GmbH. Munchen (1998).
- J. S. Chong, E. B. Christiansen, and A D. Baer, Rheology of concentrated suspensions, J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 15, 2007 (1971).
- D. Diggins, L. G. J. Fokkink, and J. Ralston, The wetting of angular quartz particles: Capillary pressure and contact angles, Colloids Surf., 44, 299 (1990).
- B. P. Binks and A Rocjer, Effects of temperature on water-in-oil emulsions stabilised solely by wax microparticles, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 335, 94 (2009).
- T. R. Briggs, Emulsions with finely divided solids, Ind. Eng. Chem., 13, 1008 (1921),
- E. H. Lucassen-Reynders and M. van den Tempel, Stabilization of water-in-oil emulsions by solid particles, J Phys. Chem., 67, 731 (1963).
- B. P. Binks and J. A Rodrigues, Influence of surfactant structure on the double inversion emulsions in the presence of nanoparticles, Colloids and Surf. A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects. 345, 195 (2009).
Z. G. Cui. K. Z. Cui. and B. P. Binks Double phase inversion of emulsions stabilized by a mixture of
$CaCO_3$nanoparticles and sodium dodecyl sulphate, Colloids and Surf, A: Physicochemical and Engineering Aspects, 329, 67 (2008).
- B. P. Binks and C. P. Whitby, Silica particle-stabilized emulsions of silicone oil and water: Aspects of emulsification, Langmuir, 20(4), 1130 (2004).
- B. P. Binks and J. A Rodrigues, Types of phase inversion of silica particle stabilized emulsions containing triglyceride oil, Langmuir, 19(12), 4905 (2003).
- B. P. Binks, J. H. Clint. and C. P. Whitby, Rhleological behaviour of water-in-oil emulsions stabilized by hydrophobic bentonite particles, Langmuir, 21(12), 5307 (2005).
- J. Giermanska-Kahn, V. Schmitt, B. P. Binks, and F. Leal-Calderon, A new method to prepare monodisperse Pickering emulsions, Langmuir, 18(7), 2515 (2002).
- B. P. Binks, A K. F. Dyab, and P. D. I. Fletcher, Proceedings of 3rd World Congress on Emulsions, Lyon, CME, Boulogne-Billancourt, 33 (2002).
- B. P. Binks and M. Kirkland, Interfacial structure of solid-stabilised emulsions studied by scanning electron microscopy, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 4, 3727 (2002).
- V. N. Paunov, B. P. Binks, and N. P. Ashby, Adsorption of charged colloid particles to charged liquid surfaces, Langmuir, 18(18), 6946 (2002).
- B. P. Binks and S. O. Lumsdon, Effects of oil type and aqueous phase composition on oil-water mixtures containing particles of intermediate hydrophobicity, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2, 2959 (2000).
- B. P. Binks and S. O. Lumsdon, Influence of particle wettability on the type and stability of surfactant-free emulsions, Langmuir, 16(23), 8622 (2000).
- N. P. Ashby and B. P. Binks, Pickering emulsions stabilised by Laponite clay particles, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 2, 5640 (2000).
- B. P. Binks and J. H. Clint, Solid Wettability from surface energy components: Relevance to Pickering emulsions, Langmuir, 18(4), 1270 (2002).
- B. P. Binks and P. D. I. Fletcher, Particles adsorbed at the oil-water interface: A theoretical comparison between spheres of uniform wettability and "Janus" particles, Langmuir, 17(16), 4708 (2001).
- B. P. Binks and S. O. Lumsdon, Catastrophic phase inversion of water-in-oil emulsions stabilized by hydrophobic silica, Langmuir, 17(15), 4540 (2001).
- B. P. Binks and S. O. Lumsdon, Stability of oil-inwater emulsions stabilised by silica particles, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 1, 3007 (1999).
- B. P. Binks and S. O. Lumsdon, Catastrophic phase inversion of water-in-oil emulsions stabilized by hydrophobic silica, Langmuir, 16(6), 2539 (2000).
- B. P. Binks and S. O. Lumsdon, Transitional phase inversion of solid-stabilized emulsions using particle mixtures, Langmuir, 16(8), 3748 (2000).
- B. R. Midmore, Effect of aqueous phase composition on the properties of a silica-stabilized w/o emulsion, J. Colloid Interface Sci 213, 352 (1999).
- G. Lagaly, M. Reese, and S. Abend, Smectites as colloidal stabilizers of emulsions: II. Rheological properties of smectite-laden emulsions, Appl. Clay Sci., 14, 83 (1999).
- B. P. Binks, Particles as surfactants-similarities and differences, Curr. Opinion Colloid Interface Sci., 7, 21 (2002).
- B. R. Midmore, Preparation of a novel silica-stabilized oil/water emulsion, Colloids Surf A, 132, 257 (1998).
- R. A veyard, B. P. Binks, and J. H. Clint. Emulsions stabilized solely by colloidal particles. Adv. Colloid Interface Sci. 100-102. 503 (2003).
- B. P. Binks. Modern aspects of emulsion science. ed. B. P. Binks. 245. The royal society of chemistry. Cambridge (1998).
- S. Levine, B. D. Bowen, and S. J. Partridge, Stabilization of emulsions by fine particles. II. Capillary and van der Waals forces between particles, Colloids Surf. 38,325 (1989).
- S. U. Pickering, Emulsions, J Chem. Soc., 91, 2001 (1907).
- P. Finkle, H. D. Draper, and J. H. Hildebrand, The theory of emulsification, J Am. Chem. Soc., 45, 2780 (1923).
- J. H. Schulman and J. Leja, Control of contact angles at the oil-water-solid interface, Trans. Faraday Soc., 50, 598 (1954).
- S. Abend, N. Bonnke, U. Gutschner, and G. Lagaly, Stabilization of emulsions by heterocoagulation of clay minerals and layered double hydroxides, Colloid Polym. Sci 276, 730 (1998).
- D. E. Tambe and M. M. Sharma, Factors controlling the stability of colloid-stabilized emulsions III. Measurement of the rheological properties of colloid-laden interfaces, Adv. Colloid Interface Sci., 52, 1 (1994).
- N. Yan and J. H. Masliyah, Effect of pH on adsorption and desorption of clay particles at oil-water interface, Colloids Surf, A, 96, 229 (1995).
- J. H. Kim, S. E. Song, K. Y. Kyong, E. J. Lee, W. G. Cho, and M. S. Yoon, Effect of aqueous phase composition on the stability of a silica-stabilized water-in -oil emulsion, Proceedings 23rd IFSCC Congress, Orlando, 112 (2004).
- T. Hasell, J. Yang, W. Wang, J. Li, P. D. Brown, M. Poliakoff, E. Lester, and S. M. Howdle, Preparation of polymernanoparticle composite beads by a nanoparticle-stabilised suspension polymerisation, J. Mater Chem., 17, 4382 (2007).
- J. Yang, T. Hasell, W. Wang, J. Li, P. D. Brown, M. Poliakoff. E. Lester. and S. M. Howdle, Preparation of hybrid polymer nanocomposite microparticles by a nanoparticle stabilised dispersion polymerisation, J. Mater Chem., 18, 998 (2008).
- S. A. F. Bon and P. J. Colver, Pickering miniemulsion polymerization using Laponite clay as a stabilizer, Langmuir, 23(16), 8316 (2007).
- D. J. Voorn, W. Ming, and A M. van Herk, PolymerClay nanocomposite latex particles by inverse Pickering emulsion polymerization stabilized with hydrophobic montmorillonite platelets, Macromolecules, 39, 2137 (2006).
- J. Jeng, T. Y. Chen, C. F. Lee, N. Y. Liang, and W. Y. Chiu, Growth mechanism and pH-regulation characteristics of composite latex particles prepared from Pickering emulsion polymerization of aniline/ZnO using different hydrophilicities of oil phases, Polymer, 49, 3265 (2008).
- Y. J. He and X. Y. Yu, Preparation of silica nanoparticle-armored polyaniline microspheres in a Pickering emulsion, Mater. Lett., 61, 2071 (2007).
- Y. J. He, Preparation of polyaniline microspheres with nanostructured surfaces by a solids-stabilized emulsion, Mater. Lett., 59, 2133 (2005).
- Y. J. He, Preparation of polyaniline/nano-ZnO composites via a novel Pickering emulsion route, Powder Technol., 147, 59 (2004).
- K. Chen, Y. Yang, Q. Sa, L. Shi, and H. Zhao, Suspension polymerization stabilized by triblock copolymer with CdS nanoparticles, Polymer, 49, 2650 (2008).
- Q. Gao, C. Wang, H. Liu, C. Wang, X. Liu, and Z. Tong, Suspension Q. Gao, C. Wang, H. Liu, C. Wang, X. Liu, and Z. Tong, Suspension polymerization based on inverse Pickering emulsion droplets for thermo-sensitive hybrid microcapsules with turnable supracolloidal structures, Polymer, 50, 2587 (2009).
- J. H. Chen, C. Y. Cheng, W. Y. Chiu, C. F. Lee, and N. Y. Liang, Synthesis of ZnO/polystyrene composites particles by Pickering emulsion polymerization, Eur. Polymer, 44, 3271 (2008).
- L. Mahadevan, Non-stick water, Nature, 411(21), 895 (2001).
- P. Aussillous and D. Quere, Liquid marbles, Nature, 411(21), 924 (2001).
- C. Li, Q. Liu, Z. Mei, J. Wang, J. Xu, and D. Sun, Pickering emulsions stabilized by paraffin wax and Laponite clay particles, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 336, 314 (2009).
H. Strohm and P. Lobmann, Porous
$TiO_2$hollow spheres by liquid phase deposition on polystyrene latex-stabilised Pickering emulsions, J Mater. Chem., 14, 2667 (2004).
- Z. Zhai and S. Efrima, Chemical and physical aspects of macroemulsions stabilized by interfacial colloids, J Phys. Chem., 100, 11019 (1996).
- S. Cauvin, P. J. Colver, and S. A. F. Bon. Pickering stabilized miniemulsion polymerization: Preparation of clay armored latexes, Macromolecules, 38, 7887 (2005).
- J. Zhang, K. Q. Chen, and H. Y. Zhao, PMMA colloid particles armored by clay layers with PDMAEMA polymer brushes, J. Polym. Sci., Part A Polym. Chem., 46, 2632 (2008).
- Y. Nonomura and N. Kobayashi, Phase inversion of the Pickering emulsions stabilized by plate-shaped clay particles, J. Colloid Interface Sci., 330, 463 (2009).
이 논문을 인용한 문헌 (4)
- Lee, Dong-Reol ; Cho, Wan-Goo 2010. "Stability of Nano-Emulsions Prepared by Solubilization Method" 大韓化粧品學會誌 = Journal of the society of cosmetic scientists of Korea, 36(4): 265~269
- Cho, Wan-Goo 2012. "A Recent Research Trends for Food Emulsions using Pickering Stabilization of Nano-particles" 한국유화학회지 = Journal of oil & applied science, 29(2): 238~247
- Hwang, So-Ra ; Nam, Jin-Oh ; Lee, Byung-Jin ; Song, Woo-Ho ; Lee, Chang-Soo 2012. "Recent Emulsion Technology in Cosmetics" KSBB Journal, 27(4): 207~214
- Lee, Ye-Eun ; Yoo, In-Sang 2014. "Effect of Storage Temperature on the Dispersion Stability of O/W Nano-emulsions" KSBB Journal, 29(5): 385~391
- NDSL :
- 코리아스칼라 : 저널
유료 다운로드의 경우 해당 사이트의 정책에 따라 신규 회원가입, 로그인, 유료 구매 등이 필요할 수 있습니다. 해당 사이트에서 발생하는 귀하의 모든 정보활동은 NDSL의 서비스 정책과 무관합니다.
원문복사신청을 하시면, 일부 해외 인쇄학술지의 경우 외국학술지지원센터(FRIC)에서
무료 원문복사 서비스를 제공합니다.
NDSL에서는 해당 원문을 복사서비스하고 있습니다. 위의 원문복사신청 또는 장바구니 담기를 통하여 원문복사서비스 이용이 가능합니다.
- 이 논문과 함께 이용한 콘텐츠
- 이 논문과 함께 출판된 논문 + 더보기